Time to act?

Big Tam

Easy for me to say I know as I'm not even in the country any more, but going on previous years issues is the time to act on Johnston not now instead of waiting until season tickets are sold and then saying it's too late? I say act, I mean do nothing. Keep backing the team all the way now but post intention of not buying STs unless he steps down from the board during the summer. It all very good seeing people write that they will buy season tickets no matter what division we are in, but that's to be expected of fans, no? We need to do the brave and unexpected thing for the long term gain of the club. Pool the cash, hold it in escrow until MJ vacates, fans solve the problem that the board are clearly s**t scared to deal with. In fact they'd probably thank us for it. Start next year in whatever division with a clean slate, this in my eyes would be a better way of supporting the club than blindly buying a ST and then having another year of the exact same problems, unless you too believe that The Rangers are going to save us all.

9 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Easy for me to say I know as I'm not even in the country any more, but going on previous years issues is the time to act on Johnston not now instead of waiting until season tickets are sold and then saying it's too late? I say act, I mean do nothing. Keep backing the team all the way now but post intention of not buying STs unless he steps down from the board during the summer. It all very good seeing people write that they will buy season tickets no matter what division we are in, but that's to be expected of fans, no? We need to do the brave and unexpected thing for the long term gain of the club. Pool the cash, hold it in escrow until MJ vacates, fans solve the problem that the board are clearly s**t scared to deal with. In fact they'd probably thank us for it. Start next year in whatever division with a clean slate, this in my eyes would be a better way of supporting the club than blindly buying a ST and then having another year of the exact same problems, unless you too believe that The Rangers are going to save us all.

100% agree.

Nothing will happen,that is the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in.
We had a chance and not enough people could be bothered, or didn't think there was a problem. Mj will stay until someone offers him his asking price for his shares,and that is not going to happen.

32 minutes ago, findis said:

Nothing will happen,that is the unfortunate situation we find ourselves in.
We had a chance and not enough people could be bothered, or didn't think there was a problem. Mj will stay until someone offers him his asking price for his shares,and that is not going to happen.

This is how i'm feeling.

Had our chance and blew it. We're stuck with him. 

35 minutes ago, Big Tam said:

Never say never, are we Killie surrender monkeys now? No wonder it's so easy for him if we just accept what seems inevitable and roll over and die. What do you need to do? Nothing. Surely that's not too much of a stretch?

What you gonna do?

As you said, easy for you to say when you sat on your arse across the pond 4 years ago when we put in the hard work.

People have been trying to bring about change for years; often at great expense to their reputations and their bank balances. Most of them are tired of the fight, and most of them don't want to say "I told you so", but we've reached this point because the vocal minority kept banging on about them not being "real fans" or of having agendas. Yes there was an agenda. It was to save the club from parasites. Too late now, they're just picking over what's left of the bones. 

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

People have been trying to bring about change for years; often at great expense to their reputations and their bank balances. Most of them are tired of the fight, and most of them don't want to say "I told you so", but we've reached this point because the vocal minority kept banging on about them not being "real fans" or of having agendas. Yes there was an agenda. It was to save the club from parasites. Too late now, they're just picking over what's left of the bones. 

Sadly this is very true.

26 minutes ago, Zorro said:

It hurts to agree with this and with your previous statement that we should just enjoy the little time we have left but that's where we are. The ship has sailed. The fight was fought feebly and MJ won. We are done, it's when not if now.

9 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

When Shiels went most had bought their tickets.

Last year people could buy them knowing we were safe having beaten Partick.

This could be the time to show the board we are unhappy by withholding our 2016-17 season ticket money.

He'd just spin a story saying fans weren't buying due to relegation.

12 minutes ago, a1killiefan said:

When Shiels went most had bought their tickets.

Last year people could buy them knowing we were safe having beaten Partick.

This could be the time to show the board we are unhappy by withholding our 2016-17 season ticket money.

They're not really fussy if you buy your season tickets anymore. Sure they'll string this along as long as there's a profit in it for them. After that they'll go into the property developer game.

Hopefully a real Killie fan(s) will pick up the name and history of the club relatively cheap, but it won't come with a home or premier league status attached. 

I think the big problem is that MJ cant sell shares without having to pay large chunk to bank because of the deal they made to clear debt

so he has to wait 5 years or summin or anybody buying would have to offset his losses cos he is boner.

