London Bridge Incident

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Six dead and 48 injured at London Bridge and Borough Market.

Vauxhall was just another routine London stabbing....

Three terrrorist f**kers shot dead by police. They were wearing phoney suicide belts. 

Not clear how many victims were struck by the van and how many stabbed. On-duty British Transport Police officer critical after being stabbed.  

Conservatives suspend electioneering again (Edit - and are followed by other parties).

Edited by skygod

6 minutes ago, Riverplatekillie said:

Saudi Arabia for starters.

I don't think you'd be showing the people of Saudi Arabia much respect by closing the places of worship of their main religion.

What do you hope closing down the mosques will achieve?

57 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Jeremy doesn't believe in a "shoot-to-kill" policy. Sorry Jeremy, I want those terrorists dead, not in prison where they can spread their hatred.

The BBC breached accuracy and impartiality rules with a News At Six report by Laura Kuenssberg on Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s policy on shoot-to-kill, its governing body has said.

The item discussed the British Government’s proposed security measures following the Paris terror attacks which left 130 people dead.

A viewer complained that the use of a comment by Mr Corbyn misrepresented his views on the use of lethal force and wrongly suggested that he was against the Government’s proposed security measures.

In the item, the BBC’s political editor Kuenssberg said: “Earlier today I asked the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn if he were the resident here at Number 10 whether or not he would be happy for British officers to pull the trigger in the event of a Paris-style attack.”

Mr Corbyn was seen to respond: “I’m not happy with a shoot-to-kill policy in general. I think that is quite dangerous and I think can often be counter-productive.”

In the longer interview, the BBC’s political editor had asked him: “If we saw the kinds of horror in Paris, here, if you were Prime Minister, would you order security services on to the street to stop people being killed?”

Mr Corbyn had responded: “Of course, you’d bring people on to the streets to prevent and ensure there is safety within our society.”

The clip was taken from a longer interview conducted earlier in the day.

11 minutes ago, Lroy said:

The BBC breached accuracy and impartiality rules with a News At Six report by Laura Kuenssberg on Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn’s policy on shoot-to-kill, its governing body has said.

The item discussed the British Government’s proposed security measures following the Paris terror attacks which left 130 people dead.

A viewer complained that the use of a comment by Mr Corbyn misrepresented his views on the use of lethal force and wrongly suggested that he was against the Government’s proposed security measures.

In the item, the BBC’s political editor Kuenssberg said: “Earlier today I asked the Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn if he were the resident here at Number 10 whether or not he would be happy for British officers to pull the trigger in the event of a Paris-style attack.”

Mr Corbyn was seen to respond: “I’m not happy with a shoot-to-kill policy in general. I think that is quite dangerous and I think can often be counter-productive.”

In the longer interview, the BBC’s political editor had asked him: “If we saw the kinds of horror in Paris, here, if you were Prime Minister, would you order security services on to the street to stop people being killed?”

Mr Corbyn had responded: “Of course, you’d bring people on to the streets to prevent and ensure there is safety within our society.”

The clip was taken from a longer interview conducted earlier in the day.

I see now that it was from an older interview. His statement doesn't exactly reassure me though.

Free speech. I don't agree with his statement but it's his opinion. 

Shutting down mosques would simply radicalise more Muslims. The surgeon who treated some of the children from the Manchester bombing was a Muslim. Should we close down his place of worship ? The problem isn't a religion, it's a radical interpretation of that religion.

13 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

The problem isn't a religion, it's a radical interpretation of that religion.

The problem as, it usually is, is poverty and ignorance. Islam just provides a legitimacy for angry young men.

In my experience, if you are an angry young man you can usually find a legitimacy somewhere.