Aberdeen game did the KFCSA decide on any protest ?

Wrangodog

15 hours ago, troonkilliefan said:

Interesting to read all the comments and views on this thread.

The KFCSA Committee discussed the "turn your back for one minute" idea along with some others at their meeting last week as a consequence of the Club Board ignoring the petition and,effectively, turning their backs on 3000 signatories.

It is hoped that for just one minute in one game fans will show some solidarity and take part in the 18th minute on Sunday.

Will the simple action make any difference? Perhaps not but it may help.

Apathy is easy; surely to do nothing should  not really be an option?

It is the Board which has not issued a response in two months - not just one man.

Rainbow Ink have been in touch and  kindly offered to print at least 1000 explanatory leaflets for free - a great gesture - and those can be given out before the game.

We already have a number of volunteers willing to help give out the leaflets but some more are needed -if you can help PLEASE message me.

As fans can we not pull together for one minute in one game to show the Board we will not be ignored?

On another matter, thanks to more 260 supporters who have completed the on line survey within 24 hours of it going "on line " ! 

The committee of KFCSA made the decision on the form that Sunday's protest should take. Could I ask what steps the committee took to gauge the feeling of supporters prior to making that decision ?  I realise that it is impossible to canvas all supporters but through the comments in this thread there appears to be dissatisfaction with the softly-softly approach which has achieved little.

Just picked up on this turning our back at Sundays game. 

With the cameras in the East Stand, action taking place in the Frank Beattie stand is all that will be on view.

Its the board we want to embarrass, so a better tactic would be for everyone in the Frank Beattie stand to FACE the directors box and unite in the WE WANT JOHNSTON OUT chant for 60 seconds. Additional back up vocals from East Stand would add volume.

The coward won't be there anyhow but it might strike home to the two current caretakers of our football club.

6 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Yes it should there is more this than meets the eye. Something has happened behind the scenes. We all know he wanted back down south something has clearly happened to make it happen . Am not convinced it was just not purely down to him alone. 

On the contrary, it looks straightforward to me.

Bury haven't had a manager since November and had appointed a caretaker until the end of the season. For some reason, they have taken a shine to Clark and come in for him now.

The only surprise is the alacrity with which he has jumped at the chance. But without the intervention of Bury I think it would have been Business As Usual.  

9 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Yes it should there is more this than meets the eye. Something has happened behind the scenes. We all know he wanted back down south something has clearly happened to make it happen . Am not convinced it was just not purely down to him alone. 

He specifically said in his interview that he was "reluctantly" going.

20 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Does fact MJ was on hand and did all the interviews today confirm that he is still the one who calls the shots at RP and is Chairman in all but an official name?

How many other club "secretary's " would do media work for the club 

Was there ever a doubt? The whole board are now culpable in the demise of our club.

On 14/02/2017 at 6:24 PM, darth lord said:

ffs its not rocket science 

dont attend its that easy 

go to the pub get a few pints and watch game on tv all media would talk about is how and why no one there

i bought ma ticket and im going attitude keeps mj in place and if you keep attending you are personally responsible for keeping him there

and if your really really brave go to the ground and vent your feelings at the board in the hotel ,outside ground or in the streets  

dont go in 

The media currently think we boycott every home game !!!

The narrow focus on MJ as the perpetrator of all our ills , whether accurate or not , is one reason why the media only pay lip service to any planned protests . MJ as the vilified party has been done to death.

Media outlets want new stories and the MJ angle is old hat and let's be honest the efforts so far have resulted in nothing more than other fans derision at him and more worryingly at our club ,and him remaining on the board 

Fake news is all the rage 

implications of impropriety at boardroom level ? Double book keeping at the hotel? Dodgy land deals ? Misuse of club funds and equipment ? 

All 3 members of the board should be targeted why just MJ  who we know to have skin thicker than an A*r fans benefit book ?

Lets see if the other 2 have the stomach for it 

Not been on forums for a wee while.

probably to late to arrange for this weekend,

how about MJ t shirt ( full name so no mistaking on front, and some items from the naughty list on the back.  (( Copyright monty1998 just in case ))).  with pig mask waving wads of in our case fake cash , in frank Beattie stand in front of directors box. Probably around 20 folk enough to make it visible. 

