Should we have a green change strip.

Waverley

I've supported Killie since the early sixties when we wore hoops and then stripes and our chsnge strip was a light blue top with white v neck and cuffs. Since then we've had a multitude of variations on blue and white stripes, hoops and plain tops with a rainbow of other colours for our away kit but never green!

The reason this popped into my head is that my Brother-in-law and I have both bought new kilt jackets for our niece's wedding and they're different shades of green which will match our kilts. There was never a thought as to any football/religious connotations to our choices; our kilts reflect our family clans.

It made me think; we've had everything from red, purple, grey, light blue, dark blue, coral, maroon and of course yellow but never green.

I like to think that Killie is an inclusive club; should we consider green as a change strip?

There's not many clubs who play in green - I mean, anywhere in the world.

A couple in Scotland, Plymouth Argyle and Yeovil Town in England, St Etienne, Groningen, Sporting Lisbon and Wolfsburg are a few that spring to mind.

And one of the reasons, I think, is the colour of the stuff matches are played on. Just as Fergie binned Man Utd's grey change kit half-way through a match because it was making his players "disappear" into the crowd (he said), a green kit must have the same effect with grass.

So, unless it's a luminous kit as above, I'm out for that reason alone! 

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, trenwick said:

Green not a killie colour like the sell out to the sponsors orange...

What is a Killie colour?

Blue and white obviously but, as the OP pointed out, we have had a myriad of colours in change strips in over the last few decades. Are red, yellow, burgundy, purple and lilac etc any more "Killie colours" than green or orange?

They're all just colours unless you attach a special significance to them.

Yellow seems to be considered by many as a club colour. In some shad or other its appeared quite regularly since the 97cup win either as a second kit or as a third colour on the home tops. It's also extremely popular given the League cup win was in yellow. 

Has anyone considered what good a green kit is. Depending on the home kit could we wear it if required. We likely couldn't wear it vs Celtic and Hibs. Depending on shade could it be worn vs Hearts, Dundee and County. 

40 minutes ago, piffer said:

Has anyone considered what good a green kit is.

Hasn't stopped us before from having a predominantly blue change kit which couldn't be worn against Rangers, St Johnstone, Dundee, Ross County etc.

Anyway, it's not going to be green next season - we have seen the options available.

Edited by skygod

14 hours ago, skygod said:

There's not many clubs who play in green - I mean, anywhere in the world.

A couple in Scotland, Plymouth Argyle and Yeovil Town in England, St Etienne, Groningen, Sporting Lisbon and Wolfsburg are a few that spring to mind.

And one of the reasons, I think, is the colour of the stuff matches are played on. Just as Fergie binned Man Utd's grey change kit half-way through a match because it was making his players "disappear" into the crowd (he said), a green kit must have the same effect with grass.

So, unless it's a luminous kit as above, I'm out for that reason alone! 

Did some of the players change into green at half-time today as quite a few if them disappeared in the second half.