Kiltie

piffer

10 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

He came back to soon?

I cannot believe you are doubting my statement ,suppose he had rested till now it wouldn't have made any difference I was the the one who went to the hospital with him as I said in the first statement he is in good hands 

More than potentially...he's one of the best players at the club and has been a huge loss. Great to see him back training with the team, suspect he will be a month or two away from first team action, would be great to see him get some game time before the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, boab1869 said:

Bit of a side note but I think it's been a great sign that even though he's not been playing he still comes to support the team. Saw him at a few away games (probably been at most) as well as any of the under 20s games I've been at, he's been there. The type of guy we want at the club!

Yeah, spoke to him in the sports bar before the Hamilton away game, he was heading up there.

23 hours ago, boab1869 said:

Bit of a side note but I think it's been a great sign that even though he's not been playing he still comes to support the team. Saw him at a few away games (probably been at most) as well as any of the under 20s games I've been at, he's been there. The type of guy we want at the club!

Yeah good to see, i think he's just a really grounded boy from a good family. His dad is at games regularly too even when he's not playing. I'm sure they were both at Hampden earlier this season when the 20s were playing QP in that Irn Bru Cup. 

This is one of the reasons i was so against mass loan signings. Nothing better than seeing local lads coming through the ranks. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

This is one of the reasons i was so against mass loan signings.

I'm no football guru or expert but IMO the loans we've had have brought not a lot more to the club that we could not have found locally. Why are we developing the stars of the future for other clubs? It seems we are trading the future of the club for short term survival.

Surely if it is about money there must be local businesses willing to sponsor players.

The whole thing seems mental to me. We invested a lot of painful mistakes in watching Jackson Irvine turn into a decent midfield player and got nothing out of it. I could go on.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah good to see, i think he's just a really grounded boy from a good family. His dad is at games regularly too even when he's not playing. I'm sure they were both at Hampden earlier this season when the 20s were playing QP in that Irn Bru Cup. 

This is one of the reasons i was so against mass loan signings. Nothing better than seeing local lads coming through the ranks. 

The mass loan signings didn't stop young guys from coming through though. Clark made Taylor a regular immediately after his debut. He gave Hawkshaw a lot of football until his injury, he has struggled to get back into the side since probably through fitness/sharpness. Frizzell has struggled to make the break through. Wilson is now good enough and is involved in the matchday squad every week. Loan players haven't been given preference, they've only given us more options within the squad. Guys like Ajer and Longstaff are playing because they're the best options in those positions. The loans at the start of the season were left out if our own boys were better, which they were.

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The mass loan signings didn't stop young guys from coming through though. Clark made Taylor a regular immediately after his debut. He gave Hawkshaw a lot of football until his injury, he has struggled to get back into the side since probably through fitness/sharpness. Frizzell has struggled to make the break through. Wilson is now good enough and is involved in the matchday squad every week. Loan players haven't been given preference, they've only given us more options within the squad. Guys like Ajer and Longstaff are playing because they're the best options in those positions. The loans at the start of the season were left out if our own boys were better, which they were.

And all will be back at their parents clubs next season.

I think your above point just shows up how sh1te Clark's loan signings largely were. I have no problems with signing the likes of Ajer, Longstaff and Hendrie in on loan as they are an asset. The rest were a waste of time. Same with sh1te like Cobain.