Almost Safe?

MrTumnus

With only ten games to go I cannot see us finishing bottom now.

ICT would need to win three more games than us to overtake us. When you consider they've only won 4 out of 28 all season then this is highly unlikely.

We are also 2 wins and a draw ahead of Hamilton so I am feeling a lot better about avoiding the play-off spot as well.

The odds are in our favour.

Too early for that as I don't think we will get anything in the last three games before the split.

After that it will be in our own hands to pick up the points we need but there is no doubt that today gave us one of the best set of results this season. Everything went in our favour as we got a brilliant result ourselves to take maximum advantage.

Nowhere near it. Results went against us last week and everything closed up. We've got a tough run of fixture especially after ICT away where it's conceivable we will pick up no points and goal difference could take a hammering. Then it's head to head after the split. 

We've learned in recent weeks we can't rely on others so keep putting points on the board and let others worry about us

Not safe yet but if we go into the split 8 points clear still we are in a good position. If you remember Gary Locke almost got us relegated after losing 8 out of the 9 games or somrthing at the end of the season two years ago.  We end with Rangers, Sellik and Hearts before the split so its hard to know if we will take any points from them. Massive win today which takes the pressure off. Need to get a few results to make sure but we are in a lot better position than last year. Would be nice for a stress free end to the season though!

Haven't won at home since the County game and we're going to need that kind of performance against Partick I think the partnership of Boydie & Sammon could prove vital if the two of them are on form we haven't found any kind of consistency up front this season but Since the introduction of Sammon he compliments Boydie and vice Versa 

with Dicker really proving to be important to the team and a more settled defence I'm feeling confident but cautious but as said above bring it on 

and good to see we aren't scrutinising Woodmans performance tonight 

Certainly reckon 4pts (at least) from the next 2 will put us in a really strong position now. That would take us onto 35pts. Given that it would be very difficult to finish in the bottom 2 spots with 40pts or above, we would only then arguably need one more win, with a few draws thrown in to take us over that threshold. Today was a massive result. Just need to keep it going in the next two or three weeks and we (should) be fine. However, couple of defeats and we would be right back in it. 

Great to finally ease the Ross County bogey as well after a shockingly poor run of results against them over the past couple of seasons. Just need to beat Aberdeen the next time we meet now!

Next week sees a situation I have seen so many times with Killie recently - we have a chance to put some distance between us and others below or around us. Sadly we have failed on most of these occasions in recent times.

As usual I will head along with the idea that we can do it and will move above Thistle by 5pm next Sat. Surely on the 5th anniversary of the League Cup win we will do it? 

Only two weeks ago after a win we had posts of beating Motherwell by three or four, I asked then, "what could possibly go wrong", again there is an air of confidence sweeping through the boards after what appears to have been a smash and grab in Dingwall, Thistle were 1 minute from FOUR wins on the trot today, in all honesty i would take a point next week, with those at the bottom losing, when will we be safe, either on the day we secure top 6 or the day we secure enough point to mean the others cannot catch us.

Its the Killie Way to make it difficult, there will be a lot more nail biting to come IMO

We're right in limbo land at the moment between a top-six finish and an underpant threatening finish.

Top six is a long shot IMO, reckon we'd need 9 pts from last five pre split games. 

Unfortunately if we don't make top-six we have another five games to potentially foul it up. 

The next two games (Partick and ICT) are a massive opportunity to get six points.

Two points or less with Ran/Cel up next would probably mean a nervous finish. 

2 hours ago, Fankle said:

Fingers crossed Celtic have the title wrapped up before we play them next. Seen that movie too many times now...

And they duly slip up. They need 6 points from 3 games before we play them so we should be ok though...:/

Edited by Fankle

On 11/03/2017 at 10:47 PM, killie billies pal said:

Only two weeks ago after a win we had posts of beating Motherwell by three or four, I asked then, "what could possibly go wrong", again there is an air of confidence sweeping through the boards after what appears to have been a smash and grab in Dingwall, Thistle were 1 minute from FOUR wins on the trot today, in all honesty i would take a point next week, with those at the bottom losing, when will we be safe, either on the day we secure top 6 or the day we secure enough point to mean the others cannot catch us.

Its the Killie Way to make it difficult, there will be a lot more nail biting to come IMO

Exactly. There is a long way to go yet and while the result v County was great the performance didn't seem to be and we got lucky. Partick are the form team of the bottom seven and ICT will be scrapping for their lives. Every game will be tough from now on in, absolutely nothing is guaranteed. 

b.PNG.35cafed10c5e89da302215d2cdd2dfaf.PNG<-- Killie and Partick last 7

Reassuring Stat is that while many say Partick are the form team-- they have the same record as us in their last eight, three wins, three draws, and two losses. Killie are due a result against Partick and we always seem to get one decent game against them per season, re: the 4-1 Eremenko inspired victory, and the 3-0 win when AJ was in charge.

Call it clutching at straws, but I'm confident based off of this that Big Jig and the lads will get us a win!

Edited by KillieUSA