The next 3 games

Jedi2

Absolutely crucial in both where we are likely to end up, and also Lee's potential future. With the next set of 3 being Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, clearly games against County, Thistle and ICT give us the opportunity to finally put clear daylight between ourselves and the bottom 2 spots, or be dragged right into the middle of it. Obviously with 2 of them being away, it does make it harder, but with the proper set up,organisation and attitude, we should be looking for between 7-9 points..crazy I know especially after yesterday, but season defining one way or the other.

We seem to have had these kind of posts all season .....where folk give points targets ..and then in practice the team cannot put even a run of couple of wins together .......luckily this season a lot of the teams around us are very inconsistent too 

what might help is that 2 of the games are away.......current set up of the team seems more adept at counter attacking teams 

Down side for next week is the one consistent decent quality midfield player we have will be missing (Dicker) .......

Falkirk won't be in the play-off this season. I fancy Utd to win the League and Hibs to emerge from the Championship play-off position. Certainly whether Hibs, Utd or (unlikely Falkirk or Morton), we don't want to be involved. 

Also,I reckon its fair to highlight the next 3 matches as they are against teams directly around us. 

4 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

in practice the team cannot put even a run of couple of wins together

This is why we are still enmeshed in the relegation battle. It is almost beyond belief how long it is since we went on a winning run - I can't think of one since AJ's purple patch. Thistle have pulled clear after three wins on the bounce. We need to do the same and put the pressure on to the other teams at the bottom. It is probably a bonus that two of our next three are away because our home record is honking.

This is where we find out what McCulloch is all about. I'm not glad we got beat yesterday but it's good that we are getting to see different situations coming up And how he deals with it.

We've had a poor performance how does he get over that. We will be missing two of our better players what does he do to counteract this. How does he handle the fact that without Dicker, McKenzie and possibly Smith we have no experienced players in the middle of the park. What's his take on the goalkeeper situation and the pathetic defending of set pieces.

21 hours ago, piffer said:

This is where we find out what McCulloch is all about. I'm not glad we got beat yesterday but it's good that we are getting to see different situations coming up And how he deals with it.

We've had a poor performance how does he get over that. We will be missing two of our better players what does he do to counteract this. How does he handle the fact that without Dicker, McKenzie and possibly Smith we have no experienced players in the middle of the park. What's his take on the goalkeeper situation and the pathetic defending of set pieces.

"We'll also be working really hard on set-plays which we've been disappointing in"  Lee McCulloch 22/2/17

Need to work really really hard this week.