Give it Jig

Gaffer

43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

With all these attack minded players he signed of course.

We probably are better suited to attacking than defence numbers wise. With Sammon, Boyd, Kiltie, Longstaff, Roberts, Jones, Frizzell and Hawkshaw all involved in recent weeks. We are short of CB cover and defensive minded midfielders. 

McCulloch has steadied the ship but there is a worry that we are fast becoming too predictable. In terms of today I reckon McCann would have known 9/11 players in our staring lineup. Smith could he do two games in 7days after a spell out and would Kiltie come back in. Next week will be the same even though today was a disaster. We need to mix things up a bit but there is a reluctance to do so. 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

We probably are better suited to attacking than defence numbers wise. With Sammon, Boyd, Kiltie, Longstaff, Roberts, Jones, Frizzell and Hawkshaw all involved in recent weeks. We are short of CB cover and defensive minded midfielders. 

McCulloch has steadied the ship but there is a worry that we are fast becoming too predictable. In terms of today I reckon McCann would have known 9/11 players in our staring lineup. Smith could he do two games in 7days after a spell out and would Kiltie come back in. Next week will be the same even though today was a disaster. We need to mix things up a bit but there is a reluctance to do so. 

Apart from Jones, Kiltie maybe Boyd, Sammon do you really think we are awash with attacking options?

I'd say we have more attacking options than defensive at the moment. Nowhere near awash though. 

I do wonder if we'd be better going a bit more attacking. Last week I watched County attack ICT and get a big win. At lunchtime today ICT went with a very attacking line up and got a good win against Accies. 

We are trying to play a defensive counter attacking game with square pegs in round holes. There were times today and last week where Jones was the only one willing to burst forward. Take the reigns off the others and see what they can do.

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Apart from Jones, Kiltie maybe Boyd, Sammon do you really think we are awash with attacking options?

Edited by piffer

20 minutes ago, piffer said:

Kiltie absolutely has to start next week. He is the only player we have who can create and has a bit of vision. 

At times today forward players were bunching up in the box and getting in each others way. Big Longstaff looks like he's lost confidence in himself, times where he had the ball at his feet in front of goal but instead of having a go he just looked at his feet as if he didn't know what to do.(Maybe he's been instructed from the manager Kris I meen Lee not to try too many shots at goal).

Too many times wide players had the ball at feet but instead of trying to do the easy cross in they try some fancy footwork and loose the ball. 

So basically we have a disjointed team of players some with no confidence in their ability and some who think they are Messi. 

Lee McCulloch has made us hard to beat and hopefully gain us safety. However I don't think he has the ability yet as a manage to take us forward. Accepting lack of players of quality particularly in midfield, he doesn't have any idea how to change us during a game. Motherwell at home we dominated first half then they changed it and we had no idea how to counter it. Yesterday again we were totally out played and he couldn't change it. His changes as with his team selectin are predictable, Roberts for Jones is like for like so not a change really. We had Frizzell who is different type but he didn't use him as an example.

If he is appointed I'll support him like many others before him but for me I don't think he's the best choice available based on the evidence so far.

1 hour ago, Tight End #79 said:

Lee McCulloch has made us hard to beat and hopefully gain us safety. However I don't think he has the ability yet as a manage to take us forward. Accepting lack of players of quality particularly in midfield, he doesn't have any idea how to change us during a game. Motherwell at home we dominated first half then they changed it and we had no idea how to counter it. Yesterday again we were totally out played and he couldn't change it. His changes as with his team selectin are predictable, Roberts for Jones is like for like so not a change really. We had Frizzell who is different type but he didn't use him as an example.

If he is appointed I'll support him like many others before him but for me I don't think he's the best choice available based on the evidence so far.

Who do you want who is available, some want Jim Duffy, Morton have taken 4 points from the last 33 available !! Some want Yogi Hughes do me a favour the last Edinburgh Eejit will still gives me nightmares. Yesterday was s**te like a lot of games this season and previous however if you had offered me six points clear with a plus 4 goal difference with 3 games to go at the start of the season especially after the League Cup group stage  I would have taken it and so would most on hear. We could still go down but let's stick together and hope to feck we dont., give it Jig and build again for next season and hopefully improve again Fergie or Mourinho he is not but thankfully he ain't Gary Locke either.