Not sure where I got that from but I thought it was common knowledge. It would be good if we could force him to be a silent partner at least

through action but he's already meant to be away but gets himself up front and centre whenever anything happens and he can get some limelight.

2 hours ago, Big Tam said:

Never say never, are we Killie surrender monkeys now? No wonder it's so easy for him if we just accept what seems inevitable and roll over and die. What do you need to do? Nothing. Surely that's not too much of a stretch?

I'm with Big Tam in this. A last roll of the dice? Maybe! But it's surely worth a try.

Social media could be a powerful tool here, publicising it on facebook, twitter etc. Imagine no season tickets sales by the end of June...don't let them kid you, they would be cacking themselves! And the media would love it...they already know how hated the man is. At the very very least it would bring him discomfort and that's a good start in my opinion!

Seems like MJ is more desperate for cash this year than ever. Takings this season have been modest to be generous.

MJ can say what he likes about being OK with both Infirm teams in the league but the ugly reality is if you have a s**t product your takings will suffer. This is a lesson that has never really got through to MJ. His only objective has been to avoid the drop.

Perhaps this is indeed the moment to squeeze until the pips squeak. Then again he has all that playnoff money to look forward to.

8 hours ago, Big Tam said:

Tam before I stopped going I did take part in any demonstrations against MJ.

when I was handing out the red cards I had a couple thrown at my feet and a couple torn up in front of me, probably another half a dozen guys remonstrating about how wrong we were doing this and basically sticking up for MJ and the board. ''doing their best in the face of adversity etc etc''

almost all were older guys, 60-70 and older. my Dad was of the same view actually, didn't seem to care how much MJ lined his own pockets and made deals to benefit himself as long as he had a fitba game to go to every Saturday it didn't matter what went on behind the scenes as it wasn't his business.

couple that to the fact that MJ has made his position untouchable by carefully choosing his investors and putting himself in a position where he can blame the fans for protesting/not attending for Kilmarnocks downfall and I'm sorry to say if it was a game of chess it's check-mate.

I hope you can convince me or others otherwise.

7 minutes ago, bKb said:

Tam before I stopped going I did take part in any demonstrations against MJ.

when I was handing out the red cards I had a couple thrown at my feet and a couple torn up in front of me, probably another half a dozen guys remonstrating about how wrong we were doing this and basically sticking up for MJ and the board. ''doing their best in the face of adversity etc etc''

almost all were older guys, 60-70 and older. my Dad was of the same view actually, didn't seem to care how much MJ lined his own pockets and made deals to benefit himself as long as he had a fitba game to go to every Saturday it didn't matter what went on behind the scenes as it wasn't his business.

couple that to the fact that MJ has made his position untouchable by carefully choosing his investors and putting himself in a position where he can blame the fans for protesting/not attending for Kilmarnocks downfall and I'm sorry to say if it was a game of chess it's check-mate.

I hope you can convince me or others otherwise.

Spot on. 

Sadly I think the ship has already sailed, and if we go down, the club that we all care about will suffer a slow lingering death. We had our chance to do something, but sadly instead of all sticking together to force MJ out, it has spilt our core support. It would take everyone going in the same direction and sadly that will never ever happen. 

To many fans have deserted and had the fight knocked out of them, many will never return, the ones left some who think nothing is wrong and the board is doing a great job, some will wait until the club goes bust and turn round and say wish we had done something about it. Fasten your seat belts its going to be a rocky road       

2 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

some will wait until the club goes bust and turn round and say wish we had done something about it. Fasten your seat belts its going to be a rocky road       

no I think if we go bust many will say they did do their best by still going, spending at the club etc.

they're right, but they're wrong too for not seeing how divisive MJ has been to put himself in his untouchable position.

what can be done now or what should have been done in the past I'm at an absolute loss like many others.

quite sad that Killie have a huge game tomorrow and I have no notion to go.

once a massive Killie supporter and I'm looking forward to going to see Beith Juniors tomorrow, how do you fix that Kilmarnock Board Of Directors?

For a start your'e wasting your time, the Buffs will beat them.

I'm an older supporter who happily took the red cards, but it was also a bit of a civil war, my daughter took a red card, my son didn't.

I'll be at Rugby Park tomorrow but renewing my season is another matter. Can we get rid of Johnston ?  Improbable, but not impossible.

I am up for the fight. Been knocked down more than once, but my love for our team is only matched with my total for loathing for MJ.

Oh how we need a leader to galvanise our splintered support. The time for unity is now.

Where is Bobby Fleeting when you need him.?