Dundee (A) fred

CB

• CB unpinned this topic

Good point away from home. Jim Spence made it sound as though our goalie had a few good saves. I wasn't impressed with Dundee when I saw them at Rugby Park, and after going one up again I thought that like then we would go on and score again and win. I was very confident to-day (which isn't really like me) and a point's a point. I wonder if there will be any highlights shown on Sportscene to-night or to-morrow or will our game get forgotten because of the Cup?

For me , that was one of our better team displays this season.....we had a lot of good possession, kept the ball better and passed it around well......only thing lacking at times was the final cross or pass  But for losing that soft goal or Sammon taking that glaring chance we would have got the 3 points which IMO would been well deserved.

the team recently look a lot more resilient and are at least trying to play better football.......mostly originating from usually  Dicker at the back....was good to see Jones having one of his better games for us too...even after some heavy tackles ..if only he could improve that final ball.

Edited by Scouser2

Really confusing one today. I've hardly seen us at all this season but I faired enjoyed our play for 25mins! Was a shame for the keeper, but I wouldn't put the goal down to purely his error. There was general confusion when the ball came over. He was very suspect though with a couple of crosses in the second half. I'm sure it doesn't help tho when you've got a crowd of boys singing for Jamie MacDonald every two minutes. 

We had some excellent periods of calm possesion. But what was Connor thinking with that chance about 5 yards out, had loads of time and chose to head it down rather than leather it into the goal. Perspective from the behind the goal might've been playing tricks on me but it looked easier to score than do whatever it was he ended up doing. He was ok, but never a consistent goal threat which sums him up generally as a footballer I guess. Thought Dicker, Taylor, Ajer were good and it's the best I've seen Jones play. Rory was Rory, some highlights, some errors. Addison- I'm surprised by the comment above, I thought he looked very nervous around the ball and not at all comfortable when he came on. Perhaps just needs time to get back into it after injury. 

Shame we didn't win, we were well on top until they scored and if it was a tactical change, then credit to Hartley cos the game totally turned and become much more even. 

Edited by fmcc
Woeful spelling

13 minutes ago, piffer said:

Did we play a 4-4-2 as the club graphic suggested? 

Sammon started off in " the hole" behind Boyd......think idea was for him to push forward when we had the ball then droppoff to assist at other times ......Wilson and Longstaff central midfield partnership looked promising till the injury and Wilson was moved to RB

Kilmarnock manager Lee Clark: "It was frustrating, very similar to the game last week. I thought we were the dominant team, they had a spell for 10 minutes before half time.

"We are disappointed that we haven't taken three points once again but our level of performance is really high at the moment. We're playing some really good football. Players are playing with a lot of confidence, they are young and what they need to do is try to change these draws into wins. "We could probably have done with eight more point from our performances but it's about winning as well, it's not just about playing good football.

"Unfortunately it hasn't happened but it gives me a lot of belief and encouragement that we can kick on for the rest of the season. We want the players to keep on doing what they are doing. Can we be more ruthless in the final third, I think if there's a slight criticism we go in the right positions without picking out the right type of ball.

"They are really young, we've got some terrific experienced players in their helping them. That's us four unbeaten in the league now so it means we go into a really tough game next Sunday (against Aberdeen) with lots of confidence. "It's a positive thing (being in the top six), it's good for the players but it's so tight and that can flip on its head by the time we play next. There's not much to call between the teams so you just have to be consistent in the level of performance and hope that the results follow."

5 hours ago, MJout said:

I think we would all of taken our current league position at this stage of season back at the start of the season. I'm sure some numpty will still be saying sack the manager because we didn't win. 

Agreed.  Unfortunately the number of such numpties will comfortably exceed one !!!!!    It's time to get behind the team and recognise that Lee Clark is a young enthusiastic manager who is turning things around against a horrific backdrop including the presence of that deadbeat Johnston. There is no point in fans adding to the downside by constant moaning. we are in the top six at the moment and the numpties must be getting the message that things are indeed improving.

Sammon header hit a Dundee player before coming back to him where his shot is saved by the keeper. 

https://uk.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2FpiwGTqrGaqzraSMQyjdwffh9iPTvErITN9Tjz081j3w%3D%3D&bit=1

change the box in the top left to any other place than the uk. 

Edited by Killiepie