32 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Who do you want who is available, some want Jim Duffy, Morton have taken 4 points from the last 33 available !! Some want Yogi Hughes do me a favour the last Edinburgh Eejit will still gives me nightmares. Yesterday was s**te like a lot of games this season and previous however if you had offered me six points clear with a plus 4 goal difference with 3 games to go at the start of the season especially after the League Cup group stage  I would have taken it and so would most on hear. We could still go down but let's stick together and hope to feck we dont., give it Jig and build again for next season and hopefully improve again Fergie or Mourinho he is not but thankfully he ain't Gary Locke either.

Someone who won't play Boyd for 90 minutes and Stevie Smith as captain!

Yesterday was a great opportunity for Jig to demonstrate his credentials, the Hamilton result went for us, he has yet to win a home game and Dundee were there for the taking. With all these factors I would expect an attacking high tempo performance. Instead it was lifeless and dull, wait and see fitba without variation a massive fail.

52 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

he ain't Gary Locke either.

Are you sure, as he has that I haven't got a clue what to do stance, ie. hand/s in pocket or sittin in the dugout looking around for the answer to swoop down on the back of one of the seagulls.

We were utter dung on Saturday no question, sometimes Ceptic can be utter dung, sometimes Real Madrid can be utter dung. TBH on the day I was disappointed McCulloch could not gee them up at half time. 

Anyone who thought we were going to win all 5 of out post split fixtures is delusional.

Anybody who thinks we can get anybody better than Lee McCulloch to take the management job at present is delusional.

Just thought I would share that.

13 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Yesterday was a great opportunity for Jig to demonstrate his credentials, the Hamilton result went for us, he has yet to win a home game and Dundee were there for the taking. With all these factors I would expect an attacking high tempo performance. Instead it was lifeless and dull, wait and see fitba without variation a massive fail.

This is what went through my mind watching the game. That was probably the fixture left that was most 'normal', ie Caley will be playing like it's their cup final, County game is hopefully a friendly. Saturday was the chance to show us what he can do and it was a big let down. Keeping Boyd on and the reliance on Smith makes me worry there's a bit of an over reliance on experience over doing the best with the tools available. 

3 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Anybody who thinks we can get anybody better than Lee McCulloch to take the management job at present is delusiondelusional. 

Gary Holt would probably take it and probably would be better. Umpteen experienced managers in the lower leagues would jump at it. Always plenty of up and coming Clark types that need to start somewhere. Plenty options. Biggest worry for me is the squad building. Almost literally anyone who has managed for a bit will have more experience signing players and building a team. All the better if they come with connections (Clark and Coulibaly, Mixu and Eremenko...) We are, and it surprises me too, still and attractive proposition for some, especially if still in the Premiership 

33 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Gary Holt would probably take it and probably would be better. Umpteen experienced managers in the lower leagues would jump at it. Always plenty of up and coming Clark types that need to start somewhere. Plenty options. Biggest worry for me is the squad building. Almost literally anyone who has managed for a bit will have more experience signing players and building a team. All the better if they come with connections (Clark and Coulibaly, Mixu and Eremenko...) We are, and it surprises me too, still and attractive proposition for some, especially if still in the Premiership 

Why has Gary Holt not got a job ? Plenty of management jobs and assistants have been available and what has he actually done as a manager except jump ship to be a coach in England .I am sure however much experence a manager has they still sign duds especially if they are dealing in the market we are .What connections does the likes of Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald have that makes there teams better than ours  with a lower budget and both are in there 1st management job .I am sure MaGee has plenty of connections and experence building a team under similar circumstances .Would you take him instead of Jig ? 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

Anybody who thinks we can get anybody better than Lee McCulloch to take the management job at present is delusional.

With the greatest respect, I think that is nonsense.

The last time the job was vacant, we had a shortlist if Lee Clark, Neil Redfearn, Graham Alexander and Mark Cooper. None of them without flaws but each with a varying degree of management experience. This despite people predicting that we would be choosing from the ranks of unemployed managerial flops in Scotland.

Previously, we had shortlists consisting of the likes of Henning Berg, Steve Kean, Thomas Haessler, David Unsworth, Mixu etc.

Why should the best that we can expect be a rookie? Why should Jim Duffy and John Hughes be the extent of our aspirations?

Maybe McCulloch would be the best choice but assuming that he is the best we can expect is defeatist, I think.

7 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Why has Gary Holt not got a job ? Plenty of management jobs and assistants have been available and what has he actually done as a manager except jump ship to be a coach in England .I am sure however much experence a manager has they still sign duds especially if they are dealing in the market we are .What connections does the likes of Tommy Wright or Alan Archibald have that makes there teams better than ours  with a lower budget and both are in there 1st management job .I am sure MaGee has plenty of connections and experence building a team under similar circumstances .Would you take him instead of Jig ? 

