Planning Permission for Hospitality Box

Delsteel

FM- The lack of astuteness from some "successful" business people surprises me every day. Developing their own agenda and ego is of no surprise.

would love to see the Value Added Profit contribution this will make to Kilmarnock FC - what the capital cost is and how long it will take to generate a +ve income

14 hours ago, CB said:

Actually. No. But thanks for the attitude.

Long story short. I spent a morning in November 2013 armed with hospital notes & a measuring tape in the east & Frank Beattie stands, looking for a new seat. The one I found, is the one I currently use. And was the only one that met the requirements in my notes.

While I understand this would be frustrating, why not contact the SLO and mention this - if it's a legroom issue they may be willing to adapt another seat for you by removing the seat in front or the like.  If it's a no, fair enough, you've caused to be annoyed, but why not give them the opportunity first?  (Said with the caveat that you may already have done so!).

PROS

nice comfy seat for Me

I won't pay a penny for it

nae wind

nae rain

wee turn for The Park if it's a big game

Killie fans can't call me a cant (well they can but I wont hear them)

CONS

will have to walk past pesky Killie fans to get to nice comfy seat.

15 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Board gets slated for not trying to bring more income into the club. Board looks at a possible idea to bring more income into the club and gets slated. Life as a Killie fan eh? 

A very simplistic view taken from an isolated viewpoint.  They are getting slated as they seem to have their priorities all wrong.  Getting as many folks through the turnstiles is critical to helping keep.us in the league, not this which may be needed but... the product on the park should be prioritised to do likewise.

33 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Board gets slated for not trying to bring more income into the club. Board looks at a possible idea to bring more income into the club and gets slated. Life as a Killie fan eh? 

Aye OK, let's concentrate in bringing in the "prawn sandwich" brigade and continue to ignore grass routes potential Killie fans.

Other than the price of the ticket, I suspect that ALL of the additional profit will be owned by the Park Hotel.

This board are not interested in increasing regular attendances.  If they were, they would have listened to many great ideas from the Trust, KFCSA & others and implemented them.

Many fans have as much faith in the Board as we have in David Cameron closing down UK controlled tax havens - NONE!

Edited by Dennykillie

Do you suspect that ALL the profit from the Chairmans club, the Premier club, the Executive, club, the 97 club and the Park Suite go to the hotel as well? Probably not, but let's start a rumour anyway  that will be blatantly not true. do me a favour. 

10 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Do you suspect that ALL the profit from the Chairmans club, the Premier club, the Executive, club, the 97 club and the Park Suite go to the hotel as well? Probably not, but let's start a rumour anyway  that will be blatantly not true. do me a favour. 

I don't know.

Maybe if I did, I would be I a better position to make a judgement. Transparency, it's called; something that appears to be foreign to our Board.

So, if you know, please tell me how the income from the things you mention are divided.

My problem is that there are certain Board members that I wouldn't believe, even if the told me that the Pope was a Catholic!

14 minutes ago, Dennykillie said:

I don't know.

Maybe if I did, I would be I a better position to make a judgement. Transparency, it's called; something that appears to be foreign to our Board.

So, if you know, please tell me how the income from the things you mention are divided.

My problem is that there are certain Board members that I wouldn't believe, even if the told me that the Pope was a Catholic!

So you don't know how much the hotel or club receives from the hospitality suites, which is fine because I don't know either. So why do you suspect all the profit from this potential new suite will go to the hotel?

jim mann sat in front of  a room full of killie fans and stated the following (not word for word) 

sports bar and hospitality buy all there products from hotel at marked up price not cost 

hotel provide staff for sports bat and hospitality  

if sports bar and hospitality make a loss hotel gets no further revenue, if the hotel and sports bar make a profit hotel gets % of profit 

so bearing in mind that the club pay no wages so the profit calculator would be fairly simple (sale of goods - cost of goods = xx) then (xx - small overheads lighting, licensing etc = PROFIT)

hotel is screwing the club twice here, inflated wholesale prices firstly, then coming along after that and taking a chunk of the profit. 

for the club to now build a room specifically to increase hospitality without letting fans know this deal is over shows only that the club is doing what the hotel wants, to line the hotel pockets further with club money paying for the build. 

I despise johnston and bowie for what they are doing to our club.

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

Not all it but a damn sight more goes to the hotel than goes to the club and the contract is weighted massively in favour of the hotel. 

That's not a rumour, that's fact. So do me a favour and pipe down. 

57 minutes ago, CBFC said:

So you don't know how much the hotel or club receives from the hospitality suites, which is fine because I don't know either. So why do you suspect all the profit from this potential new suite will go to the hotel?

I heard it straight from the chairmans mouth how the servicing deal with hotel works and it favours the hotel massively. 

I was also told the Park Suite LOST money when it was sold out for the St Mirren game last season. Figure that one out. 

Mann also told us they regularly lost money in executive club /Chairmans club due to  the nature of the deal with the hotel. 

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not all it but a damn sight more goes to the hotel than goes to the club and the contract is weighted massively in favour of the hotel. 

That's not a rumour, that's fact. So do me a favour and pipe down. 

Sq, you know me. I try to be more realistic than pessimistic or optimistic.  I do get to hear more than most and I get a bit frustrated when some in here post what is blatantly made up lies.   The club gets a fair deal from the hotel, not at. Mates rates I agree, but it is not as bad as some folk on here are suggesting.

as I said above major surgery is needed at the club and until that happens there are always going to get rumours,  speculation and unfortunately lies told about the club.