Al Ahly bid for Coulibaly?

King

From LC comments last night ---and the contacts he has had so far seemed its more Agents trying to set up a deal for the player --whether these Agents are working on behalf of other Clubs as is often the case these days ----or were some way linked to the player was not confirmed 

13 hours ago, skygod said:

Prefer that way to players submitting transfer requests or, worse, downing tools and refusing to play.

If a player wants to leave these days then he will. I expect Payet will be gone from West Ham by the end of the transfer window as well.

Oh, just to say Spiers is a complete and utter moron. His valuation of Coulibaly is just a joke. How this guy still makes a living from the game is beyond me or perhaps it is the sheer brass neck of a man who lauds Paul Le Guen as the best thing that will happen to Rangers (as they were called at the time) and then within a year has released a book explaining why he was such a failure.

If the papers are to be believed (I know, I know...) and the clubs are only £100k apart in their valuation then it would appear very likely that agreement will be reached and it will be down to the player to make a decision.  

He will be very hard to replace. We create very few chances and he's managed to make a fair number of his goals out of nothing. Clark will need to pull another rabbit out the hat as he has been by far and away his best signing.

Record quoting a third party as saying that Killie want at least £750 k.

However, Zamalek have had a transfer ban imposed.

May as well wait until the summer as he's on a three-year contract.

Remember selling Naismith at the last minute of the window and suffering as a result.

He's going to be at least quoted in Goal of the Season competitions so his value shouldn't decrease.

26 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

If Payet is still there at the end of the window I'd expect human rights lawyers to get involved.  

I don't think they concern themselves too much with people being paid 5M a year to play football against their will.

Perhaps if he pays back his 1M quid loyalty bonus they will let him go.

12 minutes ago, skygod said:

Record quoting a third party as saying that Killie want at least £750 k.

However, Zamalek have had a transfer ban imposed.

May as well wait until the summer as he's on a three-year contract.

Remember selling Naismith at the last minute of the window and suffering as a result.

He's going to be at least quoted in Goal of the Season competitions so his value shouldn't decrease.

He could get injured or be rubbish in the latter half of the season - he wasn't exactly brilliant in English football.

If they sold now, yes there would be a challenge to replace him.

But equally, the club would have taken £1m+ this season in transfer fees.

Long term, consitsantly selling players for money is the only way the clubs gonna get extra income above the competition to get the top 6.

Killie are never gonna sell more seats than Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc etc

I'd take the money on offer now, players are a commodity - unless they are home grown like Naisy.

5 minutes ago, RAG said:

He could get injured or be rubbish in the latter half of the season - he wasn't exactly brilliant in English football.

Long term, consitsantly selling players for money is the only way the clubs gonna get extra income above the competition to get the top 6.

Killie are never gonna sell more seats than Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen etc etc

I'd take the money on offer now, players are a commodity - unless they are home grown like Naisy.

Rag at the meeting Clark said he didn't know about it. But told the board his valuation.

15 minutes ago, RAG said:

Yes, he could get injured but, on that basis, every valuable player would be wrapped in cotton wool.

My point was that, even if he hardly kicks a ball in the rest of the season, his showreel will look at least as good in the summer as it does now.

So holding on to him shouldn't harm us financially and we would benefit from his contribution meantime.

Seems to me that selling now would be a mistake.

16 minutes ago, Prahakillie said:

they are all a commodity.

Naisy wasn't an exception.

Obviously.

I was meaning you can't go out and buy home grown younger players, they must be developed.

They can of course be sold, but there's two tiers of football player post Bosman.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

So holding on to him shouldn't harm us financially and we would benefit from his contribution meantime.

Seems to me that selling now would be a mistake.

Could be a mistake, but it'd be cash in the bank, giving us options.

Really depends who LC has lined up as replacement.

I'm sure he'll have a few on his radar..

Edited by RAG

30 minutes ago, RAG said:

Long term, going by the Meet the Manger last night, it appears we aren't going to be offering permanent contracts and will go down the loanee route. 

Just now, Brianstorm said:

A very brutal way to look at it.  If you don't have an agent as a 16 year old kid and are decent,  you will be anhialated by business. 

Why? if you are good you could sign with a club on a modest wage with a contract that suits both parties (ie a cheap buy out clause)

What you love to gloss over is the fact players let themselves get tied up in long term contracts as this means they get a much higher wage as their club will be able to demand a higher transfer fee should another club wish to buy them.

Works both ways. I have zero sympathy for a player who signs a long term deal on inflated wages based on the length of the deal then cries wolf a year or so later demanding move. Cry me a river.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Long term, going by the Meet the Manger last night, it appears we aren't going to be offering permanent contracts and will go down the loanee route. 

Lee Clark said that he would much prefer a team of permanent signings, but was doing what was best with the money available

He did however say that he might sign Scott Boyd permanently (if his testimonial is sorted out) so that he can sign another over 21 loanee from a Scottish club

He also said that he had offered a permanent deal to that player, a striker (Miles Storey?) which had been agreed by the other club, but the player only wanted a loan deal, as he feels he can show his current manager that he is worth keeping

15 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

All the more reason to cash in IMO.

I'm surprised there's not n SPL limit of say 5 players on incoming loans.

6 or 12 months down the line, some of those loan players could be freed and might then be on the lookout for a club at the right price.

Seems to be how it works for Killie in the past - Eremenko for example!