Give it Jig

Gaffer

To be honest since the Chick Young interview I can't help shake the feeling that there has been discussions, a contract has been offered but McCulloch hasn't signed it yet for some reason. Be it he sees his future elsewhere or he is seeking assurances from the board that haven't been made yet.

There is something that I just can't put my finger on that seems strange about the whole situation, and as frustrating as it is waiting on confirmation one way or another I suppose we can be thankful that if something is going on at least it is behind closed doors rather than it splashed all over the press making the club look bad again. 

The latest news - there is no news....

Lee McCulloch is waiting by his phone to discuss his Kilmarnock future.

The caretaker boss held off talks with Rugby Park chiefs until after the club’s Ladbrokes Premiership fate was decided. But five days on from claiming the win over Inverness which guarantees them a 25th straight season in Scotland’s top division, he has yet to meet with the Killie directors.

McCulloch admits Saturday’s final game of the season at home to Ross County could be his last in charge.

He said: “I’ve not heard one thing, so as far as I’m aware I’ll take the team on Saturday and then see how it goes.

“I’ve always said from day one I’d love to sit down with the board and talk.

“I don’t know (if I’ll hear from the board soon). Saturday is the last day of the season, tomorrow is the last training day, so I’ll just wait and see if my phone rings.”

Asked if there was a danger a delay in confirming his appointment could hamper his ability to plan his squad for next season, he replied: “That’s one way to put it. If and when I get the call we’ll sit down and talk.”

McCulloch has already done enough in the eyes of many to merit the job after skilfully guiding his team away from the threat of relegation in the wake of Lee Clark’s surprise departure to Bury in February.

He could strengthen his case further if Killie can grab the win over County which would see them finish seventh.That’s an all the more impressive feat given their worrying start to the campaign after Clark ripped up last season’s squad and brought in 16 new signings.

“We got beat off of Albion Rovers in the League Cup back in August, so there was a concern,” admitted McCulloch. “When you are bringing that many bodies together it always takes time to gel. “But right now the lads are playing for each other as a unit. The togetherness in the dressing room is brilliant.”

(The Scotsman)

They say that the most important relationship at a club is that between the manager and the chairman.

The fact that we have neither shows what a basket case we are.

Edited by skygod

“I don’t know (if I’ll hear from the board soon). Saturday is the last day of the season, tomorrow is the last training day, so I’ll just wait and see if my phone rings.”

IF Mcculloch is to be believed then this situation is so bizarre  --- and could lead yet again to a unprepared start to a new season 

15 minutes ago, skygod said:

The latest news - there is no news....

Lee McCulloch is waiting by his phone to discuss his Kilmarnock future.

The caretaker boss held off talks with Rugby Park chiefs until after the club’s Ladbrokes Premiership fate was decided. But five days on from claiming the win over Inverness which guarantees them a 25th straight season in Scotland’s top division, he has yet to meet with the Killie directors.

McCulloch admits Saturday’s final game of the season at home to Ross County could be his last in charge.

He said: “I’ve not heard one thing, so as far as I’m aware I’ll take the team on Saturday and then see how it goes.

“I’ve always said from day one I’d love to sit down with the board and talk.

Asked if there was a danger a delay in confirming his appointment could hamper his ability to plan his squad for next season, he replied: “That’s one way to put it. If and when I get the call we’ll sit down and talk.”

McCulloch has already done enough in the eyes of many to merit the job after skilfully guiding his team away from the threat of relegation in the wake of Lee Clark’s surprise departure to Bury in February.

He could strengthen his case further if Killie can grab the win over County which would see them finish seventh.That’s an all the more impressive feat given their worrying start to the campaign after Clark ripped up last season’s squad and brought in 16 new signings.

“We got beat off of Albion Rovers in the League Cup back in August, so there was a concern,” admitted McCulloch. “When you are bringing that many bodies together it always takes time to gel. “But right now the lads are playing for each other as a unit. The togetherness in the dressing room is brilliant.”

(The Scotsman)

They say that the most important relationship at a club is that between the manager and the chairman.

The fact that we have neither shows what a basket case we are.

...errmmm, I know it doesn't fit the saviour storyline but, Lee Clark left us in 6th. position in the SPL ?

getting sick of this now an absoute disgusting state of affairs and the lack of respect shown not only to the fans but to McCulloch, if he is not hiding anything and they havent said a single word to him, it really does leave you perplexed and thats putting it lightly.

its not as if they're busy preparing to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the Scottish Cup win or appointing a new Chairman or in fact doing anything

absolute joke

you never know maybe they have Claudio Ranieri lined up

3 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Does anyone know if the board have had, or have even invited, applications for the position.

If they don't have a plan B in place then you'd have to question their business acumen. 

i think it has been realised long ago that the 3 blind mice in charge have zero understanding of business acumen.  They are probably still hanging about the herbs and spices aisle in Tesco looking for it next to the curry and chilli powder.

Don't know what to say.

MJ is entitled to grieve and take as long as he wants doing so. I would hope the reason for the managerial shambles is not because he is off work. 

I struggle to believe that McCulloch hasn't spoken to the board. Yet I have no reason to doubt him. Surely they should be keeping him up to date with what's happening.

43 minutes ago, piffer said:

Don't know what to say.

MJ is entitled to grieve and take as long as he wants doing so. I would hope the reason for the managerial shambles is not because he is off work. 

This is what I was wondering. With him being off it looks like the running of the club has come to a standstill. Quite embarrassing 

10 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

This is what I was wondering. With him being off it looks like the running of the club has come to a standstill. Quite embarrassing 

He must have soken with the board, he will need to know if he is coming back for next season! Either that or he will clear his desk after the last game. Perhaps nothing is finalised sufficiently for our ears but they must know between them what is happening.

Why look at Dobie during the week with a view to signing him if he has no remit for next year?

I'm sorry but MJs personal tragedy however horrific for him should not affect the running of the football club to this extent 

aye he will be going through a traumatic time that he has mine and I'm sure every other fans condolences but that should never in month of Sunday's mean it can be used as a reason for a delay in dealing with not only the management situation but all other issues at the club

28 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

I'm sorry but MJs personal tragedy however horrific for him should not affect the running of the football club to this extent 

aye he will be going through a traumatic time that he has mine and I'm sure every other fans condolences but that should never in month of Sunday's mean it can be used as a reason for a delay in dealing with not only the management situation but all other issues at the club

Absolutely agree wholeheartedly mate

34 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Yup. Delegation is our friend. If MJ wants to take this amount of time off, fine, but he needs to then be communicating with others so that the club doesn't suffer (lol)

31 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

The guy is milking it to the extreme,I had a post on this same subject removed yesterday,WHY.

Many Killie fans will have gone through the same circumstances this past year and got on with life,why not HIM.

26 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

It's a bloody joke that nothing has happened yet once again we will be lagging behind as usual. Our patience is getting tested do they know how to alienate the fans. GET IT  SORTED Now!!!!!

Think our patience is now well beyond tested  about 3 years ago. Really nothing suprises me anymore mate