Summer Scouting Report

skygod

32 minutes ago, Cocard And His Dog said:

Draper, Meekings and Stockley would be my ideal yet realistic  signings this summer.

Draper and Meekings are decent players who have been grossly mismanaged by Richie "I can spout s**te with the best of them but as for winning fitba matches I can't do that" Foran and Stockley has that nasty streak we've not seen in a Killie strip since Kevin Kyle.

Woodman

Hendrie Meekings Ajer Taylor

Jones Draper Dicker Kiltie

Sammon Stockley

A bit Pulisy but far too often we've been bullied over the past few years and in Jones and Kiltie we have the flair players.

You would keep Sammon ? 

13 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I'm gonna get pelters for this.....

David Templeton? 

After some wilderness years looks to be getting back to the player he was.

I'll go and put my tin hat on now :15:

I think he's a decent player who just needs a proper pre season in order to get back to his best. I think he would be a solid addition to the team. I would also take both Draper and Meekings and if possible Nick Ross from Dundee. If we could get them and bring back Ajer, Hendrie plus two decent strikers we would not be that far away from having a good team.       

I was one who was in favour of signing Draper. I've watched ICT three times since the split and he's been rotten. Not convinced it's completely his fault as he has a clueless manager who has deployed him as a sub in a game they were never in, a defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder, target man, second striker, wide player all in the last three games. Under Butcher and Hughes he formed a solid midfield with Tansey. If we could rediscover that player I'd sign him. If we were getting the player who got put on his arse by Frizzell then no thanks.

Based on last night I'd let Sammon go. If he was to stay I would deploy him in the wide role he has mainly played for us this season. For a striker his defensive play has been better than his attacking. 

Meekings is a cracking player. Not sure we'd be anywhere near the front of the queue. Does he have injury issues. He never seems to be fit. Would our park further enhance that?

There are plenty of good players out there. Whoever the new manager is quickly has to decide on a style of play and get the players in to suit that style

3 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

So you're saying he's pish but in the same breath that he's the best we have had? As I said lay aff the drugs. 

Still never answered my question, what level have you played the game at?

Don't to be cheeky it's my opinion that some of kfc supporters are happy with what we have watched over the last few years and JJ has been a bit better since I have gave my view on him , but good players are consistent and we don't have that .As for willo flood very rarely loses possession and always looking to make a forward pass and I think big Ross drapper is a decent player and very underrated in the premiership and did you notice JJ pass which let Motherwell kill the game a simple pass in front of McKenzie, no plays it behind him .Game over . And this isnt about me our you it's about our club improving instead of the s**te we've had to watch , I've been there for 45 years and I know when we had a good team,and the difference between good player and a bad one 

36 minutes ago, Cocard And His Dog said:

On Sky Sports Transfer Centre it's saying Gregg Wylde's a free agent having left Millwall, played under McCulloch at the Oldco, exactly the sort of signing I'd expect from McCulloch.

Oh please god no... 

24 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Don't to be cheeky it's my opinion that some of kfc supporters are happy with what we have watched over the last few years and JJ has been a bit better since I have gave my view on him , but good players are consistent and we don't have that .As for willo flood very rarely loses possession and always looking to make a forward pass and I think big Ross drapper is a decent player and very underrated in the premiership and did you notice JJ pass which let Motherwell kill the game a simple pass in front of McKenzie, no plays it behind him .Game over . And this isnt about me our you it's about our club improving instead of the s**te we've had to watch , I've been there for 45 years and I know when we had a good team,and the difference between good player and a bad one 

If JJ keeps developing the way he is at present, I can see him moving on come the January transfer window for a decent fee.... If that's the case, would you back down and admit you got it wrong ?

If Flood is as good as you say, Why has he played a full season in the Championship where Dundee Utd have struggled for periods throughout the year?

We are all fully aware the quality of player at RP in the past was superior but we have to live in present times not the past.

Edited by C4mmy31
Spelling

44 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

You were the one starting with the wee snide comments, making out as if you were the only person who could see a good player. 

Willo flood is playing for a championship team because that's his level. 

Speaking of levels, which level have you played the game at?

20 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

You were the one starting with the wee snide comments, making out as if you were the only person who could see a good player. 

Willo flood is playing for a championship team because that's his level. 

Speaking of levels, which level have you played the game at?

Decent level but you will not be judging me ,I leave that to people who know me anyway we need a manager with vision and then people will go back to RP  ,When there is a bit of excitement and anticipation,the last time was under mixu and I tell you this somebody on the board who has an idea of the game would help ,nobody there played at all and they pick the manager and then it's there signings  

1 minute ago, casual observer said:

John McGinn's had 2 years (at least) now in the Championship, same as Kenny Miller, Lee Wallace, Fraser Fyvie and others, does that mean that's there level too. Don't be so simplistic and silly!

Lee Wallace is a grass...

20 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Decent level but you will not be judging me ,I leave that to people who know me anyway we need a manager with vision and then people will go back to RP  ,When there is a bit of excitement and anticipation,the last time was under mixu and I tell you this somebody on the board who has an idea of the game would help ,nobody there played at all and they pick the manager and then it's there signings  

You go on the board then mate. How many keepy uppies can you dae?

2 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Lee Wallace is a grass...

Whit the gers  players were in that league because the cheated and were loyal to there club c'mon give me better examples and John mcginn has quality in abundance and is that the same Frazer fyfie who got hooked in the semi-final after 30 mins and wisnt good enough at Aberdeen 

Cammy Bell, Darren McGregor, David Gray, Jason Cummings, Stevie Mallan, Will Flood, Greg Stewart, Kane Hemings have all had 2 or more years in the Championship (or lower). All would be have been regulars in our team over the last 3-4 years along with plenty others. We can't kid ourselves on that we shouldn't be looking at the lower leagues to pick up quality as well as promoting youth and looking farther afield.

16 minutes ago, aldo said:

ive seen flood numerous times on alba this season, and on every occasion he has been utterly rotten. there might be plenty of championship players who would do a job in the premier, but flood aint one of them

Ok you name them then seeing your an Alba man any morton players ? They gave us a lesson on how to keep the ball already this season aye and Albion rovers and who else Berwick rangers seen this season coming then and they are even good enough to get on alba 

46 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Cammy Bell, Darren McGregor, David Gray, Jason Cummings, Stevie Mallan, Will Flood, Greg Stewart, Kane Hemings have all had 2 or more years in the Championship (or lower). All would be have been regulars in our team over the last 3-4 years along with plenty others. We can't kid ourselves on that we shouldn't be looking at the lower leagues to pick up quality as well as promoting youth and looking farther afield.

You're not getting it. No one is saying that there aren't players of good quality in the championship, we are saying Flood isn't one of those players. 

The championship is his level. That doesn't mean that everyone in the championship is stuck at that level and will never be good enough to play at a higher level.