Woodywatch

What do you think of the video ref?

It took a bit of a while for the ref to give the red card, but he could have got a quicker tip-off from the video ref/ fourth official.

The U17 final last night featured another FIFA experiment - the ABBA penalty shoot-out. After the first Pen, the next team takes two and it becomes two each thereafter. Not sure I got the reasoning behind that.

Second England goal by Adam Armstrong, by the way.

Woodman's kicking has been very good.

7 hours ago, skygod said:

What do you think of the video ref?

It took a bit of a while for the ref to give the red card, but he could have got a quicker tip-off from the video ref/ fourth official.

The U17 final last night featured another FIFA experiment - the ABBA penalty shoot-out. After the first Pen, the next team takes two and it becomes two each thereafter. Not sure I got the reasoning behind that.

Second England goal by Adam Armstrong, by the way.

Woodman's kicking has been very good.

Statistics apparently show that teams taking the first penalty win shootouts the vast majority of the time and it is believed by some that the added pressure of 'playing catchup' is partly to blame. The ABBA penalty sequence is to even this out so that teams take turns at going first.

26 minutes ago, Dunc. said:

Is there a windfall for us from Woodman playing in this tournament, I seem to remember we got money for Hodson being in squad at Euros although he was only on loan to us?  

Did we? There were no Euro qualifiers or finals matches played while he was at Killie so I don't see how we could have received a compensation payment.

I don't think are any compensation payments for players in the U20 World Cup anyway.

Next match is at 09.00 on Tuesday against Guinea. Eurosport again.

Edited by skygod

3 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

He will go to a decent league 1 or even championship side. Julio Geordio will be trying to get him to Bury. 

Woodman was quoted in an interview just before he left us as saying the Scottish Premiership is of a higher standard than league 1 or 2 in England.

I'd imagine Woody would have a major say in where he wants to play, if he has ambitions then surely by his comments joining Bury, or any other club in these divisions, would be a backward step in his development.

If he does end up in the championship he would probably be warming the bench for a fair part of the season, due to the cut throat nature of that league, I don't see clubs there gambling on a 20 year old loanee right off the bat, again hampering his development.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Woodman was quoted in an interview just before he left us as saying the Scottish Premiership is of a higher standard than league 1 or 2 in England.

I'd imagine Woody would have a major say in where he wants to play, if he has ambitions then surely by his comments joining Bury, or any other club in these divisions, would be a backward step in his development.

If he does end up in the championship he would probably be warming the bench for a fair part of the season, due to the cut throat nature of that league, I don't see clubs there gambling on a 20 year old loanee right off the bat, again hampering his development.

I think he was being nice. A higher standard then league 1 is the championship and we would get destroyed there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2017 at 9:15 PM, C4mmy31 said:

Huddersfield played Danny Ward this season, who was on loan at Aberdeen last year. If he's good enough he will get a game in the championship easily.