Kindle Paperwhite

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

I know there is the now age old argument about books or ereaders "i like the feel of a book" "i like the turning of the pages and how they feel" "i like the smell of a book" however, the paperwhite is a fantastic bit of kit as its just for reading and dont ask me why but i seem to be able to read alot more using this than before, i love the dictionary feature aswell, anyways, anyone else have one at the minute ? if so whats folks thoughts on Kindle Unlimited ? worth the £7.99 a month ? im still in my free trial but not convinced by the library on offer,

On 18/04/2017 at 5:33 PM, mathematics said:

I'm a book guy, but I find myself being drawn more and more to the idea of Kindle. Bastards.

Mate the paperwhite is a class bit of kit for the money, fits in the pocket, take your entire book collection anywhere you go can access the book store on it battery life is counted in weeks and genuinely it makes reading possible where it wasn't before 

always be a place for reading actual books but I reckon the whole point of reading is about the actual reading and anything that makes it easier is good for me 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2017 at 9:22 AM, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

I know there is the now age old argument about books or ereaders "i like the feel of a book" "i like the turning of the pages and how they feel" "i like the smell of a book" however, the paperwhite is a fantastic bit of kit as its just for reading and dont ask me why but i seem to be able to read alot more using this than before, i love the dictionary feature aswell, anyways, anyone else have one at the minute ? if so whats folks thoughts on Kindle Unlimited ? worth the £7.99 a month ? im still in my free trial but not convinced by the library on offer,

I'm not in any way anti kindle, I'm just an old school book man I must admit. I've personally never been tempted by a kindle but anything that helps people read more can only be a good thing in my opinion. I remember when there was a book shop in Titchfield Street (the name escapes me) and both Theodas in Wellbeck Street and WH Smith had a fantastic selection of books- the charity shops have now taken over this role (and you can pick up some great bargains).

I hear you can now have ragged right justification on Kindle. Groundbreaking. One of the things that always annoyed me about Kindle was the spacing between the words.

I don't read too much but i like my Kindle. Especially for taking away on holiday.

• 1 month later...

I was always down on the Kindle, until I received one as a gift.  After feeling obligated to use it I really found out what I had been missing and how useful it was.  From the obvious of carrying less weight to the ease of having multiple books on your person at the same time, and the bonus of all those books being bookmarked, it is a fantastic piece of kit for any voracious reader.  Plus it fits snugly in most jacket pockets.  Without the kindle I cannot imagine a time in life when I could flick from Mick Fleetwood to Nazi Occult tales to Daniel Woodrell in a single journey.  As much as a dick I feel writing that, I still cannot help but extol its virtues.  Brilliant, and better than a tablet for holiday too.

It's a great piece of kit all round.

Slips into your hand luggage for holidays without the need to carry x amount of books which take up valuable space in your suitcase and adds weight to your 'allowance'.

I tend to read most in bed at night with Mrs Gnu tucked up beside me snoring her wee head off, she hates the light on, so I have no problem with the kindle. 

I haven't read a book since getting one for that reason alone.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

It's a great piece of kit all round.

Slips into your hand luggage for holidays without the need to carry x amount of books which take up valuable space in your suitcase and adds weight to your 'allowance'.

I tend to read most in bed at night with Mrs Gnu tucked up beside me snoring her wee head off, she hates the light on, so I have no problem with the kindle. 

I haven't read a book since getting one for that reason alone.

They are perfect for reading when the good lady moans about the light I had the same problem, before buying a kindle I bought a book light but still was a hassle 

Kindle is magic for that