Gary holt

muza1962

18 hours ago, chubbs said:

What's the love in with Gary Holt??

If his career had taken him to Hibs or Motherwell would there be the same calls for him to get the job??

He's only in the frame cos he's an ex player.

I don't have a love in with Gary Holt. Loved the player but as a manager i'm not so sure.

47 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

From the BBC gossip: The Kilmarnock squad want interim boss Lee McCulloch to succeed Lee Clark at Rugby Park, according to left back Steven Smith. (Daily Record)

That's worrying, they all wanted Lockie and look how well that worked out..

is that not just a case of, "the players are 100% behind Lee and hope he gets the job" ?

anything said other than the above would be twisted into " killie players don't think lee's good enough and can't wait for him to be thrown on the dole queue"

Gary Holt was a decent hardworking player and seemed to genuinely care about the club. Saw him play for Norwich and display same attitude so a safe bet he'd work hard and work the players hard too. Some of them need it and the attitude that some can carry the weight that they do, miss a lot of a season (because of injury ...... not a coincidence in my opinion) and then walk (walk is the operative word!) back into the team has to be stopped.

The present training regime clearly isn't tough enough (I don't see the degree of pork in other teams) and it should be the easiest thing to make your team amongst the fittest in the league. The current backroom staff must bear some of the responsibility for this situation.

With 15 minutes to go I'd like to be thinking "Now is our time!" instead of "Can we hold on?"

Of course even that only applies to our 'Better' performances.

I'd give Holt a go and disregard players support for Lee for reasons above and those already stated in other posts.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

From the BBC gossip: The Kilmarnock squad want interim boss Lee McCulloch to succeed Lee Clark at Rugby Park, according to left back Steven Smith. (Daily Record)

That's worrying, they all wanted Lockie and look how well that worked out..

smith in the sun saying give mcculloch the job. wonder if he was one of the ones who chapped jim manns door about locke