Andy Millen

Killieboy64

Two promising talents have left the club recently - Scott McLean and Lewis Morrison.

They may go on to have good careers elsewhere but, as far as Killie are concerned, they are a loss.

We don't know why they were released but there has been talk in Morrison's case at least of an attitude problem. If that is the type of thing that Millen can eliminate and we don't lose promising talents in the future, he will have been a success.

On Thu May 18 2017 at 10:30 AM, historyman said:

Can't understand the continued outrage to Millen. It was a long time ago and my memory of events is a bit hazy but he wasn't the first player to want to leave to go to a bigger club and he won't be the last.
He was a very good professional and would be a good role model for young players. If he is also a decent coach then why wouldn't we offer him a position?

Got to agree excellent footballer was different class for us and he helped us get to the premier league and stay there just the kind of footballing brain we need great assett for the club

Hopefully he will use his own experiences (good and bad) to good effect when coaching and advising the kids. He probably saw his potential move to Celtic as an opportunity to make himself some serious cash as well as playing for a fantastic manager in Tommy Burns. Where did make a mistake was to speak on TV on the morning of a game v Celtic. Interestingly in the modern game(due to the influence of agents) he would probably have got his move to Celtic and wouldn't have been allowed to speak out the way he did.  

Welcome back Andy.Start off winning the fans over by saying the biggest mistake you made in your career was leaving Killie!

As for Millen's playing days I see he was in Monty's top Kilmarnock team in the tribute book and I agree the point about him keeping himself fit for a long time is a positive.

What really matters is his ability as a Development Coach and his record looks good so far.

This is a crucial area for clubs like ours and we need to keep bringing on young players so I wish him all the best.

I posed a question, What's your thoughts on Andy Millen, to the Morton fans on another forum, only had this response so far ......

"He was seemingly well-liked by the players and the club didn't want to lose him, but he'd only been with us for two years so it's hard to say how much players breaking through has to do with him. Since he arrived the only youngster who's established themselves is Quitongo, who we picked up after he was released by Aberdeen at 16 rather than coming through our youth system all the way, although there are a few others on the fringes who look promising"

• 2 weeks later...