Alan Power

jam1869

2 hours ago, the big ring said:

the reports on Power's style reminds me a bit of when Jim Fleeting signed Gordon Wylde (early 80's)- a bit of a mifield dynamo who linked up really well with Davie McFarlane.

I think it was Eddie Morrison who signed Gordon Wylde. I was at Meadowbank for his debut- he got sent off. I hope that's not an omen for Alan Power @the big ring!

You won't rule it out tbh.... lol

Alan Powers disciplinary record in 261 appearances for Lincoln city.

2016-17:   Y: 10.  R: 1 (straight red) 
2015-16:   Y: 9     R: 1 (two yellows) 
2014-15:.  Y: 12   R: 1 (straight red) 
2013-14:   Y: 8     R: 2 (both straight reds) 
2012-13:   Y: 7     R: 0 
2011-12:   Y: 7     R: 1 (two yellows)

16 minutes ago, DuncanEwart said:

From "Killie Til I Die..." by Richard Cairns and Gordon Allison

Eddie Morrison

(October 1984- November 1988)

Jim Fleeting

(November 1988- April 1992)

Gordon Thomas Wylde

"...Killie signed him for £12 000 in September 1987".

So it was Eddie who signed him glad i was wrong mate

Eddie it was, thanks for correction DuncanEwart.

I think that more or less finished Gordon for us and also Davie McFarlane was never the same again without Gordon playing in the side with him. I'm sure if Power plays his natural game we will see some cards, so it is all about controlling that natural aggression and ensuring fouls etc. are "good" ones.

Edited by the big ring
spelling

1 hour ago, the big ring said:

Eddie it was, thanks for correction DuncanEwart.

I think that more or less finished Gordon for us and also Davie McFarlane was never the same again without Gordon playing in the side with him. I'm sure if Power plays his natural game we will see some cards, so it is all about controlling that natural aggression and ensuring fouls etc. are "good" ones.

I remember the summer after his injury, we were playing golf at Annanhill one night and Gordon and Hughie Allan came jogging past us. You could see he was still limping kind of (understandably). It's an interesting point you make about Wylde's absence contributing to big McFarlane's decline @the big ring- that's a connection I've never thought of before. 

• 2 weeks later...