Attack on Westminster

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Absolutely Horrendous events unfolding thought I'd kick start the topic too many news feeds and reports to reference just one but I'm sure everyone knows the details 

by all accounts a quick response by the police after the initial attack but 4 confirmed dead, French school children some of the victims who were mowed down and reports saying some of the victims have catastrophic injuries 

Tonight I am glad I'm stuck in boring auld Ayrshire 

I wonder whether there will be other bodies in the Thames.

It occurred to me that, these days, parliament buildings should be secure, propose-built affairs out of city centres.

It's an absolute joke having the Houses of Parliament in such a vulnerable site, surrounded on one side by water and under the flight path to LHR.

But tradition is of paramount importance... they are reluctant to even move out temporarily for refurbishment.

A pathetic lone wolf in a car with a kitchen knife killed four (at least). A proper attack would wipe the place out.

No minute's silence or black armbands in either the England or Scotland matches.

f**k them!

3 hours ago, skygod said:

I wonder whether there will be other bodies in the Thames.

A pathetic lone wolf in a car with a kitchen knife killed four (at least). A proper attack would wipe the place out.

BBC website has footage which appears to show the car driving along and a body going over the bridge. They are reporting it as a woman who was pulled from the water and now being treated for serious injuries. 

These lone attacks are becoming increasingly common. IMO if reports are to be believed the authorities do a decent job stopping attacks in the planning stages. Their can't be much planning goes into these though to catch someone. Just get to somewhere busy, do as much damage as you can until you are taken down. 

42 minutes ago, piffer said:

BBC website has footage which appears to show the car driving along and a body going over the bridge. They are reporting it as a woman who was pulled from the water and now being treated for serious injuries. 

Saw that.  

Some speed the car was doing - at least 40 mph?

9 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

I'm not fishing. I'm asking you what your point is? I can't see one.  

i was just posting what i heard as an inital reaction not long after it happened, i couldnt make up my mind on this, the news being reported back seemed to be heavily focused on the politicians, and how Parliment would react to this, i appreciate the attack was directed at Westminster but normal people have lost their lives and many more with life threatning injuries so i would have thought there would have been more news of this, but to be honest in my head ive been going back and forth on it, at the time of posting i was just sharing what i had heard on tv as i couldnt make my mind up and was sharing to see what everyone else thoughts were

"Attack on Westminster" seems a poor description of what actually happened imo. Yes the c**t was in the vicinity, and yes one of his victims was guarding one of the surrounding areas, but the majority of his victims were just going about their daily life. We should be more concerned with protecting people like them, rather than ramping up security at what is already a fortress. The priorities just seem wrong  

I was watching some of the coverage of the Paris airport shooting with my son. And as we watched travellers being corralled outside the terminal building, he said "that's a bit stupid". "There's no security checks outside the building, anyone could walk into those packed areas, with a bomb in a suitcase, and kill a lot more people than they would've inside". Now if a 12 year old can see that, I refuse to believe it's not been considered by terrorists and counter-terrorism experts. The only logical conclusion is they're more interested in protecting assets, like these buildings, than the potential loss of human life. What that says about our society, I'm not sure.

Given this was a "Jihadi" attack inspired in the name of The Prophet, I have some problems with how the Mullahs behind this mind set can square the circle between their holy book, the Koran and the suicide "soldiers" they inspire, killing and injuring tourists from overseas visiting the capital.

As I understand it, and I am no expert whatever on Islam, Mohamed instructed that jihadis who take up the sword should do so only as a last resort and should make every effort to avoid civilian casualties. Canny see how this fits in with driving a speeding car at random groups of tourists.

I just don't understand why no Muslims, in particular their religious leaders, publicly question the doctrine of these "hate preachers" we hear so much about.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I just don't understand why no Muslims, in particular their religious leaders, publicly question the doctrine of these "hate preachers" we hear so much about.

They do, every day, it's just that it isn't as news worthy as a hook handed smock wearing belle end shouting death to infidels!

6 hours ago, Zorro said:

"Attack on Westminster" seems a poor description of what actually happened imo. Yes the c**t was in the vicinity, and yes one of his victims was guarding one of the surrounding areas, but the majority of his victims were just going about their daily life. We should be more concerned with protecting people like them, rather than ramping up security at what is already a fortress. The priorities just seem wrong  

The surrounding area is called Westminster, not just the building... Westminster Bridge leads to the City of Westminster.