Bonnyton Thistle

Do they have any facilities? Where do they play? Surely they won't be allowed to use the public park in Bonnyton!

I see they are building a new facility @ townholm. Used to be the old 5 a sides when i was a boy :-)

Edited by azertyuiop

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this has already been posted but I've just noticed that Alan Robertson assisted by Paul Wright are managing Bonnyton's senior team now that they've successfully applied to join the 6th tier in Scottish senior football. Their new pitch at Townholm is looking good too.

Good luck to Alan and Paul, hope they do well!

Edited by Lroy
EDIT: Merged with existing thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was down there a couple of weeks ago.

Fair play to them getting on the senior ladder, but it is competition for the first time within Killie for the fanbase.

You'll also presumably be able to stand, it'll be cheaper entry than Rugby Park etc.

Not really much of an issue now, but it is a good facility and Killie has a fine football tradition.

If they made it to League football - I think over time, they'd fracture off 10-15% of the Killie fanbase.

Mostly cos of the terracing..

With two boys at Bonnyton I'll certainly be at Townholm probably a bit more than Rugby Park , but I don't think Killie have much to worry about just yet LOL. Maybe a good chance for some fans who can't make an away game at Aberdeen , Ross County , Dundee etc due to say Saturday morning work commitments to take in a match locally at a good level if Bonnyton are at Home ? 

I think its facilities that give them a possible wee niche here.

Ironically those facilities are basically a fence round the pitch!

If Killie had a standing area, it wouldn't matter.

On the other hand, they could be our feeder team to all extents and purposes.

I'd be interested in BB thoughts on BT,  could be competition but I think otherwise with the AR involvement.

Or maybe theres too many good young players in Killie to select the best 20 at 16/17?

That would be the best bit, if BT was as a result of too much talent being wasted to the senior games elite system.

Edited by RAG