Give it Jig

Gaffer

44 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

As I have said before NO thanks especially after todays performance, and I'm no talking about the players. Jig just stood there hands in pocket or sittin in the dugoot giving no advice or instruction, McCann changed their shape and Lee dudn't have a clue. Get somebody else in now so they can start to build for next season. (Ok I haven't a clue who but somebody with some passion and a clue)

Said on the radio he "knew after 3 mins we weren't at it today" obviously he felt there was no point in trying to do anything about a lost cause. Inspiring stuff.

23 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Unless that is taken totally out of context that does not sound like the words of a guy who wants the job...

As noted somewhere in this thread his "in game" changes of tactics or personnel have been generally unimpressive and if that quote is accurate he's more or less saying he doesn't know what to do. Honest perhaps but really not inspiring

He said he turned and said to someone after 3 minutes (might have been Peter leven ) that he could tell we weren't at it. We haven't been training well this week and he puts it down to complacency. Appalling lack of professionalism from everyone concerned. Unbelievable really, we deserve better than this s**t year in year out.

Edited by Killie lad

27 minutes ago, Bigbill said:

McCann was on the pitch watching the lads warming up. He may have noticed then that they weren't "on their game" and set up accordingly. 

This is the kind of thing McCulloch should be doing.

Noticed this. He stood and watched us warm up for 10minutes or so. Then he went back over to his own players and started urging them to pick up the pace and give him more just in the warm up.

Will be interested to see how the Management situation is handled in the lead up and at this week's AGM....or if they now choose not to have the usual presentation / report by the Football Manager about on the field issues and future plans .....

If we had got a result today would not been that surprised if McCulloch had been confirmed as permanent Manager before the AGM .... .....

Gary Holt please.  Lee has kept the ship steady but has a lot of learning to do, better gained as an assistant somewhere I feel. Hasn't demonstrated enough tactical awareness/ ability to manage a game, or react to opponents nullifying our game plan. Would have a concern he has not demonstrated he has distanced himself from being 'one of lads' aka Locke, to taking more difficult decisions around having an alternative to Boyd (hero, but now done, sorry) or Smith. Lee's been given plenty opportunity and support from the board but for me hasn't made the most of it. There are so many  candidates out of a job just now, who are far better connected to access players and connect with the fans. Not just nice guys. Which brings me back to Gary Holt.  We have nothing to lose by giving him a go. And <potentially> everything to gain.

Edited by KevinS

I'm sure I said this earlier in the thread but we need someone who can set up and put in a plan to win at home. We have had three home wins all season which is pathetic. I'm old enough to remember part time Killie teams who had long unbeaten home runs in the top league - why can't full time well paid players do the same?

(In the interests of accuracy I should say it's not that many!)

Yes we weren't at our best today and Jig was partly to blame because of that. But anyone who thinks that another manager who we could afford would have done much better than Lee has so far needs to get a reality check. A combination of injuries and crap signings have led to us playing 2 midfielders at centre back, our only fit defensive midfielder being stevie smith, and our best striker being a 33 year old Kris Boyd. McCulloch has steadied the ship well and given us a platform to build on. A combination of players like Kiltie and Scott Boyd getting back to full fitness and some decent summer signings with Lee at the head should see us getting better results and performances next season.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Obviously just in the infancy of watching Killie then, seen a lot worse than that mate.

I've seen some poor performances over my 47 years, that was pathetic today.  Obviously people gauge it with different filters but for me today was abysmal my friend..   

4 minutes ago, findlayc1869 said:

Yes we weren't at our best today and Jig was partly to blame because of that. But anyone who thinks that another manager who we could afford would have done much better than Lee has so far needs to get a reality check. A combination of injuries and crap signings have led to us playing 2 midfielders at centre back, our only fit defensive midfielder being stevie smith, and our best striker being a 33 year old Kris Boyd. McCulloch has steadied the ship well and given us a platform to build on. A combination of players like Kiltie and Scott Boyd getting back to full fitness and some decent summer signings with Lee at the head should see us getting better results and performances next season.

Hallelujah someone who speaks sense and doesn't live in cuckoo land where after all these years of mismanagement from the board we are still expected to be challenging for greater expectations.

3 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I've seen some poor performances over my 47 years, that was pathetic today.  Obviously people gauge it with different filters but for me today was abysmal my friend..   

Been watching for 42 years solid and yes it wasn't good but come on certainly wasn't the worst.