Alex Neil anyone?

KillkieBoab

I think he has built up too good a reputation to have to come to us.  

If Sevco had more sense and could get their fans to accept someone Scottish from a Diddy team then they could do a lot worse than Neil but they still have delusions of grandeur. 

The English Championship must be the most unforgiving league in the world. It is totally crazy. 

10 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

But realistic expectations in England and all the money around down there causes this.

I assume you mean "unrealistic" expectations.

Nothing unrealistic at all in expecting Norwich to challenge for promotion this season, what with the parachute payments.

As others have said, the Championship is hugely ruthless because of the rewards of the Premier League and the dire prospect of relegation to League One.

I'll drive down and get him 

if we could afford him which i very much doubt I reckon GH could make a very convincing case to him in the two of them pairing up for the job 

although GH did leave Norwich for a managerial position he did also say he'd be interested in a head coach role .... sorry just thinking as I type here so I may have contradicted myself 

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Would take Neil as well. Reckon he might also be willing to take the chance of re-establishing himself in the top League in Scotland, at least for 2 or 3 years, before probably heading south again. Did a great job at Hamilton, and would seem a good fit for us. Money might be an issue but again, it about negotiating giving him a chance to rebuild. Plus he has probably made a fair bit of cash over the last couple of years. 

Meantime, will see both how McCulloch gets on in the next 3 games, and also if he becomes a bit more enthused in having any idea if he wants the job or not.

"Neil refused to be drawn on the back page story in Friday’s Sun newspaper stating he is in line for a £2m pay-off if the Canaries’ top brass opt to dismiss the Scot following the club’s Championship downturn.

The report claimed chairman Ed Balls had struck a ‘secret deal’ to keep Neil in Norfolk, following on from the improved contract the 35-year-old penned the previous summer after guiding Norwich to the top flight."

(Eastern Daily Press, 30 December 2016)

A 55% win percentage at Hamilton and 42% with Norwich, including a season in the Premiership.

He's out of our league by some distance and was very unfortunate to be sacked with the club 8th in the Championship.

Where exactly do the Norwich City directors expect the club to be?

They're a lower Premiership/ upper Championship club.

Edited by fraz65

Another manager who was a victim of his own success in a way, a bit like Billy Davies at Derby County. Both over-achieved by getting clubs promoted into the Premier League and then struggled thereafter. To be fair to Norwich, they at least stuck with Neil after relegation and through a poor spell this season- but another poor patch has obviously tipped the scales against him.  He is still only 35. I'd love to see him at Killie but that won't happen. I'd be surprised if he comes back to Scotland at all.