Alex Neil anyone?

KillkieBoab

They are 9 points off a play-off place. A ruthless and equally ridiculous decision. 

If they went on the same run now as they did when he first joined the club they would probably make the play-offs. 

Will be interesting to see where he ends up next as being a success in his next job will be very important for his career. Don't think he will be back in Scotland unless one of the bigger jobs such as Aberdeen Hearts or Hibs becomes vacant. 

Norwich should be a play off championship side. Smaller clubs like Huddersfield, Brighton, Fulham and Preston have over performed and put pressure on the likes of Norwich and Derby.

Surprised McCarthy has survived so long at Ipswich who are similar!

Neil did a good job at Hamilton and what a gift to the SPL they have proved to be.

28 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Norwich should be a play off championship side. Smaller clubs like Huddersfield, Brighton, Fulham and Preston have over performed and put pressure on the likes of Norwich and Derby.

Surprised McCarthy has survived so long at Ipswich who are similar!

Neil did a good job at Hamilton and what a gift to the SPL they have proved to be.

I don't see Norwich as being "bigger" than the four clubs you've mentioned. Maybe more successful in recent years, but Fulham fans would dispute that too. 

On 11/03/2017 at 2:53 AM, Thirdwatch1965 said:

A work mate has played under him and does not have a good thing to say about him, so not for me as I trust my friend more.

C'mon. One guys opinion Verses his record with Hamilton and Norwich. I know which side I'd be on. Get him in. 

On the size thing I was going on history over (say) last thirty years, crowds and potential crowds......... so with the clubs I mentioned it's a matter of opinion.

One 'fact' is Preston have third smallest budget in Championship so clearly they're over performing.

I guess what makes the English Championship interesting is that it's very competitive although it will be probably less so with enlarged parachute payments. That's what makes clubs like Norwich so desperate to get back to the promised land before it becomes almost impossible to 1) Get to the Premier League and 2) Stay there.

This is the background to the ridiculous number of sackings.

Money ruining the game?

Surely not!