General election not re-visited.

gdevoy

To Mods: I take it this thread has been closed because of the level of personal abuse being thrown back and forward.

That's a shame because it was also an interesting forum to gauge opinion and I was trying to let the personal nonsense just fly over my head, although it was becoming a bit taxing.

Oh well, never mind, back to the completely unbiased platform that is the BBC I suppose.

Given that the people in England and Wales are going to have to lay out big time for care costs and they don't get free prescriptions, I wonder how long they'll tolerate giving us a handout of nine billion pounds a year to keep us nice and comfy.

I think we should keep our heads down and and hope they don't notice. We are one lucky nation. Be careful what you wish for. If it was the other way round there would be hell to pay.

55 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Given that the people in England and Wales are going to have to lay out big time for care costs and they don't get free prescriptions, I wonder how long they'll tolerate giving us a handout of nine billion pounds a year to keep us nice and comfy.

I think we should keep our heads down and and hope they don't notice. We are one lucky nation. Be careful what you wish for. If it was the other way round there would be hell to pay.

hahahahaha

45 minutes ago, Brianstorm said:

Completely agree. Better together epitomised. 

Yup, how lucky are they to spend billions on bombing folk each year instead of on offer pre prescriptions etc. Shame on Holyrood for using their budget on stuff that might benefit people.

Makes you proud to be part of these great islands.

If Scotland is such a drain on the UK I'm sure they'd be happy for us to leave.

Better Together Epitomised? Give me a break.
Edited by Squirrelhumper

I actually can't think why they wouldn't just give us full fiscal autonomy for a laugh. The best measurements, agreed with by most leading economists, show we gave a fifteen billion shortfall between revenues and expenditure. On top of that, with exactly the same challenges as rUK, the SNP have somehow managed to have us one quarter off being officially in recession, unlike any part of the UK.

I wouldn't trust them to run the pie stalls at Rugby Park, never mind trust my grandchildren's future to them. ( mind you, there having a good go at ruining that anyway, with their education record ).

PS Wings over Scotland think Scotland's finances are fine. 

Just now, Mclean07 said:

I actually can't think why they wouldn't just give us full fiscal autonomy for a laugh. The best measurements, agreed with by most leading economists, show we gave a fifteen billion shortfall between revenues and expenditure. On top of that, with exactly the same challenges as rUK, the SNP have somehow managed to have us one quarter off being officially in recession, unlike any part of the UK.

I wouldn't trust them to run the pie stalls at Rugby Park, never mind trust my grandchildren's future to them. ( mind you, there having a good go at ruining that anyway, with their education record ).

Mclean - give it a rest with this bollox.  firstly the 15 billion is made up s**te, your most leading economists comments is laughable and include the likes of Kevin Hague, and the daily express!  The one quarter from recession pish likewise comes from the BBC and while Scotland may face the same challenges as rUK they do not have any of the economic levers the rUK have cos Labour worked against that in the smith commission.  As for full fiscal autonomy - this wouldn't work without the proper powers and labour as I've said already work against this everytime.

The Tories don't need the BBC to spread their propaganda when muppets like you are around, you lap it up and gleefully repeat their s**te ad nauseam as if it is the gospel truth.  however when you scratch the surface of their numbers, stories and facts it all unravels very quickly and easily.

Responsibility and accountability without authority is pointless - but then you know that and are simply being an arse.

Been thinking about this election and how I'd much prefer Labour to win, and am considering casting my vote for them. However, having them win relies on the hope that the voters in England also choose labour. This just seems daft to me, having to rely on the whims of the English electorate. 

Independence means we get the government we vote for. Simple as that. McLean seems to make these assumptions that Independence couldn't work because the SNP are inept. Who says the SNP would still be the party in power in an Indy Scotland? I for one wouldn't vote for them.

Just a thought this morning whilst eating my pancakes

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

No doubt you will have secured your grandchildrens future setting up nice wee insurance policies and getting a nice wee earner for doing so. Let's hope they don't go tits up like previous Endowment policies have.

28 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Who says the SNP would still be the party in power in an Indy Scotland? I for one wouldn't vote for them.

Any other parties would first have to be registered in Scotland, which they're not at present.

The history of UK parties in Ireland, suggests the UK parties would quickly go down the tubes in an independent Scotland and be replaced with something else.

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas - which is probably why they're so vehemently opposed to independence in the first place.

1 hour ago, Mcilroy56 said:

No doubt you will have secured your grandchildrens future setting up nice wee insurance policies and getting a nice wee earner for doing so. Let's hope they don't go tits up like previous Endowment policies have.

Silly nonsense....Business Banking was squeaky clean of course!!

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Fair enough. It's simply direct quotes from your own Party.

As GERS are the only numbers we have all parties must to some extent accept their presence.  Doesn't mean they are anymore accurate, than me or you sticking our fingers in the air and shouting out random numbers though.

Anyway f**k politics the wicked wank is dead, truce for today MJ has left the building.  So happy I could almost kiss you!  That's how momentous the past hour or so has been.

Not at all. Everyone who wanted a guarantee got one. I've got no 

3 minutes ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Of course it was where I was concerned, and where did I intimate that you did anything wrong, or is that guilt talking

Getting personal as usual. I've got no insurance policies ( apart from the pooling of resources of the UK ). 

19 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

As GERS are the only numbers we have all parties must to some extent accept their presence.  Doesn't mean they are anymore accurate, than me or you sticking our fingers in the air and shouting out random numbers though.

Anyway f**k politics the wicked wank is dead, truce for today MJ has left the building.  So happy I could almost kiss you!  That's how momentous the past hour or so has been.

I love you, Beaker........Vote SNP!!

7 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Not at all. Everyone who wanted a guarantee got one. I've got no 

Getting personal as usual. I've got no insurance policies ( apart from the pooling of resources of the UK ). 

I knew you would take the injured sole as usual, you inferred that I was part of a 'corrupt' business banking, but then that is your style. Now be a good boy and get back to your wee red book of lies.