Boydie's Sun Column

Sp3ckyh0td0g81

3 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

If you think Boyd is past t then that's your opinion, and your entitled to it. 

If you think the money would be better spent elsewhere then I would argue that you are wrong. 

His experience, the work he does with the youth teams and younger members of the squad are are invaluable to their development. His goals alone last year were worth their weight in gold as we were amongst the lowest scorers in the division, finished 6 points off the play-off place and 7 off automatic relegation.  We also lost our main striker half way thru the season without an adequate replacement. 

If you can't overlook a few colum inches every week then you should stop buying/reading The Sun. Why anyone still does read it is beyond me. 

I dont buy the sun and i didnt buy this edition. I came across the article looking up players who had signed on the 26th July for the On This Day thread.  I came across the article.  Given his average performances on the park in the last 2 seasons and not being happy with that, in then reading the article i think he has to make a decision about what his priorities are.

I am not in any way suggesting his contribution to the youth set up isnt valuable to the club, it would be fair to say there is an argument that it is proving to be more valuable than what he produces on the park.

I am not in any way nullifying the incredible contribution he has made in the past to our long term success.

I am not in any way ignoring his importance to us in the past either, or his importance with his involvement with the youth set up off the park.

Only scoring 36 goals as a team in a season, not only were Boyds goals invaluable they were as equally as valuable as the other 28 goals scored.

i gave you examples of the goals scored over the season before he left to return to Sevco where he scored 22 goals in a team that scored 45 goals that season.

the following season without him in the team we scored 44 goals which is 1 less than when he was there. We lost 7 less goals the following season aswell.

On his return we scored 3 goals less than the previous season and then 5 less last season than the previous.

my argument wasnt that his wage was better spent elsewhere. 

It has to be considered however that his inclusion in the team is potentially holding us back from bringing in a striker who is fitter and can give us more of a return on the park in terms of goals. 

That is what he is employed to do. Whether he does alot of work for the youth of the partk is irrelevant.

He is currently emplyed as our striker, our main goal threat and i dont think he has enough in his arsenal anymore to produce enough of a return to justify his continued inclusion.

remeber that he is employed as our striker.

Taking all this into account, when i stumble across his article where he is giving his opinion on Sevco for the trillionith time, as a Killie fan who wants what is best for the club (the same as every one of us and in no way am i suggesting any more or any less) i find his article only fuels the opinion that his focus, desire and ambition isnt 100% focused on his day job. The job that he is currently employed to do and thats score goals for Kilmarnock.

The details i have given you are to support my reasons in forming this opinion.

If you believe that 15 goals in 2 seasons is good enough for our main goal scorer then you are entitiled to your opinion but i think youre wrong.

If we were talking about any other striker and this was the return he produced over 2 seasons there isnt a single person who would be calling for his contuned inclusion in the team.

22 hours ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

I dont buy this, because Boyd did this or did that (in the past) that we should accept he writes about Sevco because he played for them and is their record goalscorer.

We need to accept that, if Boyd had never played for Rangers, they would have absolutely no interest in publishing his views.

More fools The Sun if they are prepared to pay him to give his views. They are not alone though because BT Sport and the BBC regularly pay him to air his views too.

He must have something worthwhile to say .... or maybe he's just being used to fill up pages and airtime. 

Footballers are a long time retired and he will have plenty of time to try to establish himself in the media world after playing. Why he has started while he is still playing is beyond me.

Greed or vanity are the only conclusions I can draw.

1 minute ago, PrestersKtid said:

You surely can't attribute us losing more goals to Boydy being in the team?  In each of those years we had shocking defences.

If you look back throughout the seasons we very rarely had anyone (other than Boyd) That scored double figure league goals a season.

In fact since 98/99 we've had Naismith- 15, Sammon -15, Shiels -11 and Magennis -10. Boyd the only other player who scored more than 10 a season. 

8 goals last season would be top scorer in each of seasons 98/99, 99/00, 00/01, 01/02, 07/08, 08/09, 09/10. 

He is declining for sure but i'd rather have his 8 goals than none. If Sammon had played instead of Boyd for majority we would'nt have been better off.

no i am not suggesting his inclusion in the team attributed to us losing more goals but i dont think i can quote the goals scored by the team without giving the goals lost.

of course i would rather have 8 goals than not have 8 goals but that isnt too say we could attempt to sign a striker who can score more than 8 goals in a season.

From January when Sammon arrived him and Boydie both scored 5 goals between that point and the end of the season.

53 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

His goals alone last year were worth their weight in gold as we were amongst the lowest scorers in the division, finished 6 points off the play-off place and 7 off automatic relegation. 

If Boyd hadn't been playing someone else would have been, and there is a very good chance they would have scored at least eight times.

Even Sammon scored five after the break and he's hardly the most prolific striker!

Sammon wasn't great but honestly he contributed far more than Boyd in the second half of last season and was playing out of position. Boyd deserves to be regarded as a legend but I think these forays into media (yes he's entitled to his opinion) but these and his condition and performance are tarnishing that legendary status.

It's up to him to really work hard but if he isn't noticeably sharper early on next season then we need to move on.

As I suggested earlier I hope he doesn't regret this in a few years time.

Whenever (If you have it look at the photo on the front of the march Partick programme ...... yes ..... I know he was in the process of missing a penalty but the ball had just left his foot) I see him he looks troubled and ill at ease and given the family tragedy I'm not criticising him for that.

