Project fear 2.0

Zorro

2 hours ago, fraz65 said:

It's interesting that you think that the Scottish electorate is more engaged compared to others, as Australians also regard themselves as being particularly well informed by virtue of having compulsory voting. It's nonsense of course, 

Too right it's nonsense..

you do know the Scottish vote was the highest participation in the western world since universal suffarage?

to suggest people who are compelled to vote by law have a similar level of initate participation is farcical man - you really suggesting cos people are compelled by law to vote that equates to them being well informed?

boolocks I say. Total mince. 

Edited by RAG
Spellings

8 hours ago, RAG said:

Too right it's nonsense..

you do know the Scottish vote was the highest participation in the western world since universal suffarage?

to suggest people who are compelled to vote by law have a similar level of initate participation is farcical man - you really suggesting cos people are compelled by law to vote that equates to them being well informed?

boolocks I say. Total mince. 

Do you actually read people's posts before going off on a rant?

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

No, they just copy and paste from the Cybernat Guidance Manual for Grievance and Denial. Quite a weighty tome.

You make a reasoned response to my quip on another thread then demean yourself by posting this. It could be argued that you do the same from another source that I am not going to embarrass myself by making up a stupid name for. You are as entrenched in your views which are the opposite from those you argue with, and the tone of some of your responses suggests you want SNP to screw Scotland just for the sake of it even if they do implement some decent improvements to society. Either way, SNP or Tory, Scotland is f**ked in your book, as Labour Greens and Libs are going nowhere fast in the next 10 years here. I would rather put my weight behind a party that will at least fight for my country rather that leave it up to Mini-me Thatcher and her pals. The only winners from the constant bickering up here are the Tories, but we will never learn. NZ is looking a good prospect for my final years.

12 hours ago, fraz65 said:

Do you actually read people's posts before going off on a rant?

You call that a rant? 

I'd suggest you move back to a country where voting is not required by law, before saying other folk are off on a rant like..

least I've got stuff to rant about on the mighty political debate that's killie for.com that's not my selfies or kangaroos or that dr Karl Kennedy

2 hours ago, RAG said:

You call that a rant? 

I'd suggest you move back to a country where voting is not required by law, before saying other folk are off on a rant like..

least I've got stuff to rant about on the mighty political debate that's killie for.com that's not my selfies or kangaroos or that dr Karl Kennedy

I can't move back without getting a divorce first!

10 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

You make a reasoned response to my quip on another thread then demean yourself by posting this. It could be argued that you do the same from another source that I am not going to embarrass myself by making up a stupid name for. You are as entrenched in your views which are the opposite from those you argue with, and the tone of some of your responses suggests you want SNP to screw Scotland just for the sake of it even if they do implement some decent improvements to society. Either way, SNP or Tory, Scotland is f**ked in your book, as Labour Greens and Libs are going nowhere fast in the next 10 years here. I would rather put my weight behind a party that will at least fight for my country rather that leave it up to Mini-me Thatcher and her pals. The only winners from the constant bickering up here are the Tories, but we will never learn. NZ is looking a good prospect for my final years.

That's a decent view, mcilroy. It is a sad state of affairs.

25 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

That's a decent view, mcilroy. It is a sad state of affairs.

Why is it sad though, time change, imo the union does not and has not served Scotland well for over 70 years at least.  Faced with the Torys in power perpetually coupled with brexit and the great repeal bill giving them unbridled power  you still prefer that over a socially responsible independent scotland.  This is the opposite of what you purport to be your political views. 

19 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Why is it sad though, time change, imo the union does not and has not served Scotland well for over 70 years at least.  Faced with the Torys in power perpetually coupled with brexit and the great repeal bill giving them unbridled power  you still prefer that over a socially responsible independent scotland.  This is the opposite of what you purport to be your political views. 

Stop being reasonable. It's uncomfortable.