Miles Storey

mitch14

20 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Talk that it's us or Partick for Miles Storey on loan

We've been after him since November. Think he was the striker Clark tried to sign intitially in January who wanted a permanent deal we couldn't agree to before we got Sammon

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

We've been after him since November. Think he was the striker Clark tried to sign intitially in January who wanted a permanent deal we couldn't agree to before we got Sammon

We wanted a permanent deal, he didn't

He wanted to go on loan and prove to McInnes that he was worth keeping

14 minutes ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

Name a prolific striker that we could potentially sign right now 

Why sign someone who would appear no better than we have? 

Storey career stats is a goal every 5.72 games playing at such places as Newport and Shrewsbury. 

Boyd career stats is a goal every 2.18 games the majority in the SPL.

Storey seems to have had one good season with ICT to his name and nothing else. 

If we sign him and he proves me wrong I'd be delighted.  Just can't see it though.

Edited by stewarty66

Really need to see Storey playing regularly to judge him. At ICT he played regularly in an ok team and hit double figures. How many regular starts has he had elsewhere in his career to get a chance to build confidence and form. I watched a lot of Aberdeen on TV last year and he was certainly well down the pecking order there. The stats say 14 or 15 appearances depending where you look. I'd guess most of those were as sub and he probably played less than five games in total minutes. 

Timing is everything. You can sign a player who doesn't have great stats because you don't think he has found his level, or he needs a run of games, or he just needs a change of scenery.

Lots of players have suddenly come good out of the blue at a new club for no obvious reason. Maybe McCulloch has a hunch about Storey.

One thing is for sure - Boyd won't score at a rate of every 2.18 matches next season.

34 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Why sign someone who would appear no better than we have? 

Storey career stats is a goal every 5.72 games playing at such places as Newport and Shrewsbury. 

Boyd career stats is a goal every 2.18 games the majority in the SPL.

Storey seems to have had one good season with ICT to his name and nothing else. 

If we sign him and he proves me wrong I'd be delighted.  Just can't see it though.

Hardly a fair comparison is it 

compare any potential striker on career stat goal ratios against Boydie and they're going to look poor 

Boydie has played 578 games 

Storey has played 143 

Boydie is 11 years his senior and is one of the most prolific strikers the country has ever produced 

however in the last 2 seasons he scored 15 goals so it's clear we need to strengthen 

we need to start looking forward and stop looking back 

Edited by Sp3ckyh0td0g81

Don't think Storey is the answer but finding someone who will get us 10 goals or more in the league won't be easy. 

There are no obvious candidates in Scotland I can think of that a) we could afford and b) would want to join us. 

We need to find another Coulibaly or Moult from England or try and get a good young prospect on loan. Whether or not we find him will be a big factor in how well we will do next season. 

Edited by historyman

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

I watched a lot of Aberdeen on TV last year and he was certainly well down the pecking order there. The stats say 14 or 15 appearances depending where you look. I'd guess most of those were as sub and he probably played less than five games in total minutes. 

I checked this out earlier.

He started just two matches last season and was subbed on 17 times. Total playing time 333 mins.

I actually have a sneaky feeling he would be a good signing.

As mentioned above, he can't really be judged at other clubs based on him being a bit-part player.

Aberdeen fan in my work today says he's hardly seen him kick a ball and doesn't fall into the Derek McInnes "striker" mould.

On subject of goal scoring strikers we could get, I still think Billy McKay would be worth approaching. He's a smashing player and he would likely be free to leave for hee-haw!