Jags Thread 18-3-17

Allan

We manage to sneak a point for once. However I have decided that mccllouch is not ready to manage yet. His game management is far too poor we should have changed at half time once Partick thistle had found us out. Instead we took till 70 mins to change things which allowed them to run all over us giving them plenty of time to dominate us. Time to open the applications and see what we get.

3 minutes ago, KillieUSA said:

And speaking of ICT, we need to get a win against them and somebody else, whether Hearts, Rangers, or dare I say, Celtic, to have any chance of the top six....

Thistle's last four are

Ross County and Well (H) and the OF (A)

Can we better their results by three points to overcome the GD deficit?

Doubtful.

14 minutes ago, KillieUSA said:

That guy who does sportscene is the most boring and dull prat. Jokeeeee of a programme

Only he could make fitba uninteresting!

Good result for us-- now 8 pts ahead of ICT & Hamilton. And speaking of ICT, we need to get a win against them and somebody else, whether Hearts, Rangers, or dare I say, Celtic, to have any chance of the top six....

Talk about high octane finish

The guy describing the hibs game sounded like he had the noose pre-prepared. As for the top 6, we can forget it now, that was our chance and we did what we do. Survival it is.

10 minutes ago, amc48c said:

Interim manager's going to be learning all the time. He will make mistakes. We all do. Key is to learn from them. The turnaround in points and performances suggests he is doing well at learning so far.

I'm not pro or against mcculloch, but to suggest that he had anything to do with the partick keeper chucking the ball in the net in nonsense 

3 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

What I hate is these stupid positions at corners

I thought it was a definite improvement. Didn't think it was stupid, thought it was clever. Its harder to pick up a man if you don't know where he's going to be. Our players know where the corner taker is trying to put the ball so it's an advantage to us.

4 minutes ago, amc48c said:

Interim manager's going to be learning all the time. He will make mistakes. We all do. Key is to learn from them. The turnaround in points and performances suggests he is doing well at learning so far.

I don't really think he has learned  all that much to be honest. He's seems to set the team up correctly before the match. However it's during the match he seems to fail to recognise and counter the changes other managers make. This is comparable to previous incumbents of the mangers seat these past few years.

Lucky point, well done to the players for digging in and keeping going till the end......but it's yet another game where we allow opposing teams to dominate a lot of the play....and struggle to alter things when needed

At times we look set up to play like an away team ....the questionable quality in midfield and out wide at times does let us down in terms of creativity and keeping good possession

But it's another point to safety 

I wasn't at County but we were very fortunate to get anything today so that's probably 4pts we have been lucky to get.

Anyone who thinks this team isn't in a relegation scrap is kidding themselves. On the basis of the second half performances at home to Well and Thistle we could quite easily lose to anyone. 

Very disappointed by the way we play - big long ball up the park and hope to capitalise on the second ball. We got a few chances like this in the first half and did actually put a couple of good moves together where all that was lacking was a good final ball or better movement from the strikers in the box.

Second half was utter dross, played off the park by a team that got the ball down and passed and moved. This shouldn't have been a surprise to us as it was exactly how Thistle played in the earlier game at RP this season when we were again lucky to get a draw. I think Clark and now McCulloch are of the view that we don't have the players to do this hence the almost constant long ball which is terrible to watch and largely infeffective.

52 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

We manage to sneak a point for once. However I have decided that mccllouch is not ready to manage yet. His game management is far too poor we should have changed at half time once Partick thistle had found us out. Instead we took till 70 mins to change things which allowed them to run all over us giving them plenty of time to dominate us. Time to open the applications and see what we get.

Correct experienced manager needed as have to rebuild a new team next season only Mckenzie Boyd k Boyd and Jordan Jones signed up im led to believe

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Why are we always excellent in the first half an completely lackluster in the second? Happening far far too often these days!

Because Lee "I'm one of the lads" McCulloch decided on a vote to change training times. They go hell for leather at the start and then peter out as their bodies are tiring as they are not used to pushin their bodies at that time of the day. 

Also LM back to the GL stance in the dugout, hands in pockets and starin straight out and over et the East stand, we should maybe start holding up tatic boards so he gets an idea for what to do through the game.

We were easily the better team for the first 35-40 mins and then struggled for the rest of the game. Dicker didn't look to turn up for the second half, but to be fair he was popping up all across the park which perhaps suggests that it was having to cover for the rest of the midfield more than anything else.

i agree there was very little sign of the manager being able to change the game, we just seemed to plod on.

the goal was lucky in that the keeper had a howler, but you have to get the ball up the park and take a shot for that to happen.

Partick hit the woodwork twice and will feel hard done by. But lets not forget they are a good side going well and were big favourites for most. Plenty disappointing aspects from our side but to come away with a 1 all draw is ok.

9 minutes ago, Tom061087 said:

We were easily the better team for the first 35-40 mins and then struggled for the rest of the game. Dicker didn't look to turn up for the second half, but to be fair he was popping up all across the park which perhaps suggests that it was having to cover for the rest of the midfield more than anything else.

i agree there was very little sign of the manager being able to change the game, we just seemed to plod on.

the goal was lucky in that the keeper had a howler, but you have to get the ball up the park and take a shot for that to happen.

Partick hit the woodwork twice and will feel hard done by. But lets not forget they are a good side going well and were big favourites for most. Plenty disappointing aspects from our side but to come away with a 1 all draw is ok.

Totally agree. We were very dominant first half and just needed a goal. Second half we were awful but I'll take a point in our position any day.

26 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Correct experienced manager needed as have to rebuild a new team next season only Mckenzie Boyd k Boyd and Jordan Jones signed up im led to believe

Signed for next season:

MacDonald, MacKay, S Boyd, Osborne, Addison, Taylor, Lidington, S Smith, Frizzell, McKenzie, Hawkshaw, Kiltie, K Boyd and McLean at least.

3 hours ago, pmonty3 said:

Wish they'd sit them right behind the goals rather than up top. Make for a much better atmosphere and look better on tv. 

Been saying this for years. Have suggested it on all feedback forums and got some silly excuse about safety. It would make a considerable difference to our poor image on TV. But to no avail.

1 minute ago, theauldyin said:

twice, to-day and well game, we have dominant first half and other managers have changed tactics, LM must act quicker  

I got the impression today that he really didn't know what to do to counter the changes to Thistle set up at HT? I cannot think of any other reason he didn't change things either by changing the set up on the pitch or introducing subs. However i do not have the tactical football brain of Mourinho so I could be wrong.

More points thrown away. We don't deserve top six. Partick were excellent and good to watch. Great movement. I'd love to watch that every week. Four long turgid years and we can't seem to find a manager or players who can remotely give the fans a team worth watching. Similar or lesser funded teams consistently outperform us. Our crowds seem to be nudging up a bit, but they're never given them any reason to come back. Sick to the back teeth with our incompetence. I'm actually surprised in a way that we still get over 3000 staying the course.