Ross County match thread

DuncanEwart

What a game!

Chick Young mentioned us booing after RC went 2-1 up. Yeah, we did. Mainly because we had seen that movie far too many times over the last couple of seasons. At that point, County were strolling through us time and again. We offered no defence whatsoever. They should have scored more.

But Clark can take full credit for changing it. Dicker and Ajer were solid in defence and both were able to bring the ball forward to create. Full marks to young Wilson for taking control of the midfield and dropping back into defence when needed. Can't remember him wasting a ball. 

Great team performance, great mentality to get the win from being a total shambles at 2-1.

First half hour was horrific early goal aside. Osborne got booked for the ball hitting his hand but IMO was lucky to stay on the park for wiping out Dow at a high ball. The ref was right in front of the east stand and it was clear he told him next foul and your off. That turned out to be a blessing in disguise him getting subbed and he sure as hell wasnt injured.

We got back in the game after that. And we're pushing for the equaliser before half time. Whatever was said at the break worked. We stopped the hoof ball and played through the midfield. Smith and Longstaff were pretty anonymous first half but made an impression in the second as they were being utilised properly. Jones introduction turned it completely. Their LB was doing well against Roberts trying to be tricky. Jones just ran at him and he couldn't deal with the pace. 

Thought Dicker was outstanding especially as an attacking CB. Thoroughly deserved his goal as well. Ajer was superb at CB. Great in the air, comfortable on the ball, always looking to use the ball. 

Wilson was good in CM. very frustrating with some of his sideways/backwards passing but he kept possession and rarely wasted it. He was combative and protected the back four well especially with his cover play when one of the CBs went on a run.

IMO Boyd had a very good game up front. A goal and an assist is a decent return. He forced two cracking saves from their keeper and ran till he couldn't anymore. We can't ask for much more than that. The bonus today was we were looking to play to his strengths. Players got close to him. Aside from that first half hour it wasn't pointless hoofs and the quality of ball into the box was better. 

8 minutes ago, jamiekfc said:

He did absolutely nothing for the other 80 minutes 49.6 seconds....

he chased, harried, won heads occupied defenders, his ratio to headers/headers won must be huge, he always finds space or the man with his knock downs, and when he takes on the chest or with his feet holding while holding off a defender, he composes himself and 9/10 finds a man or a run to play in. Oh and he had a shot that was deflect and/or saved well.  

Not to mention his winning desire, players listen to him and he is always shouting encouraging or pulling players up for lack of effort or making a poor decison. 

Apart from that he done nothing for the other 80 minutes 49.6 seconds. ya fud 

Wilson coming on for the abysmal osbourne won that match, if he'd stayed on, it would have been a 4 goal humping, struggling to think of a worse defender, and I've seen a few. rentagob was a vast improvement from Tyson too. hopefully clark will have more faith in our own youth players during the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, grantyboy said:

This might shut up all the negative p*sh coming from people on this site that dont even go to the games. mon the killie !!!!!!

Do you need to go to games to post on this forum and give an opinion? If I miss a game does that mean I need to wait for my next attendance to post?

5 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Do you need to go to games to post on this forum and give an opinion? If I miss a game does that mean I need to wait for my next attendance to post?

3 goals in 10 games, don't mention it though, you're not allowed an opinion 

If everyone could just send a picture of themselves at the game, pending grantys approval you will be allowed to post on the forum, otherwise you don't matter

Edited by Killie lad

Didn't expect that today but delighted with a win. Thought we were probably the better team but not much in it. There was a very negative atmosphere in the first half, which although understandable didn't help. 

Big Ajer was outstanding and thought Dicker also played well. Would love to see us sign a quality striker and midfielder and go in to the rest of the season with some positivity. 

6 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Im just saying, coming back from the game when your team has done amazing then jumping on this site to see what people are saying and the first couple pages are guys putting the team down when they aint even at the game.  When the rest of us are there having a great time and watching the mighty killie get a great win. To be fair most of the stuff on here is anti-killie so it aint just you. 

22 minutes ago, piffer said:

Wilson was good in CM. very frustrating with some of his sideways/backwards passing but he kept possession and rarely wasted it. He was combative and protected the back four well especially with his cover play when one of the CBs went on a run.

The new Mavis? Sounds like exactly what we need, and chuffed for Boyd today, he gets a lot of unfair criticism but never hides

I thought the fans who were booing when Wilson passed back were actually booing the rest of the team for not making themselves available for him.

Surely they wouldn't be booing a Killie youngster for something he had no choice in?

All too often we've seen players who in that situation would have lumped the ball up the park, squandering possession.

I'm confident the boos were for the rest of the team standing like statues.

Not sure ud agree. I thought some of the booing was appalling. Ian wilson in around his 5th game (guess) , one of our promising youths and gets booed for keeping possession. Watched him a lot in devpt squad and imo he has a promising future. Also after ross c's second goal. Glad the team didn't admit defeat like some of the crowd.

1 hour ago, jamiekfc said:

He did absolutely nothing for the other 80 minutes 49.6 seconds....

Utter nonsense.....he ran himself done! Had some good flick ons in the air and good at bringing others into it. Not what he used to be for sure but 'nothing', come on....

Edited by Loudoun Killie
Spelling

3 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Osbourne is getting some unfair stick for being poor.

He was clearly County's best attacking option. 

He certainly had a bad spell but getting a whack on the head and a yellow card didn't help. His confidence looked shot but booing him wasn't going to help. Likewise booing Woodman, for what, not being Jamie MacDonald ? Boo the manager it was his decision. Noticeable that Woodman was throwing the ball out more than MacDonald ever does, for some reason MacDonald threatens to throw out but normally just boots it up the park. 

The ref seemed to let County away with a lot of niggly fouls and then punished us for similar offences. Though we could have had a penalty when McKenzie (?) was pulled down in the box. Our successes seem to come when we play a high tempo game giving the opposition less time on the ball, no idea why we don't do that in every game.