With that in mind though, on top of the embarrassment to our club, I seriously wonder if a future media career is in his best interests?

1 hour ago, skygod said:

If Boyd hadn't been playing someone else would have been, and there is a very good chance they would have scored at least eight times.

By your reckoning If another left back instead of Taylor had went to the Toulon Tournament there's a 'very good chance' he would have finished 4th best player too.

Boyd got himself into those positions and scored those goals. Speculating what would have happened waste time.

1 hour ago, Sp3ckyh0td0g81 said:

no i am not suggesting his inclusion in the team attributed to us losing more goals but i dont think i can quote the goals scored by the team without giving the goals lost.

of course i would rather have 8 goals than not have 8 goals but that isnt too say we could attempt to sign a striker who can score more than 8 goals in a season.

From January when Sammon arrived him and Boydie both scored 5 goals between that point and the end of the season.

Part of my point is in the past almost 20 years we've had 4 players other than Boyd who've scored double figures in the league. Those types of players are hard to find. You could argue there are people like Billy Mackay, or liam boyce or Stevie may etc for the so called lesser clubs, but that's all they've had in a long time. 

Coulibaly would've most certainly gotten double figures in league if he'd stayed last season but there are no guarantees we can find another him.

34 minutes ago, DuncD said:

Boyd got himself into those positions and scored those goals. Speculating what would have happened waste time.

What I'm saying is that people make out that, if Boyd hadn't been playing, we would have been operating as if a man down and wouldn't have scored at all.

It's not unreasonable to state that there was a very good chance that another player would have scored eight goals over the course of a season and have cited the example of Sammon. 

8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Kris Boyd has been called on his mobile, when he's not training at night to ask for his comments, by Sky, who he does work for from time to time, on his former club?

Once again I fail to see any issue here at all.

Unless Spain have a different time zone these days he was called at 10am today.....

Anyway, hopefully he'll be willing to give h is opinion on the EBT he received now that they've lost their appeal at the Supreme Court. I think he'll swerve that one......

PS - You don't see any issue with him referring to another SPL club as WE?

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Unless Spain have a different time zone these days he was called at 10am today.....

Anyway, hopefully he'll be willing to give h is opinion on the EBT he received now that they've lost their appeal at the Supreme Court. I think he'll swerve that one......

PS - You don't see any issue with him referring to another SPL club as WE?

I'm sure he runs about with his mobile phone tucked into his socks then ¬¬

As for referring to them as "we"... I honestly don't care. I talk about Killie in work as "we". It's just how most folk refer to the club that they support. The fact he's employed by another club really has no baring on it for me. If folk want to get offended with this then they will. I've got more concerns for our club than who Boyd supports or who he talks about... this would probably be item 341 on my "snag list"... (before anyone say's I am not naming the 340 before it).

As for EBT thing, I see Rangers (LOLZ) are not liable to pay anything as the debt is registered to Oldco... does that mean that we finally have definitive proof they are a new club?

If Rangers paid this I could see the argument for them being the same club... if they don't then no further proof is needed?

The old club / new club argument is a total irrelevance cleverly spun and given a high profile by their friends in the media (and at Parkhead I may add) to keep the attention off the real issue as far as football is concerned - the fact that they fielded wrongly registered and ineligible players for years and every one of the trophies won during that period should be stripped from them.

It was the biggest disgrace in Scotland's sporting history and that crook Murray is still sitting in his big Edinburgh mansion having ripped off shareholders and pension scheme members alike. 

Edited by historyman

they should now be stripped of titles  and trophies    

hmrc will now go after individuals who received ebts 

doncaster ogilvie regan all complicit in this, every club in scotland should be demanding actions against the hun and compensation for league placing and trophies cheated in

sfa corrupt dead co corrupt spfl corrupt 

we have all been paying into rigged competitions for years 

if this was an athlete or individual they would be classed as cheats and lose all titles and banning orders put in place 

i predict deafening silence

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

I'm sure he runs about with his mobile phone tucked into his socks then ¬¬

As for referring to them as "we"... I honestly don't care. I talk about Killie in work as "we". It's just how most folk refer to the club that they support. The fact he's employed by another club really has no baring on it for me. If folk want to get offended with this then they will. I've got more concerns for our club than who Boyd supports or who he talks about... this would probably be item 341 on my "snag list"... (before anyone say's I am not naming the 340 before it).

As for EBT thing, I see Rangers (LOLZ) are not liable to pay anything as the debt is registered to Oldco... does that mean that we finally have definitive proof they are a new club?

If Rangers paid this I could see the argument for them being the same club... if they don't then no further proof is needed?

So it doesn't bother you that his mind should be preoccupied with today's match against Real Murcia in Spain then?

41 minutes ago, historyman said:

The old club / new club argument is a total irrelevance cleverly spun and given a high profile by their friends in the media (and at Parkhead I may add) to keep the attention off the real issue as far as football is concerned - the fact that they fielded wrongly registered and illegible players for years and every one of the trophies won during that period should be stripped from them.

It was the biggest disgrace in Scotland's sporting history and that crook Murray is still sitting in his big Edinburgh mansion having ripped off shareholders and pension scheme members alike. 

It should now make Regan & Doncaster's position untenable after making the case for Rangers readmittance to the league thou......