AGM

skygod

Wasn't very impressed to be honest. 

Trust in Killie presentation was good. Felt a bit luvvy with the directors but they do what they need to to help move this initiative forward

MJ wasn't present purely because he is not facing public engagements after his tragic loss. John Kiltie reiterated there was no other reason.

Figures are one year out of date. I think it worked out they are forecasting circa £500-600k profit for the most recent financial year

Claims commercial income has increased. No evidence on what it has increased from or anything else to back this up

Significant Directors loans which are unsecured. No cash value on these.

The financial presentation was a joke. It was a poor quality PowerPoint presentation. The guy wasn't comfortable speaking to a crowd and he didn't seem to sure what he was allowed to say.

Season Ticket income claimed to be £500k with approx 3200 holders. Reconned on maybe 500-700 walk up per game. To be honest these didn't add up to attendances when you consider away fans.

NO new pitch

No further forward with a chairman

LC 99% got the job

Good TIK presentation and coverage

The Directors said nothing

No price reduction for Saturday

Presentation on youth and Project Brave

And an absolutely horrific presentation from Jim Miller finance guy

Paul Di Giacomo spoke very well about the Community side. For me he was the real positive of the night. We have a guy who is passionate committed and quite clearly working his arse off with a small dedicated team to keep up with other clubs of similar stature and bigger staffs

Paul McDonald also spoke very well. Project Brave is going to shaft us. His indications tonight is the board have said they will back him to make sure we are given elite status. This will involve a lot of job creation and roles for the youths we don't have with the first team.

These guys were positives and it's proof we do have good people pulling in the right direction at the club

Waste of time. I'm not surprised why we are in the state we are in. Bowie and Kiltie just sitting at the top table, nothing said.  Basically we were told if you want the club to be better then go to games cause we're not gonna bother. No plan, no vision, no clue. 

Jig did okay. Basically said he has to work with what he's got but knows they aren't good enough. Don't think he rated Lee Clark much! 

He did say that he thought about giving the singing section a drum to create some atmosphere which was shot down by the majority. To be fair a drum banging would overpower the noise of sweetie wrappers. Why would we want to create an atmosphere anyway?!  

Lee McCulloch spoke pretty well. He prepared a little speech for the start and I don't know about others but I thought it was going to conclude with him knocking back the managers job. I'm still not convinced he wants it.

He took all questions and answered everything.

By the sounds of it Addison and Umerah are gone but the party line is they are still registered.

McCulloch had a few digs at Clark. Training time, Chryo chamber, number of signings, number of loans all spoken about. 

He has spoken to Alan Robertson about coming back. He did not say in what capacity and AR is mulling the offer over 

He wants an intimidating atmosphere back at RP. Wanted to get the younger lads at away games together at home games and get them a drum. The drum idea is not being considered now.

He said Osborne just isn't fit

New development coach will be a club appointment probably Paul McDonald and the board. Said it would be easy for a manager to appoint a pal but that's wrong and this guy has to build relationships with the development team.

He said not all the loan players will be back next year. This was not expanded on so take from it what you want. At the moment we have 12 or 13 players contracted for next season including Gary Dicker. Seven of these are academy graduates. 

Hes spoken to a couple of players about signing but it's been informal and no names taken to the board

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

Hes spoken to a couple of players about signing but it's been informal and no names taken to the board

For all my reservations about him getting the job, would be interesting to see if there's a few from the old rangers boys network that would fancy playing for him. Encouraging that he's planning ahead I suppose. Can't shake the feeling he'll be our Foran. Sounds like a very different summer in prospect. 

Much delayed AGM and nothing said to the shareholders by the two directors of the club who are present. 

A pretty shocking state of affairs. They treat supporters / shareholders with total contempt.

We will never move forward until we have people on the board who actually care about the club. 

McCulloch said he used to come here and it had an intimidating atmosphere (must have been some time ago). Raised the point that other clubs in bottom six had dropped prices, used incentives to increase crowds but neither Bowie nor Kiltie would bite. 

If we ever get a rep on the board he is going to be some kind of miracle worker to bridge the gap between board and fans.

Overall I felt the whole thing was a bit of an embarrassment. 

As I said previously the financial guy didn't appear comfortable in the situation. He made reference to the last AGM he spoke at being five people. Does he have to put the information across or could a better speaker do it? The quality of the presentation wasn't great and some of the tables difficult to read from the back the back of the room.

TIK presentation was more professional and the speakers considerably better and more commanding.

Tonight was a chance for Bowie and Kiltie to make an impression. They looked like nothing more than MJs bitches. The centre of attention was taken away and there was a chance for them to forge a connection. They let it pass them by. Everything tonight was setup to deflect attention away from important issues.

Again there was no allocation of time for Any other business. 

