Hospitality box

Dillinger

It's a good thing having the hospitality box, hopefully this is for wider use by all......

Also think it's high time the club and sponsors thought about providing a lift (perhaps built on to the FB at the Moffat end) to give disabled fans the chance to see the games from higher up (and dryer) vantage point. Has the KFCSA tabled this with the club already? I was in the disabled area at Parkhead with my dad at the Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony rehearsal and their area (top of the lower tier) is quite superb, easy access to catering, toilets and a lift, much credit to Celtic for investing in this.....

I was just assuming this was bought and paid for by QTS as well...but I've been categorically assured its not. Not that I was bothered either way, if Alan McLeish wanted to pay for it every week then who are we to refuse the sponsorship money?

This is being built by our club under our own steam and its also one of the things they've been talking to the Trust about...ideas of how to decorate and market it...apparently there is room for around 180 and if it goes down well there could be an option to extend. Just shows you, assume nothing, question everything. Maybe we should be approaching the likes of Alan M and seeing if he'd like it to be called the QTS Hospitality Suite (for a healthy fee)...or would it be better calling it after a club legend?

Talking to Trust chairman Jim T today and it looks like we will be getting the tea bars etc. tarted up before the start of the season and the club will be looking for us to coral some help for that. Jim reckons it would be a good touch to 'theme' them the way some other club's do, again honouring some past heroes. Sound like a plan?

11 minutes ago, baz said:

I was just assuming this was bought and paid for by QTS as well...but I've been categorically assured its not. Not that I was bothered either way, if Alan McLeish wanted to pay for it every week then who are we to refuse the sponsorship money?

This is being built by our club under our own steam and its also one of the things they've been talking to the Trust about...ideas of how to decorate and market it...apparently there is room for around 180 and if it goes down well there could be an option to extend. Just shows you, assume nothing, question everything. Maybe we should be approaching the likes of Alan M and seeing if he'd like it to be called the QTS Hospitality Suite (for a healthy fee)...or would it be better calling it after a club legend?

Talking to Trust chairman Jim T today and it looks like we will be getting the tea bars etc. tarted up before the start of the season and the club will be looking for us to coral some help for that. Jim reckons it would be a good touch to 'theme' them the way some other club's do, again honouring some past heroes. Sound like a plan?

Monty's T-bar. Given his history in the 'catering' business.

Big eff off posters of Big D, Gary Holt, Eddie Morrison. A double sized, widescreen one for Willie Watters. And, of course, our lord & saviour Dylan Kerr.

Themed food. The Gary T*ll*n hot dog. It's sh*te too etc etc.

12 minutes ago, baz said:

Jim reckons it would be a good touch to 'theme' them the way some other club's do, again honouring some past heroes. Sound like a plan?

I look forward to buying my pie from the Gary McSwegan Pie Stand next season.

How about the Freddie Dindeloos as well? 

Pasca's pizza slice .........

re the "box" ....just hope the club sees a good degree of revenue and overall profit from the cost of building this ......will be interesting to see how the catering contract for it is done and how it differs from the arrangement with the hotel for the park suite.

So is this hospitality box going to replace the current comfy seats area? or is it in addition. If it seats 180 then technically we won't be reducing the capacity too much.

Personally i'd be trying to make the match day experience better for the average fan first, the tea bars thing is a nice touch.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, kfcsmithers said:

Does anyone know how the construction of the new box is coming along ?

Was in last Tuesday. Basically still looked like the photo. Don't know if the whole shebang is being done in the oner, but the 1st 3 blocks of that back section will be boxes. The press might need to re-employ Gillon Carruthers to see round the edge of the boxes nearest the press area.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

How was this looking on Saturday, any further development other than chairs being removed?

Nothing more than the photo above. There have also been a significant number of seats removed from the Killie side of the directors box

• 7 months later...