Kristoffer Ajer

GeeM19

Two games played for us and already looks like one of the best players we have seen at rugby park and as has been said his celebrations for all our goals and his reaction towards the fans at the end were pure class Celtic have got themselves a player and no mistake just hope we can keep him as long as possible and contribute to his development credit to our manager for arranging his loan spell!

I just hope we don't expect too much too soon from Ajer... We need to remember he is only 18 & playing in a position that is alien to him. 

I really hope we can hold onto him next year and both us & Celtic benefit from his loan move here. You never know, if we develop him to Rogers liking, he may give us more players we simply could only dream of having at RP.

Enjoy him lads while he's here, players like that don't come along at Killie too often.

Edited by C4mmy31

Very good player and should do well in the game, but I'm not getting why everyone is waxing lyrical about a centre half who was part of a team that so easily conceded two goals. Before I get shot down in flames by those who can only seem to judge players as John McEachran or Lionel Messi, again I will say that I think he has a bit of quality about him and had a really good game on the whole, but why lavish so much praise on him and yet boo our own young lad for doing the correct thing in maintaining possession and passing the ball back the way, if Ajer had done that we'd be creaming our pants! I appreciate that it did seem to be the old crisp poke rustlers who were giving Wilson the hard time, so everyone else is excused. On that, some folk seem to think that "boo boys" and the fans trying to get shot of MJ are one in the same thing. How wrong can you be?

Said else where Wilson had a solid game and never wasted too many balls, Darren Fletcher made a career doing exactly the same thing, I've also had this misfortune to hear fans abuse Fletcher for doing the same in a Scotland shirt, ie never waste a pass and alway play the simple pass to one of his team mates.

Every coach in the country will bark - Play it simple. The boy did his job, simple.

Ignore the no brianers and enjoy. 

Edited by Andy

1 hour ago, rb_506 said:

Very good player and should do well in the game, but I'm not getting why everyone is waxing lyrical about a centre half who was part of a team that so easily conceded two goals. Before I get shot down in flames by those who can only seem to judge players as John McEachran or Lionel Messi, again I will say that I think he has a bit of quality about him and had a really good game on the whole, but why lavish so much praise on him and yet boo our own young lad for doing the correct thing in maintaining possession and passing the ball back the way, if Ajer had done that we'd be creaming our pants! I appreciate that it did seem to be the old crisp poke rustlers who were giving Wilson the hard time, so everyone else is excused. On that, some folk seem to think that "boo boys" and the fans trying to get shot of MJ are one in the same thing. How wrong can you be?

The two aren't exclusive to each other though. Just because a defence concedes a goal, it doesn't mean you can't say some of that defence had an excellent game. Jamie Macdonald has had plenty of MOTM performances but conceded 2 or 3 in the same game. Pretty simplistic way of looking at it if you can't say somebody has played well just because we've conceded a goal or two.

Ajer was head and shoulders above anyone on the park on Saturday. To say otherwise is just foolish.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The two aren't exclusive to each other though. Just because a defense concedes a goal, it doesn't mean you can't say some of that defense had an excellent game. Jamie Macdonald has had plenty of MOTM performances but conceded 2 or 3 in the same game. Pretty simplistic way of looking at it if you can't say somebody has played well jsut because we've conceded a goal or two.

Ajer was head and shoulders above anyone on the park on Saturday. To say otherwise is just foolish.

Agree and BTW people forget just how good a football team Ross County can be at times

The way they knocked the ball about in that 15/20 minute spell, they would have scored goals against most teams

Ajer had an excellent game

Jesus sufferin' I said he had a good game. I also said he was a good player. But in my opinion (I'm allowed to have one without being called stupid, right?) he wasn't head and shoulders above everyone else. Dicker was equally as good. Its always the same on here, someone had as a good game and they are the new Baresi or Ronaldo, until they have a bad game and then they should get punted. It's the same week in and week out with the manager. I've lost count of the number of people wanting him gone, one win later, Ross County at home with a last minute goal, he's a genius and we should never have doubted him. Let's hope that Ajer continues to impress the way he did on Saturday and don't put too much pressure on the shoulders of an 18 year old who is playing at a new team, in a new position for a club that has been flirting with relegation for several years now. Let's also stop calling for the managers head every time we get a bad result because we will get the reputation for being fickle fans and potential signings will think twice about coming here. Is calling for a wee bit restraint too much to ask for if we'll benefit from it in the long run?