Gets media attention, live tv, and total brass neck the leech.

12 hours ago, zinger said:

Just picked up on this turning our back at Sundays game. 

With the cameras in the East Stand, action taking place in the Frank Beattie stand is all that will be on view.

Its the board we want to embarrass, so a better tactic would be for everyone in the Frank Beattie stand to FACE the directors box and unite in the WE WANT JOHNSTON OUT chant for 60 seconds. Additional back up vocals from East Stand would add volume.

The coward won't be there anyhow but it might strike home to the two current caretakers of our football club.

The cameras will also pick up all those who choose not to turn and protest, allowing more MJ media-spin about 'divided support' 'small minority' etc

1 hour ago, Mister Y said:

The cameras will also pick up all those who choose not to turn and protest, allowing more MJ media-spin about 'divided support' 'small minority' etc

Totally agree with this. I'm in the Frank Beattie stand along from the Directors box. Where I am I'm pretty sure from previous attempts that about half the support near me won't take part. They don't get involved in yellow and blue scarves(I've had dirty looks/comments in the past when wearing one) and don't get involved in any anti-MJ chants. 

3 hours ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Totally agree with this. I'm in the Frank Beattie stand along from the Directors box. Where I am I'm pretty sure from previous attempts that about half the support near me won't take part. They don't get involved in yellow and blue scarves(I've had dirty looks/comments in the past when wearing one) and don't get involved in any anti-MJ chants. 

I thought this too but if you start chanting others will join in. 

Edited by PrestersKtid

10 hours ago, Monty1998 said:

Not been on forums for a wee while.

probably to late to arrange for this weekend,

how about MJ t shirt ( full name so no mistaking on front, and some items from the naughty list on the back.  (( Copyright monty1998 just in case ))).  with pig mask waving wads of in our case fake cash , in frank Beattie stand in front of directors box. Probably around 20 folk enough to make it visible. 

Gets media attention, live tv, and total brass neck the leech.

Love this. Brilliant.

Monty, if you can get folk to do this I ken a man who can get the t-shirts, masks and fake cash.

Will it get rid of him? No.

Will it give him a riddy, aye!

5 hours ago, bigkillieman said:

Love this. Brilliant.

Monty, if you can get folk to do this I ken a man who can get the t-shirts, masks and fake cash.

Will it get rid of him? No.

Will it give him a riddy, aye!

Daft as it may seem, this is exactly the kind of approach which is needed. You are not going to get everyone to join in the protests, so think out of the box a bit and do things which do not need everyone to participate. Do something which is within the law, but newsworthy and will make people take notice, whether they agree or not. There is no chance of a protest's potential 'failure' if you don't leave any room for it. Think of the fans' protests which have made the news, ones by clubs that you previously paid no attention to, you remember them why? There is no need to copy what they do, but it makes sense to take the same approach and come up with something unique and individual to us which is not only perfectly achievable, but will highlight the cause and catch the media's attention. It's something I'd like to put time into myself but I am totally swamped with Trust and website stuff at the moment...and yes I do appreciate that if we don't solve this problem that there might be no club, Trust or website, but these things don't do themselves and I'm happy to chip in when the time comes.

It's a good way for KFCSA to get out of a dumb idea for a protest. I don't see why a one minute protest detracts from fans getting behind the team. McCulloch, Leven, and the players know exactly who the protests are aimed at.

The young guys at the Hamilton game had it completely right, they got behind the players and the manager, and still managed to have a go at Johnston.

Why don't you all walk in backwards; wear your scarfs upside down;

your underpants over your trousers; buy a refreshment but don't 

drink it; sit down an watch the match with your eyes shut; play

pass the parcel at half time and sing Paper Roses in French?

I feel sure this would be a statement no-one could possibly ignore! 

3 minutes ago, Candygram for mongo said:

Why don't you all walk in backwards; wear your scarfs upside down;

your underpants over your trousers; buy a refreshment but don't 

drink it; sit down an watch the match with your eyes shut; play

pass the parcel at half time and sing Paper Roses in French?

I feel sure this would be a statement no-one could possibly ignore! 

Why don't you do it then