Will Boyle interview, a few controversial opinions

Agree with timeline here and I think our decline might exaggerate the general fall in standards of top Scottish league over last 25 years. The other indicator is how few Scots play in English Premier League now, in the seventies, most top teams had a leading Scotsman in the team. As far as the last standard of KFC relative to English league structure I note we're now drawing with Gateshead and in the pre season before last drew with mighty English sides like Shrewsbury and Morecambe. Going further back we regularly lost in ore season at home to Championship clubs.

I think the best way to look at it is crowds and player budgets. Generally, over a decade or so, most sides end up roughly where they should be (they might under perform or over perform for a while but 'gravity' takes over) that's what scares me about us at the moment. We used to do better with one or two 'fans' in the team now a bunch of kids coming for a few months from elsewhere is hardly going to bring the extra motivation and organisation to keep us safe.

Celtic might survive in EPL but they'd have to spend big not sure others could survive in Championship which some of you are underestimating as standards (and money!!) are increasing in that league.

More to the point if we do go down more likely to do a St. Mirren than a Hearts given finances and morale of shrinking fan base. That's why survival this year and change at the club with some real investment is vital.

Oh! I forgot to say that Boyle was mediocre at best more of an Ashcroft than a Freddie Dindeleux.

14 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Agree with timeline here and I think our decline might exaggerate the general fall in standards of top Scottish league over last 25 years. The other indicator is how few Scots play in English Premier League now, in the seventies, most top teams had a leading Scotsman in the team. As far as the last standard of KFC relative to English league structure I note we're now drawing with Gateshead and in the pre season before last drew with mighty English sides like Shrewsbury and Morecambe. Going further back we regularly lost in ore season at home to Championship clubs.

I think the best way to look at it is crowds and player budgets. Generally, over a decade or so, most sides end up roughly where they should be (they might under perform or over perform for a while but 'gravity' takes over) that's what scares me about us at the moment. We used to do better with one or two 'fans' in the team now a bunch of kids coming for a few months from elsewhere is hardly going to bring the extra motivation and organisation to keep us safe.

Celtic might survive in EPL but they'd have to spend big not sure others could survive in Championship which some of you are underestimating as standards (and money!!) are increasing in that league.

More to the point if we do go down more likely to do a St. Mirren than a Hearts given finances and morale of shrinking fan base. That's why survival this year and change at the club with some real investment is vital.

Oh! I forgot to say that Boyle was mediocre at best more of an Ashcroft than a Freddie Dindeleux.

I'd take any pre season games with a massive pinch of salt. 

Celtic would survive in the EPL IMO, even without massive investment. They would invest though given the vast quantities of money available. 

Clubs up here use the little money they have much more prudently than clubs down south. 

The standard of League 2 is utter dross. That's why it's made up of Killie, County and Motherwell rejects. 

• 1 month later...

Two bookings, only showed the second. 

The garish kit was worth a yellow card on its own. 

At least Boyle is playing first-team League football.

Other former "stars" like Jonny Burn (43 mins for Bristol Rovers), Flo Bojaj (15 mins for 92nd club Newport County), Mark Waddington (in and - more often - out of Stoke's U23 team), Charlee Adams (who knows?), George Green (Salford City) and Oliver Davies (Merthyr Town) aren't doing that well. 

God knows where Webb, Cobain, McFadzean and Kayode are. 

Those photographs of Clark posing with the new signings last summer will haunt him. Not for nothing was Coulibaly the most prominently positioned.

Edited by skygod

I had noticed he was getting a regular start at Cheltenham. I know he wasn't the most popular among the Killie support but I think there is something about him and "will" keep a wee eye on his progress (or lack of maybe). 

I also happened to notice Jermaine Pennant was an unused sub for Bury yesterday. Was he involved at all in the game at Charlton you were at skygod? Or is he a recent Clark signing? Talk about a blast from the past.

He was an unused sub. He was there before LC arrived, although we don't know when Clark started to have an influence on matters. 

He's had his troubles, of course, having been to prison.

I think he's washed-up basically, one of those footballers who piisses it all away on booze, fast cars and loose women and has no regrets.