AGM

skygod

39 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

do wonder what are the actual reasons behind not appointing a Chairman for such a long time now---given the previous announcements made when Mann was appointed---

-though going on past evidence any reasons given by this MJ led board may not be that truthful ......are BB and Kiltie just waiting for MJ to walk away with his big pension pay off in 2019 or beforehand if he changes his mind--?

There was a comment at the end said jokingly that if TIK raise the money for a seat on the board then you never know they could even be chairman at the next AGM. That might not be too far-fetched, somebody who would take the flak while MJ, Bowie,and Kiltie sit smugly in the background.

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Is the thing Jacko was championing, not simply a way of attracting more grants and funding, as you have charitable status ?

Yes, the impression I got was that we were only one year into having charitable status whereas other clubs had been operating under charitable status longer.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Is there any agreement that the Supporter/Director won't need to sign any type of confidentiality clause so we can be updated on future developments within the boardroom ?

This has never been discussed. 

Have said it on numerous occasions on here over the years, confidentiality clauses make not a jot of difference as to what a director of a company can and cannot do within the terms of their role. 

You can rest assured that communication in both directions will be appropriate within the requirements of a company director.

Agree with Squirrelhumpers point about structure.

I'm not in favour of manager Q&As. By all means have him there and mingling but answering questions from fans is it's own event. 

I like the idea of updates from other parts of the football club. It would be nice if these were more professionally done. The presentations on screen were poor and I think the hotels equipment is a bit dated as it was mentioned a few things were slow or not working. It's right to give these guys a platform to talk and it's unlikely there own events would attract a great deal of punters

The directors should be facing the shareholders. They should be held accountable for what is happening and it builds a relationship with fans. I've never spent time in the company of Bowie or Kiltie but after last night the lasting impression is they are spineless yes men when it comes to the football club. I'd have like to ask Bowie what happened after last years AGM. He made comments along the line of taking a lot of issues away and looking at them. What happened? f**k all.

I think the shareholders have to take a look at how they handle these occasions. Some of the issues brought up are irrelevant or at best trivial. McCulloch was doing his bit last night and the guy at the front was whinging about the programmes not being up to much compared to big teams in England. There's a time and a place for things and people need to realise where and when it is and who to take it to.

Thanks for all the corospondence about last night. So nothing changes then. I agree that the interm manager shouldn't have been there. This will drive more people away from going to games. We are a rudderless ship and I am starting to think they want us relegated to save more money. Oh for got to take my pills. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with the manager being there to give a short presentation on the playing side, made up of his impressions on how the season has went, an overview of where he wants to improve the squad, what youths he sees making a breakthrough this year, maybe even the cheeky snippet of a transfer target or two. 

Not a Q & A session where it is far too easy for mouth pieces to get carried away with their own importance asking stupid question or making stupid points. 

This should be included in some of the stuff shareholders were treated to last night i.e. supporters initiative presentation, update on the work done in the community, financial update, then rounded up by the directors stating how pleased/disappointed they are and how they plan to build on/improve the situation before a structured Q&A.

As a shareholder AGM, there should be the opportunity to submit AOCB questions prior to the meeting but with the submitter being allowed to respond to the answer, rather than just open the floor and allow people to talk s**te, or redirect the topic to their own agenda.

Also if there are questions not answered they should be at least acknowledged as not being answered due to time constraints but a formal response will be circulated to these questions afterwards no later than x period of time. Anything that they can't answer due to confidentiality, should be acknowledged that is the reason there is no answer at this stage. Then the refreshments can be served.

Open honest discussion completed but from what the guys who were there are saying and from what I've read of previous AGM's will be a long time coming before it is implemented at this club. 

If BB is such a great businessman, doesn't he realise that "lending" it money isn't a sustainable way to run the club. 

Either he will call time, like JM did, or our luck will run out and we will be relegated, in which  case he will have seen the last of his money. 

