TV Series

bKb

Just started Outcast. I dont really know where it's going to be honest. Im on the 4th episode. it's decent tho and i'll stick with it. 

Fear the Walking Dead hasnt grabbed me yet. But i LOVE The Walking Dead - i think it must be because i dont actually give a s**t about the characters. I've got about 4 of them stacked up on my planner to watch and i will get round to them. 

I went back and watched 2012 and W1A again. this is excellent TV. Quite Office-y in it's concept. I love the utterly useless Will in W1A

X-files was one of my staples as a kid, but i stopped watching it about season 5 or something, and when i watched the new ones i felt out of place. Like some old friends that i'd not bothered to keep in touch with but nonetheless felt resentful they'd moved on with their lives without me!! That Gillian Anderson tho ......

Spoiler

Hubba Hubba

On 18/07/2016 at 0:50 PM, James K Polk said:

Half way through Stranger Things on Netflix (it's only 8 episodes) and it's fantastic so far. The show is 80s set and comes across as part Spielberg/ Columbus, part John Carpenter/ Wes Craven/ Stephen King/ (and maybe a bit Clive Barker). Loads of little 80s references and homages such as the main theme music riffing on Carpenters electro-synth sound, a scene that nods to ET when that morphs part way through into a homage to Pretty in Pink, various bits of furniture or background 80s memorabilia.

Stranger Things is very good. All the young kids are fantastic, with 11 (El)  a standout.

Agree with Peaky Blinders it's the best series I've watched since band of brothers. I'm a few episodes from finishing the wire which has been quite good and watched sons of anarchy before that.

Would recommend Homeland and Vikings, two series I really enjoyed. Watched sky's lucky man and was disappointed but looking forward to watching Billions

Cannot agree about Peaky Blinders. I hung in til episode 5 of the first series hoping that somehow all the 1 dimensional characters, predictable plot and clichéd dialogue would somehow miraculously transform into some kind of semblance to Boardwalk Empire....sadly it didn't. Instead, it had more in common with Coronation Street!

Emigrate to avoid!

2 hours ago, Mister Y said:

Cannot agree about Peaky Blinders. I hung in til episode 5 of the first series 

You did better than me then. I turned off halfway through the 3rd episode. I really struggle to see what all the hype with it is about. 

Edited by Merk

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2016 at 0:33 AM, Wrangodog said:

Stranger Things is very good. All the young kids are fantastic, with 11 (El)  a standout.

Totally agree. I hoovered it all up in 3 days. Absolutely loved it. I just felt it was "fun" all the way through, pure enjoyment. I kept thinking about IT, the Goonies, ET, and flight of the navigator for some reason. It just seemed to be a perfect homage to that period of cinema when i was the perfect age for it. However, it's not a parody at all, it stands up against all those classics. The soundtrack, synthy mood music was so perfectly placed too. 

Season 2 is apparently a "no-brainer" according to the netflix boss, but hasn't been officially commissioned yet. It will happen, but i think we're looking at 18 months minimum before we'll see it. Coincidentally, the lad Will in it is starring in the IT remake due out next year. 

2 hours ago, billdescot said:

Just watched The Jinx which is a documentary,of six 1 hour episodes,about Robert Durst, the son of a billionaire property developer in Manhattan,implicated in the disappearance of his wife,and at least 2 other murders 

It has to be seen to be believed and the interviews with him are incredible !

It is very, very good. Up there with 'Making a Murderer'.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Scooter said:

Just watched the pilot of A Night Of on Sky Atlantic.

HBO's production values shine through again in this, a first-rate cast and detailed storytelling... looking forward to see how it develops.

Look forward to watching this.

Im on season 2 of narcos so once thats finished, i'll start this!

40 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Girlfriend is making me watch Quantico. Utter garbage. Avoid it

Ha, I was like that with Criminal Minds... FBI at a loose end? No problem, girl on a computer cross-references single fathers with brown-haired dogs against anyone with a twitch who bought a dishwasher in West Virginia three weeks last Tuesday... 'unsub' identified pretty much instantaneously... high fives all round and home for Wheel Of Fortune!

Rediculous!

On 9/5/2016 at 0:26 AM, Scooter said:

Just watched the pilot of A Night Of on Sky Atlantic.

HBO's production values shine through again in this, a first-rate cast and detailed storytelling... looking forward to see how it develops.

Agree with all your points. 2 episodes in and the plot development is good, the pacing and direction is excellent. I love John Turturro but I can't understand why he's playing this part as Al Pacino...

On 12 September 2016 at 3:50 PM, LH31 said:

Narcos season 2 was awfy gid.

Going to finish the last episode tonight. While season 2 is still very good think I preferred the first.

This season has lost a bit of an edge and has felt they've moved into more humanising Pablo and his family rather than the more mythological figure. I'm also wasn't as convinced by the Jhon and Maritza (?) storyline.

On 02/09/2016 at 5:29 PM, kilm53 said:

Just finished season 2 of Bosch..On Season 2 of Touch Kiefer Sutherland.

hadn't even heard of Touch thanks KS is the man.

half way through the second series and really enjoying it even though they have brought in the whole Astrocorp thing and the guy trying to kill them all.

would it have worked leaving it at the wee guy saving lives and solving other peoples problems? i donno.

sorry to see Avram and Clea go, Avram was a great character and Clea tied it up nicely but they went another way.

hate watching a really good show and you know when it's over there is no more.