Cammy Bell

Mark

22 minutes ago, aumgn said:

To suggest McDonald - who has been our best player for a huge percentage of his time with us - is not a "real keeper" is completely laughable.

Its not just laughable it's an absolute embarrasment. 

36 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I wonder if giving United assurances MacDonald would be joining Falkirk, swung the deal? It would certainly make their job of getting out of the championship easier. 

Take it you don't like Jamie mac very much then? As has been commented there is not a lot between him and cammy bell so I'm sure you will be the first to post when cammy signs and makes his first mistake that costs  us a game as to the reason why !

6 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Take it you don't like Jamie mac very much then? As has been commented there is not a lot between him and cammy bell so I'm sure you will be the first to post when cammy signs and makes his first mistake that costs  us a game as to the reason why !

I'm stunned that a Killie fan is looking forward to Cammy Bell making a mistake.

Btw Bell if a superior keeper to MacDonald. You should actually be delighted that we're improving our squad. 

10 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I'm stunned that a Killie fan is looking forward to Cammy Bell making a mistake.

Btw Bell if a superior keeper to MacDonald.

He was, but if it was another position, with 4 seasons of lower league football under his belt - we wouldn't expect great things immediately.

I reckon Bell  sees himself as a top 6 keeper and won't do 5 seasons in lower league football.

If we get a hungry Cammy Bell back, its bye bye McDonald, with thanks for his efforts - its a ruthless business.

Edited by RAG

Zorro did Jaimie MacDonald get fired into you mum or something? You would think he was a bomb scare on the scale of Dubourdeau listening to you. He's consistently been good for us, has made very few mistakes and played a huge part in keeping us up a few years back. For the record I don't think there will be much between Bell and MacDonald at the moment given Bell's previous injury problems and extended spell in the lower leagues. I get the logic behind bringing in Bell and am glad to see us bring back one of our own youth products but he's not all that much better than MacDonald if at all, they are both very good SPL keepers. We have had a lot worse over the years and we will have a lot worse in the years to come than Jaimie Mac.

I don't think there's much difference between MacDonald and Bell.

That said, MacDonald has been a good, reliable keeper for us, and I hope he stays to tight for the jersey.

Bell has spent the last few seasons in the wilderness and I worry that will have affected his ability.

Here's hoping we can keep both. 

9 hours ago, RAG said:

He was, but if it was another position, with 4 seasons of lower league football under his belt - we wouldn't expect great things immediately.

I reckon Bell  sees himself as a top 6 keeper and won't do 5 seasons in lower league football.

If we get a hungry Cammy Bell back, its bye bye McDonald, with thanks for his efforts - its a ruthless business.

Tend to agree with this.

I really like Jamie Mac but if Bell get's back to his old form he's number 1 for me.

I'd be shocked if McCulloch hadn't consulted Billy Thomson to see if we needed another No.1 keeper. He obviously had his doubts after watching MacDonald for a few seasons and he appears to have recruited wisely in all other areas of the pitch. Let's just trust their judgement and welcome home Bell. Personally I think we're in for a much better season with the players at McCulloch's disposal but let's recap on what the "experts" on Killiefc.com think- first our new signings 

Bell - injured/lacking in confidence/ lacking in ambition.

O'Donnell- he'll no dae 

Broadfoot - too slow

Greer - too old and slow

Higgins - too young and lacking in experience 

Waters - too wee and lacking in experience 

Thomas - world class

Burke-  possibly PSG's next major signing or injury/illness prone  

Power - too slow/ unfit/ game passes him by

Erwin - 20+ goals a season man. 

Samizadeh - too wee and easily brushed off the ball  

Players from last season.

MacDonald - best keeper in the league

S. Boyd - the ginger Baresi

Smith - crock

Taylor -world class

Wilson -he'll no dae

McKenzie - he'll no dae 

Dicker - can't pass two yards / best midfielder in the league. 

Frizzell - he'll no dae 

Jones - no end product/ can't cross

Kiltie - either world class or never fully recovered from his injuries.

K. Boyd - too old/fat/outspoken, lacks mobility, can't jump, spends the whole game wrestling with defenders. 

Apologies to anyone I've left out  

Edited by Zorro