Club statement

Darryl1869

From he club statement...

The Kilmarnock Football Club confirm that Charlee Adams (Birmingham City FC), Flo Bojaj, Will Boyle (both Huddersfield Town) and Jonathan Burn (Middlesbrough) have returned to their parent Clubs.

Charlee made a total of nine appearances for the club and Will made fourteen, which included a goal on his debut against Clyde in the Betfred Cup. 

Jonathan pulled on the Killie jersey a total of ten times, with Flo being ever-present for Paul Stephenson’s Development side and made five appearances for the first team. 

We thank them for their time here and wish them every success in their future.

The Kilmarnock Football Club also confirm that defender, Luke Hendrie, has extended his stay until the end of the season, on loan from parent Club Burnley. Luke has made eighteen appearances to date and quickly became a fans favorite.

Agreed Skygod. Was reading yesterday St Johnstone have three or four young players out on loan. Accies and Motherwell both have a number of kids out on loan as well. So do other teams. For me if a kid becomes one of the top performers for the development side but isn't quite knocking on the first team door get them out down the divisions to taste first team football. 

Who was the last player we had out on loan. McKay at Derby but that was more of a trial than a loan move. Before that I can only think of Kiltie at Queens.

Brennan to Stranraer.

The most successful I can think of was McKenzie at Brechin City, which is going back a way.

Most loans from Killie have been a prelude to the player being released - Euan Smith to Clyde, Ross Davidson to Albion Rovers, Rory McKeown to Cowdenbeath, Gary Fisher to East Fife etc.

10 hours ago, skygod said:

Brennan to Stranraer.

The most successful I can think of was McKenzie at Brechin City, which is going back a way.

Most loans from Killie have been a prelude to the player being released - Euan Smith to Clyde, Ross Davidson to Albion Rovers, Rory McKeown to Cowdenbeath, Gary Fisher to East Fife etc.

To be fair that may well say more about them than the clubs use or non use of the system.

Just now, skygod said:

I wasn't trying to make a point - just a statement of fact: almost all the players we have loaned out have been surplus to requirement.

The number of loans you could describe as developmental is a tiny minority.

don't disagree, and think we should be looking at that side of our development strategy in a big way to give pur most promising youngsters real first team experience.