Planning Permission for Hospitality Box

Delsteel

When he took over, this is what Jim Mann said:

“The problem I’m trying to fix is, in order to invest in the team that way, I’ve got to find a way of bringing more money in.

“Of course, I’m absolutely of the view that the quality on the park will bring more people back to watch the games and that will bring more money in but how do I invest in the team to get the best on the park?

“That’s the problem the board has to try and solve, how do we get investment and how do we become attractive again to the local paying public?”

Is there any evidence, on any front, of the club having made an effort to increase turnover? Maybe he should resort to the "Give us your effing money" tactic, after all!

The past year has been a complete and utter clusterf**k: Locke and Sykes gone, most of Locke's signings flopping, The Killie Way a joke, "scaring visiting teams to death"? Treating them to a goal-fest, more like.

As piffer says, they need to work on attracting punters - corporate and otherwise - before building what may be another white elephant.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, Delsteel said:

I see the club have applied for planning permission to build a hospitality box at the rear of the main stand near the park suite end.

Seems a bit strange given the comments about how poorly the hospitality has been used over the last season or two. 

Click Here

Well...that sucks. Looks I'll lose my seat under these proposals.

Having experience the hospitality boxes at other grounds such as East End Park it is a significant improvement on the Park Suite followed by a cold seat in the stand, it would certainly make me more likely to consider it. We only know of the panning application not the financials. For all we know they may have a sponsorship deal where it costs the club nothing to build it. Servicing it is a different matter and I would expect, given recent developments, that the catering would go out to tender for the best/most profitable deal. That all sounds to much like common sense to be true though, I may need to lie down for a while.

24 minutes ago, CardinalSpin said:

Having experience the hospitality boxes at other grounds such as East End Park it is a significant improvement on the Park Suite followed by a cold seat in the stand, it would certainly make me more likely to consider it. We only know of the panning application not the financials. For all we know they may have a sponsorship deal where it costs the club nothing to build it. Servicing it is a different matter and I would expect, given recent developments, that the catering would go out to tender for the best/most profitable deal. That all sounds to much like common sense to be true though, I may need to lie down for a while.

Would make me less likely to go, f**k watching a game behind glass.

You'd be aswell watching it downstairs on a TV.

Agree will Humper, one of the benefits in my opinion of RP hospitality was enjoying the proper match atmos.

Never fancied watching a game from behind glass seems pointless to me.

Do the bigger clubs not have boxes with outside seating for exactly this reason.

sitting out in the cold is not a negative for me, if it  is why are are you at a football match.

11 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I would have installed such boxes on the top tier of The Moffat, we could still fill the bottom sections with Killie fans once we start winning again.

As mentioned this is only at the Planning stage, nothing set in stone here.

I think that would be the most logical place to put something like that. They wouldn't want to lose a couple of hundred seats they could sell to Old Firm fans though.