TV Series

bKb

On 6/30/2016 at 9:23 PM, bKb said:

just watched the first series of The Detectorists, really enjoyed it. done with a single camera and no daft laugh track.

written, directed by and starring Mackenzie Crook with Toby Jones they are both sutbly brilliant, other great characters including the mad Farmer Bishop, sexy schoolteacher Becky, a TR7 that looks like it just came out the showroom and the shots of the English countryside are worth watching for.

had seen glimpses of this and wondered what it was, Crook won the Bafta for best comedy.

but the world of metal detecting is not the boring one you would imagine!

there are explosions, extra marital affairs (nearly),espionage and dirty tricks, a murder case, lighting strike deaths, betrayal, lesbians and invisible dogs.

first series is only 6 half hour episodes so you can watch it in a oney on Netflix, just about to start the second now I've got over the excitement, introducing Dianna Rigg.

I wonder if shes still hot?

Just finished watching the first series...surprised me by being so good. Subtle and funny (the queue here sign on the open day :D), found it very addictive.
Hoping season 2 will be on Netflix soon

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, billdescot said:

I didn't realise this was a US remake of an old UK series 

Just skimmed through ep.1 of Criminal Justice and you can see the story The Night Of was based on... kid drives off in a black cab instead of a NY taxi 9_9. Didn't see this when it originally aired, should be an enjoyable watch.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stuck it out with Fargo 3 as I had invested time in it but only to find out how it ended they wont top Billy Bob in a while, and McGregor etc were nowhere near as good as Tolman, Freeman, or the cast from season 1 or 2.

they are going to need a big name to save this now imo.

started watching Master Of None on Netflix now, I find it hilarious (others may not) and incredibly thought provoking, there's a whole lot of thinking time has went into this and is the work of  Aziz Ansari. Written, directed, starring, wrote the theme tune etc.

Nice short episodes obviously stripped bare of filler and not unlike Curb in many ways.

Curb is back in October canny wait.

thinking of starting Game Of Thrones?? Is it like a never ending Lord Of The Rings?

c0673813f8491a8ebb5dd5a6fb1a9ed8.jpg

Edited by bKb

Find a better performance in any TV series than that of Sarah Lancashire in "Happy Valley". I have never seen an actor so totally inhabit a rôle. The woman is a genius, though the series tends to top up the miserabilism a bit much for me and is short on jokes. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scooter said:

Game Of Thrones is getting pretty 'incendiary', if you get ma drift... 

...and still no qualms about getting rid of its bigger characters. 

This weeks ep.4  of series 7 was outstanding.

Disagree with this. GoT first 5 series were excellent. Went downhill in Series 6 and this season is beyond ridiculous. Either the 'continent' has got smaller or they have invented teleportation on Westeros. Time to end it, I'm afraid.

9 minutes ago, Mister Y said:

Disagree with this. GoT first 5 series were excellent. Went downhill in Series 6 and this season is beyond ridiculous. Either the 'continent' has got smaller or they have invented teleportation on Westeros. Time to end it, I'm afraid.

It does seem very, very rushed.

However I loved that last episode.

mEFry1.gif

On 8/8/2017 at 1:17 PM, Scooter said:

Game Of Thrones is getting pretty 'incendiary', if you get ma drift... 

...and still no qualms about getting rid of its bigger characters. 

This weeks ep.4  of series 7 was outstanding.

I've never seen Game Of Thrones but this ep4 of series 7 must be something else because everybody is talking about it.