Gary holt

muza1962

23 minutes ago, harley said:

What is the love in with McCulloch. He has been a waste of a wage since the day he arrived at Rugby Park.

What's the love in with Gary Holt??

If his career had taken him to Hibs or Motherwell would there be the same calls for him to get the job??

He's only in the frame cos he's an ex player.

9 hours ago, chubbs said:

One of the reasons yes. It's the same at a lot of clubs though, why else would Ryan Giggs be touted for Man u job after Moyes, Gary Monk for Swansea, Mccoist for Rangers, ?  etc etc. 

He's also in the frame because A. Has had decent experience in coaching and playing for a premier league/championship  team B. Has a pretty good record at his only other managerial job and C. is currently available for no compensation.

11 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

I also hear that tomorrow is Monday ----- no harm to holt who is a killie legend but no thanks 

9 hours ago, chubbs said:

What's the love in with Gary Holt??

If his career had taken him to Hibs or Motherwell would there be the same calls for him to get the job??

he managed 52 games at Falkirk, won 25, drew 11, losing 16, he has spent 3 years coaching the Norwich under 12s to the under 16s prior to that, then post Falkirk returned to Norwich to gain more coaching experience, and has said his reasons for leaving that role was to seek a fresh challenge as a head coach or manager and he is a kilmarnock legend in every sense of the word,

i would say all of that not only puts him in the frame but also makes him a strong candidate,

the only issue could be whether he could work with MJ, and also its a big gamble taking on the manager role where you are adored by fans, if results go against him it could be a horrible situation for both fan and manager.

and i dont understand your point regarding where his career took him, the fact is his career did take him to Norwich, where he played 168 games (only played 138 for Killie) he wasnt a guy who moved on and featured sparingly and never really proved he was good enough to play at that level, he won player of the year 2000/2001, he won promotion to the Premier League with them before moving to Forest,

to ask if his career didnt take him here there or wherever doesnt support your argument at all, if McCulloch hadnt played at the level he had and had spent his life in the lower leagues of Scottish fitba would you be arguing against Holt for McCulloch?

its been a long time since we have had a management team that has a strong affinity with the fans and someone who is one of us, i think its only right people want him here, maybe if we had people from the top to the bottom of our club who loved it the way we do we wouldnt be in the situation we are in

I think managers need to be good at a few key things: be able to motivate, develop and organise players, be able to set and change tactics and be able to identify players who will improve the team.
Managers like McInnes and Wright are good at these things but I've got no idea if McCulloch or Holt are. If McCulloch is in charge to the end of the season then it will certainly be long enough to judge him on most of them.

54 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I don't want Holt at all. I chose to remember him as  killie legend and can't bare thought of him failing and his name being tarred.

I don't think he's the man to take us forward.

I wouldn't worry about that aspect. Even if he were to fail, his name would never be tarred, as we would all empathise with the obvious hurt he would be going through.

A bit like Eddie Morrison, my all time favourite player. Didn't succeed as a manager but still a legend!

The bigger issue is the fact that Holt is inexperienced as a manager and therefore represents another high risk appointment by the club.

As I keep saying, we need a steady hand from now until 2019. Keep us in the league until the parasite leaves then build from there!

Well a know gary fairly well.this isny a guy coming in with this legend/ex player player bravado whos goni be throwing fist pumps tae the crowd every time a hard tackle goes in.this is young-ish coach whos a top professional and takes his work very seriously and who is well thought off down south who left a a cracking assistant manager/first team coach job at norwich fur another crack at management.he did a good job at a falkirk team with not a penny to spend,only relying on youth players (where 3 off them have went on to sign fur premiership clubs after he gave them there shot) and the odd loanee and nearly got them up in a league wae a hamilton side that ended up sitting third in the league a year later and a dundee side who splashed a bit a cash.a think this should be exciting times fur us and no " aw but hes only gettin a shout because he's an ex player" in ma eyes,this would be a great coup fur us

35 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

He killie daft and would give it his all if given the chance so why not.

That's why I'm surprised that he's interested.

There's something to be said for a manager who has no emotional attachment to the club or the area and can let their head rule their heart.

Which is not to say that it can't be done successfully.