Dortmund

On 12/04/2017 at 2:46 PM, diamond_geezer said:

Who knew that radical Islamic terrorisets were so discerning in their choice of target ? I was aware that they prefer young children but I didn't know they would eschew a team bus. You live and learn . 

Police have charged a radical Islamic terrorist. 

No, wait... in an ironic twist that you couldn't make up, it turns out to be a suspected financial terrorist who was allegedly trying to make a quick buck from the Borrusia Dortmund share price falling!

Never mind ISIS, it's financial speculators we should be afraid of!

You live and learn indeed. 

Edited by skygod

On 12/04/2017 at 10:37 AM, Zorro said:

From what I've read three groups are in the frame. Theres the obligatory Islamic link, right-wing neo nazis (or patriots as brian prefers to call them) and anti fascists. 

Lets face it ISis would claim responsibility for the opening of a window and it doesn't take too much of a stretch to suggest anyone looking to stir up anti Islamic feelings would see this type of attack as an easy way to do it. For me it just doesn't seem to fit their MO. 

The right wing "patriots" had already made death threats against BD officials after a clampdown on racism at games and banning orders. These guys are usually all mouth though and more usually found hiding behind a police cordon. Hiding while the incident took place would seem their way, but I'm not sure they'd have the brains to pull something like this off. 

The anti-facists are seemingly upset by BD's tolerance of racism and lack of banning orders. However I'm not sure how this would have got past the committee stage at the anti-facist meeting. "Commrades I'd like to propose bombing people who don't agree with us, until they do", doesn't seem to fit with what they're trying to achieve. I'd be surprised if their idea of direct action had escalated from smashing up McDonald's windows and boycotting nestle to a bombing campaign. 

So as I'm dismissing it being any of these attention seekers, I'm gonna suggest it's the work of a lone nutjob, possibly trying to extort cash from BD. 

Oh, so close. I suppose predicting this attack had a financial motive and that it would be easy to weaponise islamophobia, means I got the gist of it right. 

Not sure if this means Angela Merkel still needs strung up or not though. Maybe one of our alt-right friends could confirm?