Norman Martin R.I.P.

killiehippo

4 minutes ago, killiehippo said:

Just heard more very sad news that Norman a very well known Killie and Newcastle fan died today. Had some great laughs with Norman back in the day, he loved a beer in the Jolly Farmer many moons back. R.I.P. mate

New him well when I was a member of the travel club. Wee puddock usd to look after him at the football. A well known postie about killie. R.I.P bonny lad.

1 minute ago, Killie alan said:

New him well when I was a member of the travel club. Wee puddock usd to look after him at the football. A well known postie about killie. R.I.P bonny lad.

Really lovely guy and talked at length with pleasure on both Killie and Newcastle (even if you couldn't understand his accent at times). RIP Norman 

5 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

RIP.  Total legend I remember him well when I was going to the games as a kid.  Can recall when we played Sunderland at home in a friendly at the old Rugby Park he was standing up at the segregation fence giving it laldy to the 'mackem b@stards!' 

That's just the way he was mad mental storming Norman but everybody loved him!!!

1 hour ago, darth lord said:

rip norrie  worked beside him at royal mail for a while he was there

bit of a character ,liked a laugh and full of mischief 

think he did a ny marathon in its early days 

followed killie and scotland 

another local legend gone

Did the New York marathon with George Rattray , mine host at jollies. Also RIP George , both missed. 

8 hours ago, Rml said:

Remember a Geordie at away games in the TB era when I was a kid..He had sideburns/tattoos...Was that Norman?

That's the guy I am thinking of, sure his name was Norman, I remember him at Muirton Park one day wanting to lead a storming of the stand to get at the old board, but my mind may be playing tricks.