Season Ticket Renewal.

Charlie's Dad

In two minds about this. I'll renew whatever league we are in, and that is a really good deal. But who knows what changes we will see before now and the end of the season if we are to go down. You sort of lose your right to complain about how things go from now on if you sign up for a ticket now on blind faith. Hmm...

Expecting customers to pay up front for a product that has not yet been created is bonkers and the marketing theories behind it beggers belief.

Can I invite you all to pay me now for a concert I will present for you in August but I don't know who will be appearing.  Rest assured you will be paying less than the prices to be paid by those fans who actually want to know who is performing first ---------------------------- but that is their loss I suppose!!!!!!!!.  The team of directors behind this production is well known for its general incompetence but don't let that bother you.  The performers are likely to be of a reasonable standard but if things go against us a number of amateurs could be appearing when they finish their full time jobs on the day.  Refreshments on offer will be provided by caterers we've no previous experience of but the valued quality of the nourishing pies you may have enjoyed in the past will definitely not be on offer. We've got too many seats in the venue so you can certainly look forward to stretching out a bit and if the music doesn't meet your expectations it will be possible to lie down and sleep across 3 or 4 seats if you wish --------- so undoubted value for money on that score.  The production team haven't yet submitted their accounts to HMRC so there could be problems financially for us but the ghost chairman assures me that there is nothing to worry about on that point so I'm taking his word for it as he has a record of unstinting loyalty to us all so far !!!!! 

Roll up Roll up but cash only please as I don't have a proper bank account since I screwed the Bank of Scotland a couple of years ago.. Don't miss out now!

Just received my letter and noted that there are no mentions of any offers regarding under 16 season tickets, in fact any time the club have written to me it's my season ticket they want renewed, not my three kids and my nephew that I also bring to the game, so clearly the club aren't too concerned about securing the support of the future generation - only on getting some cashflow for tomorrow.

Ironically enough, I went to the club website to renew as invited, only to find it hasn't been updated........
Amateurish & embarrassing attempt at marketing - I've seen vagrants on Buchanan Street with better conceived pitches than that.

I don't know what division I'll be watching or what pie I'll be eating - How many fresh starts does this board need?

Just got the E Mail from the club re ST renewal............minimalistic approach would be an understatement to describe how it's been worded and marketed..........least the Chairman promises us excitement!

"Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you for an exciting new 2016/17 season."

Another example of our custodians treating us as fools the only positive from my letter is that at least we know Jim Mann hasn't disappeared  let's hope he starts to act like a proper chairman and  deliver us some answers like when will the agm take place.

Really could not believe this when it arrived today, I've always bought a season ticket with an ever diminishing group of friends. This is just about the last straw for me in terms of arrogance towards your customer base, it is just surreal that anyone thinks this is the way to approach season ticket sales this year.

9 hours ago, Bbk said:

Another example of our custodians treating us as fools the only positive from my letter is that at least we know Jim Mann hasn't disappeared  let's hope he starts to act like a proper chairman and  deliver us some answers like when will the agm take place.

Sorry I've met Jim Mann or had dealings with him a couple of times and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. However his name on the bottom of a letter means nothing. He probably doesn't even know these letters have been sent out. He promised a lot in the beginning(and I'm sure meant every word)however he's delivered very little and has been sidelined by M.J.and Bowie. I'm sure he'd never have taken the job on if he'd known the way the club was being run.

2 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Sorry I've met Jim Mann or had dealings with him a couple of times and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. However his name on the bottom of a letter means nothing. He probably doesn't even know these letters have been sent out. He promised a lot in the beginning(and I'm sure meant every word)however he's delivered very little and has been sidelined by M.J.and Bowie. I'm sure he'd never have taken the job on if he'd known the way the club was being run.

More fool him then, more money than sense springs to mind.

Still can't believe how gullible a group of guys who are a success in their working lives were to part with 6 figures each to prop MJ up.

At least Bowie got half a hotel.

Currently the 2016/17 season ticket renewal is only available for current season ticket holders who bought an adult only ticket before 17 May 2015.
If you are a Season Ticket holder please login using the links provided.

Before 17 May 2015 ? 

Most people, including me, bought them on the 17th because it was only after the Thistle game on the 16th that we were guaranteed to be in the Premiership.

2 hours ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Nobody is debating whether Jim Mann is a nice guy.

As you have identified, he has delivered on very few (if any) of his targets.

And if, as you say, he took on the job without investigating the running of the club, it defies belief that he carved out a successful career in a company like TUI.  

I've also received the letter, nice piece of white A4, Kilmarnock watermark, some text asking me to renew and offering me £50 off if I purchase before April 22nd and Jim Mann's signature at the bottom. 

Compared to other renewal packs sent out in the past it smacks of no effort and very little inspiration to renew given the season we have just had.

I'm not expecting them to blow a fortune that they don't have on fancy renewal letters but at least try and sell the product to the fans considering they are looking for us to part with £280 before the end of this season whilst we are still deep in relegation/playoff trouble.  

Agree VTH I expected a rallying call to renew to support the new manager and rebuild to ensure a season like the one we are just in does not occur again but no we get you better renew to save £50.00. Very uninspiring letter. After what I have endured this season caused by mismanagement on the park and off it to actually act to address the slide before xmas and at any point actually engage with us fans at a time that is critical for our club I'm afraid blind faith and head in the sand is not enough for many anymore.  This is separate to the whole potentially distasteful hotel MJ and BB activities.

Personally I have never been so turned off from football as I am now although I am not yet past caring but its coming after 20 years plus being a ST holder.

Looking at the issues this week .....seemed the club or whoever made the strange decision ......original idea was to contact only those Adults who had only bought a single adult ticket with this early bird £280 in the hope some would part with cash in next 2 weeks ..........thinking other supporters would just wait in silence to see what the full package was eventually on offer in other areas ......and not feel aggrieved that they were excluded 

but something went wrong either with their database or way they logged adult/ child tickets previously and letters have gone out to many fans who took up the free child offer ..........which has caused obvious confusion and the club are probably realising too late their errors .........

I might be being completely stupid here, but I've received no email or letter.

When I go on the web it says I'm not eligible because I didn't take an adult only offer last year (I took the early offer and got two U16 tickets).

Am I actually being penalised because I took my kids last year?  Will I still be able to get an early discount?

I must have this completely wrong as its too insane to be true.

Edited by PaulMcQ

I took up the early offer with free U16 tickets last year and have just renewed again. When I renewed it listed the kids tickets too but only charged me for the two adult tickets. I suggest calling them and ask to be added to whatever database they are using.

10 minutes ago, mirras said:

I took up the early offer with free U16 tickets last year and have just renewed again. When I renewed it listed the kids tickets too but only charged me for the two adult tickets. I suggest calling them and ask to be added to whatever database they are using.

The definition of turnstile fodder. Blindly buy a season ticket despite the fact the guys selling them are ripping our club apart. This is why we cannot win.

5 hours ago, daviefaekillie said:

The definition of turnstile fodder. Blindly buy a season ticket despite the fact the guys selling them are ripping our club apart. This is why we cannot win.

So what do you suggest ? Pay £100 more in 2 weeks time ? Pay at the gate and pay even more ? Or just not go back which was something I seriously considered.