Lee McCulloch

muza1962

14 hours ago, historyman said:

Wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world if Motherwell came for him. 

They've conceded 17 goals in February alone I don't think a move for an inexperienced manager would be wanted by the Motherwell support and from McCullochs point of view I'm sure he would want to be finding his feet in the hot seat with us where he's spent the past 2 years and has a good knowledge of the squad around him rather than take on that kind of challenge at fir park, he seems a pretty cool head and don't think he would let sentiment hinder his managerial career so early on 

Read wigan fans opinions on him. They think he's a great guy and give plenty of examples as to why. Turning up to supporters functions etc.

I didnt like him as a rangers player but that was mainly because of his 'win at all costs' approach. Now that he's in our dugout i'm more than happy for him to adopt that same approach if it gets us up the league.

41 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Read wigan fans opinions on him. They think he's a great guy and give plenty of examples as to why. Turning up to supporters functions etc.

I didnt like him as a rangers player but that was mainly because of his 'win at all costs' approach. Now that he's in our dugout i'm more than happy for him to adopt that same approach if it gets us up the league.

Spot on fella 

I think he will be a good manager and I want him to be successful with us.

Only time he has ever annoyed me was when he won a penalty kick for pushing Dindeleux then as he tried to pass him in the box kicking him in the end and winning a penalty.

Well won 1-0 that day at Rugby Park. Still worst decision I've ever seen a ref make!

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

This may be the kiss of death but I think he'll do well for us. Didn't like him as a player at Rangers but he's not going to be playing for us is he?

Most people only disliked him because of who he played for and his winning mentality.... If he applies the same determination to management as he did as a player, I'm confident he will turn out to be a top manager.

I am one of the people who didn't want him to be at Rugby park. I will be happy to see him succeed because it means Killie are winning games. I would just like to add a note of caution. There was the same clamour to give Gary Locke the job full time.

Elbows, correct me if I am wrong has won 1 game beating a team that a worse Killie team beat up there earlier in the season. He is playing Lee Clark's team. he is even starting the young Newcastle goalie that everybody was giving Clark pelters for. To be a real success we have to see what happens when he loses the loan players & has to bring in his own.

I still think it's far too early to judge whether he is a good manager.

PS turning uo to fans functions etc & being a generally nice guy off the park doesn't mean he will be a good team manager.

Edited by harley
spelling

30 minutes ago, harley said:

I am one of the people who didn't want him to be at Rugby park. I will be happy to see him succeed because it means Killie are winning games. I would just like to add a note of caution. There was the same clamour to give Gary Locke the job full time.

Elbows, correct me if I am wrong has won 1 game beating a team that a worse Killie team beat up there earlier in the season. He is playing Lee Clark's team. he is even starting the young Newcastle goalie that evreybody was giving Clark pelters for. To be a real success we have to see what happens when he loses the loan players & has to bring in his own.

PS turning uo to fans functions etc & being a generally nice guy off the park doesn't mean he will be a good team manager.

Nobody knows anything . Man Utd fans thought Fergie was a tit . Ranieri seemed pretty good at one point . 

4 hours ago, harley said:

Elbows, correct me if I am wrong has won 1 game beating a team that a worse Killie team beat up there earlier in the season. He is playing Lee Clark's team. he is even starting the young Newcastle goalie that everybody was giving Clark pelters for. To be a real success we have to see what happens when he loses the loan players & has to bring in his own.

I mentioned his demeanour as he seems to have this reputation of a hard man which is correct when he's on the pitch. He is quite different off it by all accounts.

As for his managerial skills that's still up for debate 

9 hours ago, harley said:

Gary Locke was thick as sh1t though, i was gutted when  he got the job. 

15 hours ago, historyman said:

Everyone gets to despondent after one defeat and too euphoric after one victory. 

Let's see where we are after the 38 games of the season have been played. That is the time to judge how well he is doing. 

This, I'm on the Facebook group and the responses when we lose or when we win are cringe-worthy at times

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

This, I'm on the Facebook group and the responses when we lose or when we win are cringe-worthy at times

Football is a very emotional business. When we won the Scottish cup and played European Football for the first time in about 30 years I really thought we had arrived again big time.

We are still battling relegation on regular occasions, so it's still a work in progress.

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Football is a very emotional business. When we won the Scottish cup and played European Football for the first time in about 30 years I really thought we had arrived again big time.

We are still battling relegation on regular occasions, so it's still a work in progress.

I was only 11 or 12 at the time of the Scottish cup win. But the 2012 cup win had me greetin' like a baby. Football is very much an emotional business. I just tend to be more reserved when it's one off league games against St Johnstone. I feel these folk who get really high when we win just make it worse for themselves when we lose after