Almost Safe?

MrTumnus

33 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Based on SPL/Premiership history, Statistically we need 42 points or more to guarantee safety.

That's another 11 points from 10 games. Certainly doable but we're not safe now. 

Agreed. Since the Premiership began the second bottom side have been between 35-36 points. Third bottom  have been between 38-43 so we should really be aiming for 43+. With ICT/Hamilton being on 23/24 I think 43+ would see you well away from relegation this season but it should be the target.

For Hamilton, the better off of the two, to hit the 35 point mark they would need to average a point a game which is going to be a push for them. Once you hit 35/36 points then we can start talking about nearing safety.

Edited by Fletch

3 hours ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

I'm back up to sunny Neilston in early May to see two matches - still to be named, after the split.

However, I haven't seen Killie lose a game in three years - that's around 12/15 games - so, the omens are good?

You lot should be crowd-funding me??

12 to 15 games in 3 years and you havent seen us lose a single game ? i think some more detail is required here before you can get any crowd funding xD

A few draws, but deffo no defeats.

As I said, I'll be taking in two after-split games, so I'm in two minds....IF they're safe from relegation or the dreaded play offs, then I might see some decent games BUT, if they finish in the top six then it's more likely to be two humpings (and one of them surely at a dreaded sectarian stadium??)

Edited by WIGHT and BLUE

We currently have a few teams who would need to overtake us for us to be involved in the relegation battle. Most of these teams are playing each other so they will all be picking up points. With everyone picking up points its far too early for us to talk about being safe. If we win our next two and make it three in a row then i'd say we can start talking about safety. But I can't remember when we last won 2/3 games in a row...