Should we have a green change strip.

Waverley

On 04/03/2017 at 0:40 AM, Waverley said:

I've supported Killie since the early sixties when we wore hoops and then stripes and our chsnge strip was a light blue top with white v neck and cuffs. Since then we've had a multitude of variations on blue and white stripes, hoops and plain tops with a rainbow of other colours for our away kit but never green!

The reason this popped into my head is that my Brother-in-law and I have both bought new kilt jackets for our niece's wedding and they're different shades of green which will match our kilts. There was never a thought as to any football/religious connotations to our choices; our kilts reflect our family clans.

It made me think; we've had everything from red, purple, grey, light blue, dark blue, coral, maroon and of course yellow but never green.

I like to think that Killie is an inclusive club; should we consider green as a change strip?

Gaadz

3 minutes ago, Robert said:

It's hard enough holding on to tradition without losing our basic colours everyone in Scotland know Killie are blue and white.  Let's not change that 

Sadly, we can't have blue and white as change colours. Well, we could but referees are very fussy these days so you need something which doesn't clash.

I'm sure you were outraged when we had that purple kit too.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Sadly, we can't have blue and white as change colours. Well, we could but referees are very fussy these days so you need something which doesn't clash.

I'm sure you were outraged when we had that purple kit too.

Why don't we have white and blue as change strip?Surely that helps keep with tradition?

I wouldn't have had a problem with a green away strip until I read this from the great football intellectual Derek Adams

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/should-argyle-wear-white-for-the-league-two-clash-with-blackpool/story-30185354-detail/story.html

I'm not sure what kit they wore but they lost 3 nil!