Kristoffer Ajer

GeeM19

• 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Kilmarnock interim manager Lee McCulloch wants Kristoffer Ajer, the 18-year-old on-loan Celtic utility man, back at Rugby Park next season. (Evening Times).

Make it happen please Mr Rogers....

Does this mean that McCulloch is gonna be our manager next season if he is planning signings already??

7 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Does this mean that McCulloch is gonna be our manager next season if he is planning signings already??

Seems like a reasonable conclusion.

Keeping Ayer would be very desirable IMO. The thing is I think he may be better than anything Ceptic currently have at the back.

I'd make him captain if we could keep him. He has been out best player. Looks very composed and shows emotion, just look at how gutted he was at end of Aberdeen game we threw away, guy was in tears on the pitch. I can see the boy playing at the top, but another season getting experience would be a good shout for him and Celtic

9 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I'd make him captain if we could keep him. He has been out best player. Looks very composed and shows emotion, just look at how gutted he was at end of Aberdeen game we threw away, guy was in tears on the pitch. I can see the boy playing at the top, but another season getting experience would be a good shout for him and Celtic

I'd tend to agree, he's a born leader.

Was the captain of his club side in Norway at 16!

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd tend to agree, he's a born leader.

Was the captain of his club side in Norway at 16!

played 54 first team games before leaving for Celtic, every single game looks an absolute canter for him, the only weakness you could pick and it would be splitting hairs is that he is very one footed, and with that its not caused him to make a single mistake.

Would be fantastic to see him back next season

check how delighted he is to score even in training

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

I thought we had made a mistake in being committed to playing him out of his regular position but he seems to have made few mistakes and certainly not costly ones. 

A good example of what a loan should be about (although I'm not keen on them within the same divisions).

I first saw him a couple of months ago. He missed his first 2 headers under no pressure and his 3rd went straight up in the air in our penalty box .

I came away believing if he wants to be in central defense he needs to work on body strength and heading. 

He is excellent on the ground. 

10 hours ago, Dan1el said:

Having Ajer next season would be the difference between top/bottom 6 in my opinion, hes already good enough for Celtic but if we can get him for next season we'd already be on to a winner

I think it would be more the difference between being in the relegation battle or keeping above it.
i would say 5 of the 6 places will go to Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen leaving the rest to fight it out for the final place. 

Whilst I think he is a very good player for his age and I'd be happy to have him next year, I can't help but feel a lot of people over exaggerate just how good he is. 

I seen someone on pie and bovril (might've been on here) claim he was the best centre back in Scotland outwith Celtic, which IMO is madness. 

He is a good player with the ball at his feet, very comfortable, however he is murder when balls are played over his head and struggles when chasing balls with a man beside him. 

His positional sense at times is questionable too. 

He does show an amazing amount of passion and it's great to see. 

He is no where near the complete package at CB yet and that's why he's with us. This isn't me slating the big guy as he seems a top guy and he is a good player, I just think folk heap a bit too much praise on him. 

7 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Whilst I think he is a very good player for his age and I'd be happy to have him next year, I can't help but feel a lot of people over exaggerate just how good he is. 

I seen someone on pie and bovril (might've been on here) claim he was the best centre back in Scotland outwith Celtic, which IMO is madness. 

He is a good player with the ball at his feet, very comfortable, however he is murder when balls are played over his head and struggles when chasing balls with a man beside him. 

He is no where near the complete package at CB yet and that's why he's with us. This isn't me slating the big guy as he seems a top guy and he is a good player, I just think folk heap a bit too much praise on him. 

I don't think his ability and potential are being exaggerated.
The boy is still only 18 and if he is not already the best centre back in Scotland outwith Celtic then he is not far off it.
Any team in Scotland would be absolutely delighted to have him and he will go on to play in the champions league, probably the English premiership and certainly for his country.

We should all be praying that we can keep him for another season.

20 hours ago, Trojan76 said:

Gary Dicker should be captain. 

Ajer though, even at a young age does have attributes to be a leader, but in the future and unfortunately probably not at Killie 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

I don't think his ability and potential are being exaggerated.
The boy is still only 18 and if he is not already the best centre back in Scotland outwith Celtic then he is not far off it.
Any team in Scotland would be absolutely delighted to have him and he will go on to play in the champions league, probably the English premiership and certainly for his country.

We should all be praying that we can keep him for another season.

Potential is different from ability. He is not the best yet and I don't actually think he is even close to being the best. 

The past few weeks have shown that, he has constantly failed to deal with balls over his head and has had dodgy positioning. 

52 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Potential is different from ability. He is not the best yet and I don't actually think he is even close to being the best. 

The past few weeks have shown that, he has constantly failed to deal with balls over his head and has had dodgy positioning. 

He has strolled majority of the games at 18. You can see he's worked hard to get better aswell. 

He's one of the best CBs we've had in a few years. I'd certainly have him ahead of current crop Boyd, Ashcroft, Addison, Osborne.

if we get him back I'd be delighted. 

11 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Please remember this is an 18yr old MIDFIELDER who has been told his future is at CB, and he is learning that craft beside a constantly changing backline who have leaked goals for 2 years, and in the top flight of our league system.  Give the boy a break, I personally think he has done remarkably well considering his serious lack of game time prior to coming to us.

Given another year or two at CB, and when he does make the step up to Celtic or beyond he will be some player.  He will make Celtic shedloads of cash, unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Please remember this is an 18yr old MIDFIELDER who has been told his future is at CB, and he is learning that craft beside a constantly changing backline who have leaked goals for 2 years, and in the top flight of our league system.  Give the boy a break, I personally think he has done remarkably well considering his serious lack of game time prior to coming to us.

Given another year or two at CB, and when he does make the step up to Celtic or beyond he will be some player.  He will make Celtic shedloads of cash, unfortunately.

Think you're misunderstanding my point. I'm honestly not trying to slate him, I think he is fantastic especially for his age and the fact he is technically out of position. HOWEVER, I don't think he is the best centre back in the league. Maybe in time he will be but he still has several things wrong with his game but that's not me saying he's s**te, it's the reason he is with us.