Them v Killie fred 14/07/14

CB

Boyd gets lots of stick and with reason - he's finished and is a dinosaur of a striker.

But the midfield was absolutely atrocious. Second best in all the tackles, slowest to the ball. The best tackle was by O'Donnell on Frizzell.

I really don't get what McKenzie offers. Originally a striker, then a right winger he's now.... nothing really. Offers little in attack or defence. A bit of a nuisance presence.

McCulloch wants three or four players, but he should use the money on a creative midfielder and a striker.       

47 minutes ago, skygod said:

Eh?!

Frizzel totally at fault for goal. Might be wrong but I think it was him at Motherwell within 3 mins he let his man drop off at a corner and stick one in the back of the net. Don't want to be down on youngsters but if he doesn't wake up he won't even get a game for Hurlford.  P. S no disrespect to Hurlford.

I was really hoping I'd be proved wrong about McCulloch, but if that's anything to go by I worry about us this season, I was never enamoured by his appointment. As for Boyd as everyone has said it was obvious last season he was finished, I really hope Lee has someone up his sleeve but I fear we may be starting the league campaign with him up front.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

Boyd gets lots of stick and with reason - he's finished and is a dinosaur of a striker.

But the midfield was absolutely atrocious. Second best in all the tackles, slowest to the ball. The best tackle was by O'Donnell on Frizzell.

I really don't get what McKenzie offers. Originally a striker, then a right winger he's now.... nothing really. Offers little in attack or defence. A bit of a nuisance presence.

McCulloch wants three or four players, but he should use the money on a creative midfielder and a striker.       

I honestly cannot believe mckenzie still gets a game for us, he has been a nothing player for 5 years and he STILL starts 

New season, new players...same old failings. A goalie who is a good shotstopper but doesn't dominate his area. Defenders who can't defend the simple ball through them. What happened to our attacking wingbacks.  Midfield wiith no creativity ok we need a player to break things up in midfield but do we need 4 doing the same thing? One  of them must get out now and again to support the strikers. Strikers who don the headless chicken routine and win nothing. Wingers who can't get the ball past the first man. Again the question must be asked ....what do they do in training. They are still looking around and pointing as if playing football is alien to them.

1 minute ago, Piersquared said:

Frizzell should have done better at the goal, it was dreadful defending but why the hell was he marking one of their main goal threats at a set-piece???

Nail on head! Why the hell is our smallest player (the smallest in the league?) marking someone six yards out in the middle of the goal?

Where were Broadfoot, Boyd x 2, O'Donnell et al? The keeper and the captain have to organise the defence.

Wow. How s**t were we? Here's my view.

Broadfoot looked decent.

Waters at the back did ok.

O'Donnell looked pretty good also.

Power was invisible. Brought nothing to the game.

Likewise for Wilson.

Jones and Thomas were both bright spots in a dreary, clueless team, but both need to work on their final ball....that said, Ronaldo and Neymar would struggle to find the precise ball that Boyd's needs.

McKenzie needs to decide what he is.

Boyd was immobile. As much as I love him as a player, he's now a 2nd half sub when the 1st team striker is misfiring.

Wee Frizzell looked like he had gone backwards from the last game of last season where he was immense, battering through tackles and spraying passes. He needs to get back to that.

Christ, I hope Jamie Mac stays.

If Lee thinks Samizadeh will be the answer to our goal drought, he's had a ride awakening. The lad has promise, but he was anonymous tonight. 

To be fair, he wasn't the only one.

The Killie fans at the club had better let the rest of them know how much this lost opportunity hurts. It's embarrassing and they'll need to seriously make up for tonight.

McCulloch - "Miles off it at the start of the game.

Silly goal from a set play.

Second half much better, didn't deserve to win, maybe worth a draw. xD

Player who was supposed to be marking Gegan didn't.

Wake-up call, reality check, blah blah blah...."

Edited by skygod