How's hotel doing? Any sign that it's turning around? Bad enough if he's throwing good money after bad with the club, without propping up the hotel too. 

One things for sure - his partner will come up smelling sweet. 

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

If BB is such a great businessman, doesn't he realise that "lending" it money isn't a sustainable way to run the club. 

Either he will call time, like JM did, or our luck will run out and we will be relegated, in which  case he will have seen the last of his money. 

How's hotel doing? Any sign that it's turning around? Bad enough if he's throwing good money after bad with the club, without propping up the hotel too. 

My thoughts as well Skygod,baffling,maybe our board is a Masonic clique.

First time ever at the AGM last night and felt it had been staged managed by the North Koreans, the financial guy, had he been on the wine before it started.? Cringeworthy. Well placed stooges to ask irrelevant questions, everybody was impressed with P Digamo, well not me, spoke about all the things that they are doing out in the community but the one thing that has been a success for nearly 20 years Young Killie he won't engage with no free tickets or stadium tours meet the players for our members we have asked and asked but get nowhere. As for the 2 directors, Waldorf and Stadler spring to mind, the worst comment of the night " the pies are getting cold" Don't think I'll bother next year

44 minutes ago, Billys said:

First time ever at the AGM last night and felt it had been staged managed by the North Koreans, the financial guy, had he been on the wine before it started.? Cringeworthy. Well placed stooges to ask irrelevant questions, everybody was impressed with P Digamo, well not me, spoke about all the things that they are doing out in the community but the one thing that has been a success for nearly 20 years Young Killie he won't engage with no free tickets or stadium tours meet the players for our members we have asked and asked but get nowhere. As for the 2 directors, Waldorf and Stadler spring to mind, the worst comment of the night " the pies are getting cold" Don't think I'll bother next year

We asked for 25 kids tickets for the Ross County match for the boys club I coach & Paul was only too happy to oblige. I'd imagine it's our club secretary who won't allow him to engage with young Killie due to his past transgressions with them,petty or what but is anyone surprised!? Can we put the notion once & forever on here now that Kiltie & Bowie are the good guys,they're up to their necks in it & need removed along with the parasite tho the chances of that happening appear to get slimmer by the day/week/month/year.

A total shambles of a night and was 2hours we will never get back no wonder we are where we are when our agm's are such a joke last year's on an afternoon to try and make it difficult for most of us to attend,the previous years when Michael Johnston bored us all with his how the plastic fantastic was laid and how we should all be thankful to billy Bowie for financing it and when the directors had an opportunity this year to give us something positive they just sat there like two stoogies makes you wonder what their game is and whether Johnston was operating them from afar with a remote control .As has been previously mentioned some amateurs agm's are better organised!

6 hours ago, skygod said:

Hope it's not doing well. The only time I ever frequent the hotel is after the game if I need a piss. I miss on purpose☺

On 5/10/2017 at 10:14 PM, piffer said:

He said not all the loan players will be back next year. This was not expanded on so take from it what you want. At the moment we have 12 or 13 players contracted for next season including Gary Dicker. Seven of these are academy graduates. 

Hes spoken to a couple of players about signing but it's been informal and no names taken to the board

Macdonald, Smith, Osborne, McKenzie, Dicker, K. Boyd, Kiltie, S. Boyd, Frizzell, Taylor - Those are the 10 senior contracted players that I know of, 5 of which are academy graduates (not all recently right enough). Does anyone know who the other 3 bodies at the club are lucky enough to actually have a contract?

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Macdonald, Smith, Osborne, McKenzie, Dicker, K. Boyd, Kiltie, S. Boyd, Frizzell, Taylor - Those are the 10 senior contracted players that I know of, 5 of which are academy graduates (not all recently right enough). Does anyone know who the other 3 bodies at the club are lucky enough to actually have a contract?

I'm thinking we've a clause that triggers in Jones contract. Might be wrong. Hawkshaw? M.Smith?