Wouldn't like McGhee personally. I think skydogs post says what I was trying to say much more clearly - plenty potential managers. I still won't be angry if it is McCulloch, it just feels like a mistake to me. 

Most people seem to agree that McCulloch has done a reasonable job with very limited playing resources available to him. He would be my choice for the job, but how about this for a safeguard :- Get a Director of Football in, experienced guy who can help with team building and generally help the boss. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, superfan said:

Most people seem to agree that McCulloch has done a reasonable job with very limited playing resources available to him. He would be my choice for the job, but how about this for a safeguard :- Get a Director of Football in, experienced guy who can help with team building and generally help the boss. Just a thought.

Seems the logical thing to do but it involves another wage so probably wont happen 

9 hours ago, skygod said:

OK "delusional" was perhaps a bit of hyperbole but I don't think Lee Clark did anything worthy of note apart from being achieving a slightly better league position than Allan Johnston. Still out both cups at the first hurdle.

We did appear to get some money for Coulibaly but it has not benefited the team. We need someone with some clue about how to get that wee bit extra out of average players. All I hear are the names of the usual proven failures and some wild leaps in the dark.

OK Mixu turned out to be better than I thought but generally our batting average at finding duds is pretty good.   

On the whole I think Lee has done a good job, the main glaring issue though is the inability to change the game when its clearly obvious we are being dominated, we will play crap games, concede crap goals but a few games in Lee's reign Motherwell, Dundee, I thought we looked beat after 5mins as Dundee had us sussed and their was no other plan.

Also Boyd (who i think maybe finished at this level, could maybe be a decent sub) we cant just rattle long balls to him, hes not holding the ball up and nobody is running beyond for flick on headers, the big chap Haber for Dundee played exactly like we want Boyd to play.

One plus point was we instantly look more of a threat when Kiltie plays

14 hours ago, Killiepies said:

he managed 52 games at Falkirk, won 25, drew 11, losing 16, he has spent 3 years coaching the Norwich under 12s to the under 16s prior to that,pretty sure won the youth fa cup with them  then post Falkirk returned to Norwich to gain more coaching experience, Now is looking to get a Head Coach /Manager role but your comment regarding jumping ship is nothing short of ludicrous and to speak of a club legend in every single sense of the word in that manner is bang out of order if it wasn't for players and genuine born and bred Killie fans like him there wouldn't be a club and with Holt he was both of them a fan who got to live his dream and play for the club he loved and not only that lift the Scottish cup and be a part of the clubs history for ever more, he was one of the men that gave me on of the greatest  days in my young life as a Killie fan and for everyone else here their own once in a lifetime day 

show some respect 

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

14 hours ago, skygod said:

The last time the job was vacant, we had a shortlist if Lee Clark, Neil Redfearn, Graham Alexander and Mark Cooper. None of them without flaws but each with a varying degree of management experience. This despite people predicting that we would be choosing from the ranks of unemployed managerial flops in Scotland.

Previously, we had shortlists consisting of the likes of Henning Berg, Steve Kean, Thomas Haessler, David Unsworth, Mixu etc.

Why should the best that we can expect be a rookie? Why should Jim Duffy and John Hughes be the extent of our aspirations?

Maybe McCulloch would be the best choice but assuming that he is the best we can expect is defeatist, I think.

This. See when folk here say they want Jim Duffy or John Hughes my mind boggles

Best manager we have had in recent times was Mixu, both for his contacts and brand of football. yes, we don't know how things would have turned out longer term,if he hadn't jumped ship to Finland in March. However, despite having previously been at Hibs, he was still a bit more 'thinking outside the box'. ie he wasn't a member of the Largs mafia. For the 'Largs set' see Hughes, Duffy etc. It is the type of thinking that saw Jeffries hang on at RP for so long, that we couldn't try something different a la Henning Berg, Thomas Hassler etc.

It has been the way of Scottish football in general for years. Yes, at times some foreign imports have not worked out, but it can provide a breath of fresh air regarding tactics, formations, fitness, engagement with fans etc, to open a job up to applications and see who is interested.

Unfortunately I think Jig fits the bill of a Jeffries/Locke/Hughes/Duffy mould of manager.The usual suspects who come up whenever any vacancy emerges.

At this stage I think we now should be open to applicants and hopefully try that 'something a bit different' which brought us Mixu before. Others will see that as a risk, but the whole club needs a shake up from top to bottom, otherwise, (on the pitch) I fear we will continue to go through the motions