General Election

skygod

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

mmm lets see now with the LIMITED powers available:

• Mitigated the bedroom tax (brought in by Tories which they stole from Labour).
  • NHS outperforming every other region in the UK, and outperforming the previous administrations efforts by some 15-20% in most area's.
  • Free school meals for primary 1-3's
  • Council Tax Freeze
  • Removal of prescription charges
  • Fracking moratorium - now there is a well thought out response to the lack of real powers.
  • New Forth Crossing (much needed which Labour, the Tories and Lob Dem opposed as pointless and unnecessary nonsense!)
  • New Aberdeen western peripheral bypass - needed 25 years ago, being done on the SNP's watch
  • M8/M74 extension works - much needed and again under the SNP watch
  • Shipyards saved
  • Steelworks saved when the Tories abandoned them and labour simply stood outside with plackards!

There's a few little things off the top of my head, and remember this is with almost NO power over the decisions in the country.

can you read? you were asked what the SNP have done that your are not happy with! are you not happy with the above? this whole point was to show that you are balanced (obviously not).

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

can you read? you were asked what the SNP have done that your are not happy with! are you not happy with the above? this whole point was to show that you are balanced (obviously not).

Oh I can read, but decided to try the unionist tactic of paying no attention to the previous post, quoting it and putting down whatever I wanted.  However in the name of being balanced:

• Offensive behaviours act - great intentions, piss poor attempt, with an intransigence at its removal which is embarrassing.
  • Named persons act - see above - fantastic idea, far too heavy handed broad brush strokes approach.
  • Curriculum for excellence round 1 - again great idea, but very heavy on the administrative burden, is working much better now and again they have listened
  • LBTT - awful name but on the whole the levels aren't quite right.
  • Not forging ahead with the local income tax and binning the council tax which is an excuse for labour councils to rip the arse out of things before the freeze.

That enough for you off the top of my head.  however if you do actually look at all of the above, with the exception of the council tax, all have been an attempt to improve things or to fix the utter shambles left for them.  Old saying if you never make a mistake you never make anything.

I can't believe the SNP have wasted time trying to protect children and criminalising bigotry, when they should have been concentrating on the important fox hunting issue. Thank God we have May putting ending the ban at the heart of her election campaign. #strongandstableleadership. 

47 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Why did they ditch 50p a unit? Cause they realised the surge in support of the SNP came from all the jakies in Scotland? 

You don't half talk pish.  The minimum price for alcohol issue is still ongoing as the tory supporting whisky industry decided it was jolly unfair of the government to try and tackle the relationship the people have with alcohol.

7 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Ah mate, you don't even know who big Pete is? Keep up, he's only been an MP for about 16 years. 

Ah my mistake. Usually your childish posts are directed at Nic, I didn't consider you might have meant Peter. Carry on 

Edited by bute-killiefan

13 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Don't think 14 year old lassies need to be asked if they are getting f**ked up the arse in school 

Thankfully you aren't in charge then.

Like it or lump it, plenty of 14 year olds are sexually active (and even younger) so it would be naïve to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist.

There was a boy in my year how had two kids before he was 16.

19 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

mmm lets see now with the LIMITED powers available:

• Mitigated the bedroom tax (brought in by Tories which they stole from Labour).
  • NHS outperforming every other region in the UK, and outperforming the previous administrations efforts by some 15-20% in most area's.
  • Free school meals for primary 1-3's
  • Council Tax Freeze
  • Removal of prescription charges
  • Fracking moratorium - now there is a well thought out response to the lack of real powers.
  • New Forth Crossing (much needed which Labour, the Tories and Lob Dem opposed as pointless and unnecessary nonsense!)
  • New Aberdeen western peripheral bypass - needed 25 years ago, being done on the SNP's watch
  • M8/M74 extension works - much needed and again under the SNP watch
  • Shipyards saved
  • Steelworks saved when the Tories abandoned them and labour simply stood outside with plackards!

There's a few little things off the top of my head, and remember this is with almost NO power over the decisions in the country.

Bob,

I am not sure you understood the question.

You were asked to provide examples of things you didn't like about the SNP.

Do you want to try again to prove your "independence" of thought from the strict party line?

While you are at it are you, amongst others (Maths I am looking at you :2:), going to apologise to McLean and concede that when it comes to falling standards in Scottish schools he actually got one right for a change?

4 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

Bob,

Do you want to try again to prove your "independence" of thought from the strict party line?

While you are at it are you, amongst others (Maths I am looking at you :2:), going to apologise to McLean and concede that when it comes to falling standards in Scottish schools he actually got one right for a change?

Keep up.

13 hours ago, Brianstorm said:

Why did they ditch 50p a unit? Cause they realised the surge in support of the SNP came from all the jakies in Scotland? 

I stayed off all day yesterday, but the last two pages must be the most epic trolling I've ever seen by B. How many yellow and red cards did that get? 

Edited by Mclean07

29 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

Bob,

And the Daily Mail gets it right for once as well........from an official source...

image.jpeg.ed2d100dbca815b03bcf76dbf4215c4e.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sandman396 said:

He said that "our education standards are falling down every league table". I disagreed. I was correct to disagree.

I give a direct counter example for @Sandman396:

Out of the 14 universities in Scotland (I focus on Higher Education as that's where my interest and experience lies - I couldn't possibly comment on primary or secondary schools), eight have improved their league table position over the last year, two have remained in the same position, and three have fallen in the league table.

Source: The Complete University Guide.