well (a) Fred 16/05

CB

Hopefully finish the season with a win , but as said previously we have been working with a small squad for months with very limited options to change things, even if McCulloch was up to make the necessary tactical changes during a game 

there badly needs some quality summer recruits 

4 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

A lot of work needing done over the break. Can't keep going like this every close season.

We'll be in big trouble next year if accies go down and Dutd come up with hibs. Our 'tactics' of hoping someone is worse than us won't work next year. 

Edited by Killie lad

23 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

How many times is that now under McCulloch? Opposition make a tactical change and we are totally undone. Difference first half and second is criminal. 

This is the reason I'm hoping he doesn't get the job. He's feckin murder, he even admitted himself that he didn't like making changes during games, that's where good managers keep their team in the game. McCulloch for me still has these things to learn, but to be honest he should know this as he was an experienced player. I think, IMO, he is a good assistant but that is and will be his level.

1 minute ago, Isle of Wight Exile said:

Roberts any less useless coming on?

Nothing of substance at all. Quite frustrated a young player didn't get the chance instead.

Once again the decision to take off Wilson completely destroyed the midfield. Jig isn't learning his lesson in these games. Big, noisy away support deserved better. Keep feeling like I did under Locke at the end of games - a proper manager and we would have won that. 

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Some of the best attacking football all season. Shambles at the back. Really enjoying this 

43 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

How many times is that now under McCulloch? Opposition make a tactical change and we are totally undone. Difference first half and second is criminal. 

If anyone ever asked how does it feel to support a team like Killie i would just show them this 

Two of the 3 most "experienced" players on the park were absolutely shocking tonight, Sammon can go back to Hearts tomorrow for all the good he done, never won a header, couldn't pass water and his control when played into his feet was a disgrace. Don't even get me started on that wage thief Stevie Smith.

45 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Nothing of substance at all. Quite frustrated a young player didn't get the chance instead.

Once again the decision to take off Wilson completely destroyed the midfield. Jig isn't learning his lesson in these games. Big, noisy away support deserved better. Keep feeling like I did under Locke at the end of games - a proper manager and we would have won that. 

Roberts has offered nothing in any game. Was certainly a waste of time brining him on, I agree it would have been better to bring on one of our own youngsters. 

Wasn't Wilson taken off with only 10 minutes or so left? I'm not sure that would have a key difference. 

Not really a game to judge McCulloch on, he's got the job done with two games to spare and Motherwell were the team that needed the result tonight. The young and inexperienced bench shows that we are down to the bare bones in terms of fit players. Everyone can see that the squad will need strengthened over the summer. 

I had a passing thought when I saw tonight's line up that given the choice after Sammons performance on Saturday if Tyson was still here and given Boyd is injured and we had to pick between  Sammon & Tyson would I have preferred Tyson?

That's how poor he was on Saturday and I didn't hold out much hope that any goals would come from him tonight 

Disappointing given his cult hero status he earned from his first spell here it looks like he may have put a wee stain on that when we talk about him down the line 

id rather not remember when he came back and wasn't very good 

22 minutes ago, historyman said:

Not really a game to judge McCulloch on, he's got the job done with two games to spare and Motherwell were the team that needed the result tonight. The young and inexperienced bench shows that we are down to the bare bones in terms of fit players. Everyone can see that the squad will need strengthened over the summer. 

I'm in two minds about that. For me, the Dundee and Motherwell games were the two that best show routine competitive games. If that's the case, it's two big fails. But I totally take the point that it meant much more to those teams than it did to us, and that has to play a role. Annoyingly, what's frustrated me tonight is that they showed in the first half that they were up for it and could compete. To start from there and go down feels worse somehow. 

First half I thought our young boys were excellent. Second half it was men against boys. We let ourselves down for the first goal. For their second I'm not convinced it was a free kick. Looked a clean tackle and a corner from the top tier we were in. Third was a shambles. Defence was all over the place tonight. First half our midfield were superb. Second half they were forced to play twenty yards closer to their own goal and couldn't control the game. 

Not sure it was McCullochs failure tonight. Well changed it and took a RB off and put another attacker on. We struggled to deal with his pace and it put us on the backfoot. There wasn't anything in our team or bench to counter that. We seriously lack strength in depth.

On top of that as has been said already two of the three experienced players on the park let us down badly. Sammon was anonymous for the whole game. It must have taken Smith 20minutes to find a Killie player with a pass. After a decent turn on Saturday he was terrible tonight.

• CB unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Two of the 3 most "experienced" players on the park were absolutely shocking tonight, Sammon can go back to Hearts tomorrow for all the good he done, never won a header, couldn't pass water and his control when played into his feet was a disgrace. Don't even get me started on that wage thief Stevie Smith.

Just back from the match and couldn't agree more with this. Sammon has no idea on how to lead the line and couldn't trap a bag of cement. Steve Smith must be colour blind as he seemed almost incapable of simply passing 20 yards directly to someone in a blue jersey. WTF was Jamie Mac wearing tonight. Looked like he was wearing training kit as his name wasn't even on his back! Maybe he's not being given any new strips with a view to next season?