Squirrelhumpers question about appointing a chairman was fobbed off and attention turned to refreshments outside. A complete joke in response to an important issue. 

The whole thing seemed as amateur as a local bowling club AGM. 

They are only in it for their own personal gains they don't even attempt to hide it or go to any great lengths to draw our attentions elsewhere with even half believable plans ......we maybe might get a drum ....... bet Bowie didn't want it as all his pals couldn't talk shop in the new hospitality box they want to build if some annoyance outside was banging away on it 

not a single topic of importance covered no questions answered no changes of any substance looking likely anytime soon and they can't even go to the bother of trying to come across as interested 

and whoever used their opportunity to talk tactics and Gary Dicker is a roaster and is as lost as last years Easter egg 

30 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

and whoever used their opportunity to talk tactics and Gary Dicker is a roaster and is as lost as last years Easter egg 

Sounds like a friend of the board trying to use up time on stupid questions so that the important ones could be avoided. (Wasn't present so just surmising from posts on here)

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Paul Di Giacomo spoke very well about the Community side. For me he was the real positive of the night. We have a guy who is passionate committed and quite clearly working his arse off with a small dedicated team to keep up with other clubs of similar stature and bigger staffs.

PdG always comes across as very enthusiastic and dedicated.

For the record, I think he and his team have been outsourced but I can't remember who employs them now. 

The whole thing sounds a bit grim - one director missing, two who attend are mute and no further forward in appointing a chairman. 

Sounds clueless. We've gone backwards in the past year and it would be justice if a more progressive club took our place in the Premiership. 

Edited by skygod

We are completely leaderless. Any one of the Trust representatives sounded as if they could do a better job than anyone presently on the board. Really good presentation and slides for Trust in Killie, made the accounts guy before look like amateur hour. Impressed by Jacko as well, I bet he is hoping that there is change at the top level of the club. No wonder Johnston felt comfortable not even going this year, he probably knew fine well that his compatriots were going to look like a couple of spare pricks at a wedding, in fact they actually look like they had just crashed the event. The meet the manager chat should be kept for a meet the manager event, its all just opinions and a waste of time for everyone wanting to discuss real issues that are affecting the club. Next year's AGM should be in December when information is more relevant and AOCB should be introduced, even if questions have to be submitted prior to the event. I see no reason to feel encouraged by that show tonight, other than the trust getting involved and Jacko.

BBC version of the AGM. That's a lot of money owed to Bowie.

Kilmarnock have announced at their annual general meeting that sponsor QTS have renewed their six-figure deal for another season.

Earlier this term, the company's managing director suggested the sponsorship could end unless Michael Johnston resigned from Killie's board.

Johnston, the club's company secretary, was absent from Wednesday's AGM.

The Ayrshire club reported that Johnston has not returned to normal duties following his wife's passing.

Interim manager Lee McCulloch addressed shareholders but indicated he would not be drawn on his own position until the club's Premiership status for next season was secured.

However, he did hint that should Killie beat basement club Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Saturday he would consider sitting down with the board with a view to the future.

The Rugby Park club, with three games to play, are six points clear of the Premiership play-off place but cannot finish bottom and be automatically relegated.

Losses reduced

Kilmarnock's accounts for the year ended 30 May 2016 posted a loss of £69,089 - a substantial improvement on the previous year's loss of £724,406.

This was due to a number of factors including compensation received from Uefa for players taking part in Euro 2016, an increase in gate receipts, an increase in commercial income and television revenue from last season's Scottish Cup tie and replay with Rangers.

The forecast for the current financial year suggests a trading profit, taking into consideration finance received from the January sale of forward Souleymane Coulibaly to Egyptian club Al Ahly.

Killie also received compensation from Bury after manager Lee Clark left to join the English League One club, which prompted McCulloch's promotion from the assistant manager's role three months ago.

Ex-Motherwell, Rangers and Scotland player McCulloch has been in charge of Killie since February

The accounts to May 2016 also revealed director Billy Bowie, through his company Billy Bowie Special Projects Limited, once again advanced funds to the club to the tune of £165,000 during the year. That takes the total owing to his company to £888,833.

Killie supporters were also given the opportunity at the AGM to provide a presentation to shareholders promoting their campaign to have a fan-elected director join the board.

The aim of the 'Trust in Killie' campaign, which is led by the Kilmarnock Supporters Society (also known as the Killie Trust) is to raise £100,000 to purchase unallocated shares in the club. Once this is achieved, a supporter will be elected to take a seat on the board.

40 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

Sounds like a friend of the board trying to use up time on stupid questions so that the important ones could be avoided. (Wasn't present so just surmising from posts on here)

I was at meeting and thought the very same. 2 old foggies set up to interrupt the whole event! Hey.     It worked! Ps. I was near the front, and still couldn't see Bowie or Kilties puppet strings.